Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

21 event NCCC Autocross

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 01:47 PM
vettmike
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 21 event NCCC Autocross

Three clubs in the Carolina Region of the National Council of Corvette Clubs is hosting a three day, 21 event Autocross Weekend over the Memorial Day Weekend, The event will be held at the Old Sanford Airport in Sanford NC.

You can down load a copy of the event flyer at www.crnccc.com, or PM me and I will send you a copy.

Vettmike
Old 01-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by vettmike
Three clubs in the Carolina Region of the National Council of Corvette Clubs is hosting a three day, 21 event Autocross Weekend over the Memorial Day Weekend, The event will be held at the Old Sanford Airport in Sanford NC.

You can down load a copy of the event flyer at www.crnccc.com, or PM me and I will send you a copy.

Vettmike
I've been wanting to run at Sanford for so long. But last year I was building, installing the new engine, doing lots of other work, etc. But she's doing well and has a few thousand miles on her now. I'm going to make every effort to get there for this. NCCC is where it's at. I'll likely never darken the doorway of another SCCA event.
BTW, when are dues due again?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:03 PM
vettmike
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Corvette Kid
I've been wanting to run at Sanford for so long. But last year I was building, installing the new engine, doing lots of other work, etc. But she's doing well and has a few thousand miles on her now. I'm going to make every effort to get there for this. NCCC is where it's at. I'll likely never darken the doorway of another SCCA event.
BTW, when are dues due again?
We (CAT) took care of your NCCC dues, you should see your membership package any day

Mike
Old 02-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

We (CAT) took care of your NCCC dues, you should see your membership package any day

Mike
That was very nice, thank you a bunch! BTW, I got your email re/ the banquet but now can't find it to respond. Anyhow, I won't be able to attend this year. I look forward to seeing you in the coming months.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:02 AM
vettmike
Burning Brakes

Chris, we will miss meeting you at the Baquet.

Mike
Old 02-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

This is the site where I got hooked. Yes, after the first run I was totally hooked into the auto-cross world. BUT, Chris is right in saying SCCA's CCR is not where it's at for Corvettes. You'll enjoy everything about this event.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:02 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

I too will never attend an SCCA event. Though I did very well in NCCC events, placing second in the Carolinas region one year, I was not doing very well at all in the SCCA events. I thought it was me at first, but found out it's the way they lay out the course. It's biased against Corvettes and in reality made for little econoboxes to do well. Never again.............

You will definitely have fun at the NCCC events. Corvette-only courses are the way to go!
Old 02-05-2007, 01:03 PM
vettmike
Burning Brakes

Strick, you and CandyVette have found out what a lot of us learned years ago.

If you know of anyone who wants to do a great Autocross sent them to Sanford.

This is probably one of the few events where you get fed for 2 of the 3 days.

I will be laying out the course, and I like to go fast and brake hard!

vettmike

Last edited by vettmike; 02-26-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Sully C5
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran

have not AX yet, but may give this a try. I just wonder how it compares to running a road course. Who has done both AX & Road Racing? Pros/cons of each?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Sully C5
have not AX yet, but may give this a try. I just wonder how it compares to running a road course. Who has done both AX & Road Racing? Pros/cons of each?
I've been to the road course runs at Kershaw and ran the parade laps at a speed with an instructor that got my focus sharpened. It's hard to compare auto cross and road racing. Auto cross, you hardly get out of 2nd gear, except at Sanford, and it's tighter turns and quicker hard braking. It's more violant in the car during an autocross run, but it's very short compared to road racing. And then there's the cones. No doubt, for Vettes, road racing is much more exciting and things are not happening as fast as in auto crossing. Road racing is harder on your brakes, longer slow downs from higher speeds, but you get to open her up like a Vette should be handled. Autocrossing is good for sharpening skills for normal day to day driving. Let me explain. You learn how sharp and how fast your car can turn and stop at speeds you normally drive at. It might better perpare one for that emergency stop or avoidence manuever or better yet, show the driver how to avoid bad situations while daily driving.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Sully C5
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Strick
I've been to the road course runs at Kershaw and ran the parade laps at a speed with an instructor that got my focus sharpened. It's hard to compare auto cross and road racing. Auto cross, you hardly get out of 2nd gear, except at Sanford, and it's tighter turns and quicker hard braking. It's more violant in the car during an autocross run, but it's very short compared to road racing. And then there's the cones. No doubt, for Vettes, road racing is much more exciting and things are not happening as fast as in auto crossing. Road racing is harder on your brakes, longer slow downs from higher speeds, but you get to open her up like a Vette should be handled. Autocrossing is good for sharpening skills for normal day to day driving. Let me explain. You learn how sharp and how fast your car can turn and stop at speeds you normally drive at. It might better perpare one for that emergency stop or avoidence manuever or better yet, show the driver how to avoid bad situations while daily driving.
Thanks. I guess the only way I will find out is to try.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Nitro-C5

Received 3,081 Likes on 908 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'12, '14-'15

Vettmike
I've missed the last 2 years of this event after (making the first 2 years) this is a great event and they always set up great courses. If I'm in town this year I will definately be there!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Daffy
Florida turtle advocate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

I will be there for all 3 days this year...
Old 02-08-2007, 10:48 AM
vettmike
Burning Brakes

I missed last year, damn brain cancer, but I will there this year.

I promise the course will be a challenge and will be a ton of fun

vettmike
Old 02-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Daffy
Florida turtle advocate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Default Good to hear it

We most definitely missed the "Bohannan courses" at Sanford in 06. Really looking forward to them this year...
Old 02-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Carolina C4 Racer
Pro

I'm in.
This is a first class event.
Very fast with lots of room for error...... so sign up now!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:53 PM
ILM-Express
MFIC
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To 21 event NCCC Autocross

Old 04-14-2007, 10:02 AM
ERND IT
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI-3 Car Show Winner
CI-4 Car Show Winner
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

TTT - this is a "tons of seat time" weekend! Still taking sign ups!
Mike is in the hospital, so pls reply/PM me if you need more info!
Old 04-14-2007, 05:25 PM
B-rent
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Would this be a good even for someone who has never auto-crossed? If not Ill still come watch and bring the vette to hang out
Old 04-14-2007, 09:41 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by B-rent
Would this be a good even for someone who has never auto-crossed? If not Ill still come watch and bring the vette to hang out
You will get plenty of practice out there with at least 42 runs over the weekend. With your mods you will probably be in X class. There will be folks there that will help show you the way. This is the best venue in NC for autocross IMO.

Quick Reply: 21 event NCCC Autocross