Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Dragon's Breath

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:29 AM
vetteman9368
Team Owner

Location: I have no tolerence for liberals and fools, but sometimes i repeat myself
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CI 3-5-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

Doug, you gotta start putting some parts back on the car. If you keep taking them off, you won't have a car left, lol
Old 08-18-2008, 11:47 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Snowman
FYI,

I bought a car from David Buffington (EvilKeven) earlier this year, even got an article put in Corvette Enthusiast (Oct2008 current issue) for him because I thought so much of the car. Bob did much to all of the work on it.

About the same time as the article came out, the motor took a complete powder. I had put about 300 miles on it since buying it. Almost nothing in it was as advertised...crank, rods were no name products not as advertised. Crank was originally way out of balance, had a big gouge out of it, cam gear had bored its way into the front of the block, causing junk to circulate all through the motor, bearings were cut to the copper, oil filter bypass stuck open with junk so nothing was going through the filter. Keisler was poorly installed and had to be completely rebuilt. I am having to go through the entire car now cleaning up the mess that the two of them made.

Some matters I won't get into here were grossly misrepresented by David.

This is not a case of buyer's remorse and don't let anyone kid you about that. One or both of them, I suspect both of them, were in cahoots. It's possible that the engine building was Bob pulling one over on David. I don't care to waste time or money to track either of them down. I did contact David and he went to ground, denied everything. I have heard a lot of bad press in the last 3-4 months about Bob's work and how he ran his business. I know Bob from way back, not interested, once again, in who said what to whom but I do know I get to clean it up.

My recommendation? Don't do business with either one of them. Stay far far far far away.

Doug
I won't even go into how "great" a job Bob did on my '85. I learned an expensive lesson. Don't let anyone touch your car without doing a little background check on them.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Y2KVert
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor 06

FYI,

I bought a car from David Buffington (EvilKeven) earlier this year, even got an article put in Corvette Enthusiast (Oct2008 current issue) for him because I thought so much of the car. Bob did much to all of the work on it.

About the same time as the article came out, the motor took a complete powder. I had put about 300 miles on it since buying it. Almost nothing in it was as advertised...crank, rods were no name products not as advertised. Crank was originally way out of balance, had a big gouge out of it, cam gear had bored its way into the front of the block, causing junk to circulate all through the motor, bearings were cut to the copper, oil filter bypass stuck open with junk so nothing was going through the filter. Keisler was poorly installed and had to be completely rebuilt. I am having to go through the entire car now cleaning up the mess that the two of them made.

Some matters I won't get into here were grossly misrepresented by David.

This is not a case of buyer's remorse and don't let anyone kid you about that. One or both of them, I suspect both of them, were in cahoots. It's possible that the engine building was Bob pulling one over on David. I don't care to waste time or money to track either of them down. I did contact David and he went to ground, denied everything. I have heard a lot of bad press in the last 3-4 months about Bob's work and how he ran his business. I know Bob from way back, not interested, once again, in who said what to whom but I do know I get to clean it up.

My recommendation? Don't do business with either one of them. Stay far far far far away.

Doug
Geez Doug I'm really sorry to hear this. As for David aka Evil Kevin I would say you are right in assuming that Bob pulled the wool over his eyes. Ask me and my bank account how I know this. I was a big supporter of Bob's in the past as he did allot of work on my car and come to find out did allot of things wrong on my car. I ended up taking the car to Nick Steffens to get it straitened out. 1500 dollars later all was good. I hate that you ran into this problem but I can assure you that David like a bunch of us was most likely and innocent bystander in this train wreck we knew as Dragon's Breath Performance. I guess we all should have been skeptical of a business named after a long extinct mythical creature.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:05 PM
rj8806
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

..... Keisler was poorly installed and had to be completely rebuilt. I am having to go through the entire car now cleaning up the mess that the two of them made.....
While I have no dog in this fight I surely don't want to see one of our kits mis-installed and causing you headaches. Please call or PM or e-mail me the shop name and number of who's working on it and I will be glad to assist in any way(technically) I can. I understand that you were not the original buyer from us and that doesn't matter to me. I just want to see our TKO kit installed correctly and doing what it is advertised to do. If you personally want to contact me, feel free to do so and once again, I will offer up as much technical assistance as you need in order to fix that part of your dilemma.

If you call, please refresh my fading memory that this is about this post on CF. :o

Richard
Tech Support
Keisler Engineering
865-609-8187 x201
customerservice@keislerauto.com

Last edited by rj8806; 08-19-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:30 AM
Snowman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Richard, I appreciate your offer but you guys have already taken care of me. I shipped my Keisler back to you in a custom made wooden crate in June, had sheared off the pin in the shifter and needed the new updated shift forks with dogs. It was your folks who said that for a relatively new tranny, it had been mis-installed and some parts were worn.

Keisler is a really stand up group and I now have a redone and upgraded TKO-600 in my crate in the garage back in Texas. Thank you thank you thank you. You have my vote!

Doug
Old 08-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Snowman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by vetteman9368
Doug, you gotta start putting some parts back on the car. If you keep taking them off, you won't have a car left, lol
Chad's dig is that I am completely disassembling the car while I am building the new motor. Will come back as a completely new car.
555, Keisler, Tom's rear and 1480 half shafts, offset trailing arms, upgraded wheels and tires, flares, sidepipes and a completely new coat of paint.

There were so many parts of the car where things were only finger tight. I am truly lucky the car broke down when it did.

Nuff said. I will post a picture of my hacked up crank when I get one.

Quick Reply: Dragon's Breath