Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Looking for Corvette club

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:58 AM
0Coastal Boot
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for Corvette club

I live in Parkland Florida and would like to join a local Corvette club.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:19 AM
RACN1320
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too far south for me
Old 01-30-2008, 08:58 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There's a lot of forums within the main Forum here. Have you tried the Southeast section of Events & Regional forum?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

or, simply Google or Yahoo "florida corvette clubs."
Old 01-30-2008, 09:58 AM
fredl11
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 32 Posts

Default I can think

of 2 right away

Americas Corvette Club, we belong with them ( http://www.americascorvetteclub.com/),Sponsored by Lou Bachrodt Chevrolet and Renegades Sponsored by Ed Morse Chevrolet, Sawgrass

Old 01-30-2008, 10:20 AM
PAmotorman
Melting Slicks

Received 150 Likes on 131 Posts

corvette clubs are why i own a corvette as i have been a member of CCWP,corvette club of western pa, since 1960 and that is what i mainly use my corvette for club events.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:01 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I joined a club once - the Corvette Club of Baltimore back in 1969. It was one of the first, if not THE first Corvette Club in the country. My uncle was one of its founders. It was fun at first then became very "click" oriented (the autocrossers; the people that showed their cars; the rallye folks, etc.) so I bailed and haven't joined one since. Going to different local events I've noticed for the most part that if you don't belong to the "club" sponsoring the event, you don't belong, or you're snubbed like you drive a Mustang. Clubs are fine for those that enjoy them but I bought a Corvette(s) for the car and its technololgy, not for club participation or to satisfy others.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:07 AM
PAmotorman
Melting Slicks

Received 150 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by vetdude
I joined a club once - the Corvette Club of Baltimore back in 1969. It was one of the first, if not THE first Corvette Club in the country. My uncle was one of its founders. It was fun at first then became very "click" oriented (the autocrossers; the people that showed their cars; the rallye folks, etc.) so I bailed and haven't joined one since. Going to different local events I've noticed for the most part that if you don't belong to the "club" sponsoring the event, you don't belong, or you're snubbed like you drive a Mustang. Clubs are fine for those that enjoy them but I bought a Corvette(s) for the car and its technololgy, not for club participation or to satisfy others.
sounds like you did not fit in and you were wise to bail BUT i tell corvette owners to try a club because there are some very nice people there and some i met thru the club 45 years ago are still my close friends.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:15 PM
als2052
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your best bet would be to attend club meetings for both club, soak in atmosphere and go from there...If there are special interests you have, make sure you go with the group you think you would be most happy with...
Old 01-30-2008, 12:30 PM
jcb_njb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastal Boot
I live in Parkland Florida and would like to join a local Corvette club.
I live in Parkland as well and I belong to the America's Corvette Club. We meet the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at Lou Bachrodt Chev. on Atlantic Blvd just west of I95. You are more then welcome to come by and decide. If you need more information just PM me.

We have a cruise to the Everglades Seafood Festival this Saturday. See previous thread.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1921064

Jim

Last edited by jcb_njb; 01-30-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for Corvette club

Quick Reply: Looking for Corvette club