Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Detailing in Hampton Roads

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:32 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Detailing in Hampton Roads

I did a search but no luck so I apologize if this is a repeat. I am looking for a good shop in the Hampton Roads area (I'm in Chesapeake) to make my baby look pretty again! The paint is not bad, but with limited equipment, facilities, and most importantly experience I haven't been able to get it looking like I would like. It's a daily driver rain or shine so it is showing a little wear. I'm looking for somebody to do something with the spiderwebs, swirls and basic (non painting) work, possibly even re-polishing up my CCWs if they could do it. Does anybody have any recommendations of a good shop to take it to?? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:57 AM
wayneinvirginia
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

This is way off your topic but I see you are from the area and I wanted to invite you to join a group of us this Saturday (Feb 9) for a cruise from Yorktown to Smithfield. Right now we have 18 Corvettes that have committed to attend and I'm sure one of them could make a suggestion for a detailer.

Here is a link to the post for the cruise.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1900543

We are always looking for new folks to come and join our group, we have things going on all year long, many of which are in your area.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:19 AM
obxfunn
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10
FedEx Bowl 4 St. Jude '09

I would love to find someone I can trust as well. Let me know if you find out anything.

Originally Posted by redls1gto
I did a search but no luck so I apologize if this is a repeat. I am looking for a good shop in the Hampton Roads area (I'm in Chesapeake) to make my baby look pretty again! The paint is not bad, but with limited equipment, facilities, and most importantly experience I haven't been able to get it looking like I would like. It's a daily driver rain or shine so it is showing a little wear. I'm looking for somebody to do something with the spiderwebs, swirls and basic (non painting) work, possibly even re-polishing up my CCWs if they could do it. Does anybody have any recommendations of a good shop to take it to?? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Nobody!?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Scooter911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Call Chris at Extreme Window Tinting and Detailing. He's a buddy of mine and right here in Chesapeake. He is the ONLY person I would allow to touch my car, other than myself. Tell him Shawn with the Z06 told you to call.

Ph# 757-407-4961

Last edited by Scooter911; 02-05-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Rick Williams
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by redls1gto
You might consider checking with some of the local Car dealerships...

Maybe they have a detail person that does a little work on the side.....
We all understand your concern as to who you can trust with your Corvette..

Good luck..
Old 02-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Dan1
Instructor

Guess NOVA is a little far for you. About 3 hours.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:08 AM
obxfunn
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10
FedEx Bowl 4 St. Jude '09

Originally Posted by Dan1
Guess NOVA is a little far for you. About 3 hours.
Dan,
Do you know some place in NOVA? I am up there about once a month and would drive up there if I knew the shop was great.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Dan1
Instructor

Originally Posted by obxfunn
Dan,
Do you know some place in NOVA? I am up there about once a month and would drive up there if I knew the shop was great.
PM sent.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:14 PM
tomurphjr
Drifting

Here's a thread I posted in last year. Anyone know about these recommendations?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1611219
Old 02-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Dan1
Instructor

Never heard of any of those places. But wet sanding a new car makes me nervous. Unless its a show car with several layers of clear, I wouldn't wet sand it to remove orange peel. Why? The clear coat is supposed to protect the paint. Removing even very little can/ will remove the UV protection in the clear. Also, lets say you go ahead and wet sand it. Well you've removed clear now and what happens if you get a deep scratch? Are you going to wet sand again and risk going through the clear? You also run into issues polishing the car after you've wet sanded it, because polishing removes very little amounts of clear too. But if you've got very little to start off with... well you get the point.

There are a lot of different opinions and situations where it should/ could and shouldn't be done. But I think more often then not its best to just live with it.

Last edited by Dan1; 02-07-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Detailing in Hampton Roads

Quick Reply: Detailing in Hampton Roads