Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Gas Protest Tampa, Sarasota, Bradenton

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 02:57 PM
trickflow
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Protest Tampa, Sarasota, Bradenton

To protest the gas prices a few of us decided go on a cruise 6/14/08. This is how it evoved and some details
During the Friday gathering at the Hob ***, it started raining and it rained hard. Boy we sure need it. Soon the discussion came up for another road trip, a couple of calls were made and a trip to AntiVenom in Seffner was scheduled While the fine details are still being put together, we will depart the Hob *** in Sarasota Saturday, 6/14 and head south to North Port swing east and then north to Seffner. We will spend some time with Greg, Rashelle & the Bunch.
We will leave AntiVenom and head to Joey D's in Bradenton for the Cruise In / Show there that evening
All are invited to stop by the shop and say hi during our visit.
More info as it evolves
Update
I spoke to Greg about our Cruise with a stop to stretch our legs at AntiVenom.
He offered to do a BBQ for the Hob *** Crew and all who show up.
The Hob *** Crew will be arriving at Anti Venom around 11:30am – 12:00pm
Dyno Runs will also be available for $40

Please email me (timothy@flamingotv.com) and let me know: If you are going to attend or if you want a dyno run.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:46 PM
ljthe2nd
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me get this right. To protest the high cost of gas, you are going go out and buy more gas!
Old 06-07-2008, 04:48 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ljthe2nd
Let me get this right. To protest the high cost of gas, you are going go out and buy more gas!
Perhaps the "gas protest" part was a joke.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:53 PM
ljthe2nd
Melting Slicks

Hey I'm all for any excuse to cruise but this sounds like the beginning of a dumb blond joke. Now before I get flamed (I not knocking blonds or their intelligents, but I do like dumb blond jokes)
Old 06-07-2008, 05:08 PM
C5nKY
Pro

Originally Posted by ljthe2nd
........ (I not knocking blonds or their intelligents, but I do like dumb blond jokes)

I like dumb blondes!!
Old 06-07-2008, 06:23 PM
trickflow
Pro

I bought my Vette to enjoy by driving not keeping it in a garage and looking at it. When I use gas I'll by more and I'm not like some and try a lower grade to save a few cents.
If you are interested in the event whether it be driving or meeting for the food that's all that this was about. If you have a smart a** remark "please just move on" and let the rest enjoy their cars. Thank You.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:29 PM
ljthe2nd
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by trickflow
I bought my Vette to enjoy by driving not keeping it in a garage and looking at it. When I use gas I'll by more and I'm not like some and try a lower grade to save a few cents.
If you are interested in the event whether it be driving or meeting for the food that's all that this was about. If you have a smart a** remark "please just move on" and let the rest enjoy their cars. Thank You.
I think you got the wrong impression here, I was making a joke. (hence the implication of a dumb blond joke) I said I'm all for any excuse to cruise, but to protest high gas prices by going on a cruise is kinda like protesting world hunger by going on a hunger strike!

Get notified of new replies

To Gas Protest Tampa, Sarasota, Bradenton

Quick Reply: Gas Protest Tampa, Sarasota, Bradenton