Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Charlotte N.C-Inagural Corvette Show March 30-31

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 03:07 AM
richard emmanuel
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Charlotte N.C-Inagural Corvette Show March 30-31 pricing help

Just wanted all interesting parties to know the Inagural Corvette/Chevy Show will be held March 30-31 at Knights Stadium. This is about 5 mins outside Charlotte off I-77. There will be vendors, swap meet, car corrale, loud exhaust contest, burnout contest and a road course, There will be club booths, club area, show and display awards and even a corvette alley. There will also be a KMS Cutie challenge, and some particpation with Hooters and the Tilted Kilt gals.
Have received a few questions about the pricing for the show so I am responding to help clear up some of these questions.
First of all if you are sure you are coming please pre register and save some money. If you want to show your car and have it judged for an award please pick the appropiate class, and pre register at 40.00 You can then park on show/display row with your class-generation or park with your group or club on club row. All cars parked on club/group row or display/show row are cars that have paid the 40.00 pre registration price however it is up to you if you want your car judged. If you decide you do not want to be judged but drive your corvette to the show you have 2 options. Park on corvette alley for 10.00 Pre-reg, with other vets and this also includes your general admission pass or 2nd option- park with the general public and pay only 5.00 general admission. If you decide to do the road course for example but do not want your car judged you can pay pre register and park on corvette alley for 10.00 plus 15.00 for pre reg. road course and your total is 25.00 Another example I dont want my car to be judged but I want to park on club row with my club/group that would be 40.00 pre -register. Another example You want to come to show have car judged but you are not a member of a club or group. You will park on show/display row with your class-generation and pre registration is 40.00. Once you figure your indoor price wether it be on showdisplay row, corvette alley or genral public any activities you register for are additional from the dyno , loud exhaust to the road course. Now this is real important--keep your recepit, because this is a 2 day show meaning you can come Friday and Saturday but you only pay once. I hope this clears up a lot of the questions but if not please pm me or respond here. This was set up to keep all the vets together especially ones in the same class and keep your car safe from trucks and suv's and also make it easier to judge cars and allow partipants to hang out with clubs/groups and tail gate and have a few cold ones and enjoy the show. The pre register link is below.
Richard
http://www.kossmotorsports.com/Harra...vetteShow.html

Last edited by richard emmanuel; 02-19-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:20 AM
paganharley
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Are you going to have Chuck from COW or ECS guys there to do tunes and such?
Old 12-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

What we need is a link to a flyer.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:51 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by paganharley
Are you going to have Chuck from COW there to do tunes and such?

Keep me posted! I'd love to go!

Chuck CoW
Old 12-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

http://www.kossmotorsports.com/Harra...vetteShow.html

This should be a busy weekend.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:02 PM
shamby
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I plan on going. Is there is list of hotels that are close to the field?
I used to go to the Corvette Expo in Knoxville every year, but last year will be my last.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:22 PM
1truL48
Smokin' BBQ Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
NC Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by shamby
I plan on going. Is there is list of hotels that are close to the field?
I used to go to the Corvette Expo in Knoxville every year, but last year will be my last.
A boatload of hotels on Bruton Smith Blvd - between the track and I-85. Resort, luxury, economy and extended stay. Sadly no parking garages.

Blairsville? Love that area! Stayed in a cabin above Morganton last November. See you there.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:51 PM
procketus
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C4 of Year Finalist

It's at Knights Stadium, NOT the speedway.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:18 PM
bop
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Read their flyer this is not a all Corvette show and a sixty dollar entry fee.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:07 AM
shamby
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If anyone is interested, here is a list of hotels I got from Richard Emmanuel.
• Comfort Inn at Carowinds - 3725 Avenue of the Carolinas, Fort Mill, SC 29715
• Quality Inn at Carowinds - 3560 Lakemont Blvd. Fort Mill, SC 29708
• Best Western At Carowinds - 3675 Foothills Way, Fort Mill, SC 29708
• Motel 6 Charlotte Carowinds - 255 Carowinds Blvd. Fort Mill, SC 29715
• Plaza Hotel On Carowinds - 255 Carowinds Blvd, Fort Mill, SC 29715
• Sleep Inn At Carowinds - 3540 Lakemont Blvd. Fort Mill, SC 29708

I plann of checking it out.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:34 PM
LOWLONGFASTZX10
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put me down for a tune if Chuck COW is going to be there.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:40 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

WTF? $60 entry fee and it's not even an all vette show.....yea I'll probably go to look.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:44 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

wow
Old 01-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Roush
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 79 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by LFZ
WTF? $60 entry fee and it's not even an all vette show.....yea I'll probably go to look.

I think I am going to re-think entering at that price. Will still go and look around though.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:47 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Roush
I think I am going to re-think entering at that price. Will still go and look around though.
Isn't this the same car show we went to a few years ago at the baseball stadium parking lot? It was around the end of March.....if so, it's definitely not worth $60 to enter.

Most KMS shows have overpriced entry fees anyways.....Better off driving the vettes there to go look around. Might have to hit up the Kilt afterwards..
Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Tommy Almond
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car show that has been held in the past at this site was the Carolina Motor Madness put on by Tega Cay Lion Club.....this is a difference event.
Also from reading the flyer there is a pre-registration fee of $40 to be in the judging and yes $60 if wait and entry either of the days of. And there are other optional events to entry if one desires to. One can just show or be judged, car owner's choice likewise on the burnouts, loudest exhaust, auto cross etc.
I attended a planning meeting on this and yes this year is planned to be a Corvette and Chevy show but they want to ensure best they can that this event gets off to a good start and then year 2 just be Corvettes. But even year 1 Corvettes are going to get prime attention and perferred parking areas to show.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:39 PM
freew8
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tommy Almond
The car show that has been held in the past at this site was the Carolina Motor Madness put on by Tega Cay Lion Club.....this is a difference event.
Also from reading the flyer there is a pre-registration fee of $40 to be in the judging and yes $60 if wait and entry either of the days of. And there are other optional events to entry if one desires to. One can just show or be judged, car owner's choice likewise on the burnouts, loudest exhaust, auto cross etc.
I attended a planning meeting on this and yes this year is planned to be a Corvette and Chevy show but they want to ensure best they can that this event gets off to a good start and then year 2 just be Corvettes. But even year 1 Corvettes are going to get prime attention and perferred parking areas to show.
Since you went to a planning meeting....how different will this show be to past and current KMS shows. I have seen people complain that their judging involves entertainment categories, loudest exhaust, wildest mods etc...which is all fine and dandy except they group that into the original and stock categories. I for one would not want to be compared to a car that installs a 24 inch monitor in the trunk so you can sit back and play xbox games. I would hope that the car that has been painstakenly restored to original and factory specs or the car that is rare is not penalized because it lacks in entertainment. I have seen it happen.

Get notified of new replies

To Charlotte N.C-Inagural Corvette Show March 30-31

Old 01-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Tommy Almond
Instructor

Freew8...what was talked about at the meeting on the judging was to have a 1st and 2nd place of each generation of corvettes so C1s would be judged against C1s and C2s against C2s etc. Also there would be a stock and mod class for each generations so those that have changed alot in upgrades or whatever would not be judged against those rather stock or as close to stock as can still be.
The other judging options such as loud exhaust, fancy interior upgrades etc would be extra if a car owner elected to entry those but not be judged as the total package....hopefully I explained that okay.
Richard who started this thread has been really involved in this so he may be able to answer in more details....just shoot him a message.
Again if one wants to be judged there are many options to enter and different fees to pay...likewise if one just wants to come and show then there is a small fee for that.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:08 PM
barkingowl
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Even $40 is a ridiculous fee.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:27 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

What is the fee to show and not be judged....?

Quick Reply: Charlotte N.C-Inagural Corvette Show March 30-31