Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

The Official Vettes for Vets Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Default The Official Vettes for Vets Thread!

I'm in the process of getting signed up for the Talladega Vettes for Vets Memorial Day weekend run on the track. Any word on host hotel and gory details?

The offical Post:

May 25th and 26th 2012
Talladega Superspeedway
Talladega, AL
Registration is in full swing!
For the past two months we have been struggling with PayPal and Adobe Acrobat for our on-line registration. A lot of people have conquered the beast and registered already. Some were able to print out the registration form and mail them along with their checks to me.
Well, we have made some changes and it is much easier to register. We have eliminated the .pdf registration form since a lot of people use their smart phones to register and most are not Adobe friendly. The registration is not an .html page that is easily filled in and an the informaiton is emailed to me. It then takes you to Google, where you can make your payment wit ha credit card or set-up a Google account and use your checking account.
In addition to the on-line registration you can download and print the .pdf registration form and mail it to me along with your check.
So far, I have 116 registration received and more coming each day.
There are 270 spots available this year.
The Host Hotel is ready for booking!
It is the Holiday Inn Express at Pell City. We have the host hotel information listed on the web site. It is the same hotel we had last year, and they have agreed to hold the pricing at last year’s level. Just tell them you are with Vettes4Vets and you will get the special rate. There are a limited number of rooms available, but the Hampton Inn next door will take spillover and honor the special rate.
We have a new co-sponsor!
The Outlet Shops of Grand River (http://www.shopsofgrandriver.com) is setting up special parking on Friday for Vettes4Vets participants. They are providing some prizes for a raffle drawing as well. The details are not complete, but this will be a great beginning to the weekend. The plan is to have an informal car corral meet at the shopping mall for a few hours, hold the drawing for the prize(s), then a leader will caravan the group to the NASCAR museum and the Speed Channel Dome.
Party All Night!
-Not Really! The Friday party at the SPEED Channel Dome will be similar to last year. We have a new caterer, but the menu will still be BBQ (what else is there, in Alabama?). The event tee shirts will be available for pick-up, the museum will be open exclusively to V4V participants, and after dinner, a live band will play a couple sets. We do have to wrap things up at 9:00 PM, but I have heard that the fun continues at the hotel parking lot!
Track Day!
The track day festivities will be the same as last year. I have added 30 more registrations, so we will run a little later in the day, but there should still be plenty of time for those that want a few extra laps and want to give the veterans a ride. Photos will be available like before. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs will be available again along with reasonable priced drinks. There is a rumor going around that the ice cream chest will be unlocked this year – we shall see. We will again be doing the 50/50 drawing and hopefully we will have some great prizes to raffle off along with some extra event tee shirts and dash plaques to sell.
Charities
As you know, the reason for this event is to raise money and awareness for the veterans and veteran organizations. This year, we will again send proceeds to the Wounded Warriors via the Lakeshore Foundation. We will also send proceeds to the 3 Hots-And-A-Cot organization. In addition to this we will be setting up a scholarship program for Veterans at The University of Alabama in Birmingham. I am excited about this last one. Once the scholarship program is started, it will be self-sustaining.
Veterans
There will be a lot of veterans in attendance at this year’s event. We have a special gift for attending veterans, so if you are participating and are a veteran, please let me know so we can honor you on this special occasion.
Website
Please check back often on the Vettes4Vets website for further updates and additional information.
Thanks for your time, and have a blessed day.

Jeff Williams
Executive Director

Vettes-4-Vets
701 Percy Drive
Deatsville, AL 36022
(205 )492-2515

www.Vettes4Vets.org

The information contained in this message is privileged and intended only for the recipients named. If the reader is not a representative of the intended recipient, any review, dissemination or copying of this message or the information it contains is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender, and delete the original message and attachments.

Last edited by RLSebring; 02-18-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:40 AM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10

I've received an invite and updates via facebook. Don't think I'll be able to make it though. Track days aren't in the budget, unfortunately.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:29 PM
VetteCop29
Racer

I wanna go!
Old 02-04-2012, 04:43 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Come on, the more the merrier...

Take a look at the Vettes for Vets official site for details.

vettes4vets

Until Jeff post an official link and information.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 PM
SoSlow1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 334 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

A couple of us are already registered from Southwest Louisiana and this will be our 3rd time going. A must do event. We've been staying at the Hampton in Pell City every year and this year is no different.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,436 Likes on 780 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I'm registered and I have reservations at the Hampton Pell City again this year. The Vette has to get new brakes and and a new SC belt before I go this year. This will be my third trip as well.

Last edited by Tally Ho; 02-29-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:01 PM
coolhandsy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like fun, I will try to attend if my schedule permits.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Kyle's LS7
Advanced

I'm signed up and staying at the Hampton in Pell City also. Did anyone pay with PayPal before they changed to Google? I did and was hoping that I wouldnt have to redo the registration because of issues they were having. I sent an Email 2 weeks ago and still have not gotten a responce yet.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:59 PM
SoSlow1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 334 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Kyle's LS7
I'm signed up and staying at the Hampton in Pell City also. Did anyone pay with PayPal before they changed to Google? I did and was hoping that I wouldnt have to redo the registration because of issues they were having. I sent an Email 2 weeks ago and still have not gotten a responce yet.
I did and and I wouldn't worry about it. Jeff probably is up to his eyeballs with all the problems they had with the site before they fixed it. We another car register from here today and he didn't have any problems. I'm sure we'll be hearing from him soon.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:29 PM
cgiff
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Registered also. Staying at the Hampton too. Will try to organize a carvan from La. moving west. Hope to met up with the panhandle peeps aswe head north.
Craig
Old 02-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Tide Will Roll!
Drifting

Is this as much fun as it sounds?

How fast you get to go?

I live about 20 minutes from the track so I may have to check this outyou guys twist my arm

Bert

Roll Tide!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:05 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Depending on the time that Friday I'll probably be in for the caravan if you crazy cajuns will let me in... I can meet up at exit 69 on I-65 (Pensacola/Flomaton Exit)

Offical Speed is 90 (pace car/truck) can't pass but many make room and I've heard upper 160's were hit on the back stretch. My best so far is upper 140's.

It's a lot of fun. If you get a chance go to my facebook page (hit button on left). I have a 15 minute video posted of my first trip 2 years ago. I have a Go Pro this year so maybe better video and speed.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:03 PM
cgiff
Instructor

Originally Posted by RLSebring
Depending on the time that Friday I'll probably be in for the caravan if you crazy cajuns will let me in... I can meet up at exit 69 on I-65 (Pensacola/Flomaton Exit)

Offical Speed is 90 (pace car/truck) can't pass but many make room and I've heard upper 160's were hit on the back stretch. My best so far is upper 140's.

It's a lot of fun. If you get a chance go to my facebook page (hit button on left). I have a 15 minute video posted of my first trip 2 years ago. I have a Go Pro this year so maybe better video and speed.
Looks like we will be leaveing at 8AM ,did not look at the route before posting. Will be going up 59 to Birmingham. Would like to be at the track for 4pm so we can see everything before the party. 65 would add 1 hour to the drive. Your welcome to ride along if you don't mind going out of the way.
Talked to Jeff yesterday and there is 145 spots left.
Can't wait! Craig
Old 02-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Kyle's LS7
Advanced

Originally Posted by cgiff
Looks like we will be leaveing at 8AM ,did not look at the route before posting. Will be going up 59 to Birmingham. Would like to be at the track for 4pm so we can see everything before the party. 65 would add 1 hour to the drive. Your welcome to ride along if you don't mind going out of the way.
Talked to Jeff yesterday and there is 145 spots left.
Can't wait! Craig
Craig, are y'all going to meet up at somewhere at 8AM? I would like to follow the group up and would need to figure out what time I would need to leave Thibodaux to be there on time.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:11 PM
cgiff
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kyle's LS7
Craig, are y'all going to meet up at somewhere at 8AM? I would like to follow the group up and would need to figure out what time I would need to leave Thibodaux to be there on time.
Kyle,will probably meet at Loew's Read Blvd. in new orleans east for 8am. Then the Mississippi welcome station on 59 for the northshore and Mississippi people. And leave there at 9am. Will confirm the plans as we get closer.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:45 AM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Official word from the horses mouth (Jeff) posted in first post.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:45 AM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

We'll ride up with a couple of people from here but do want to meet you guys.

Get notified of new replies

To The Official Vettes for Vets Thread!

Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Ill be going as well. This is my 3rd time too. It is an absolute blast. I highly recommend it to any person. Seriously...takes your breath away the first time out.

I see everybody is posting up saying they are staying at the Hampton Inn. I forgot where I stayed last year...but this year they have on the link that the "host hotel" is the Holiday Inn Express in Pell City for $79.00. That was the one I chose...anybody else staying here?

The Host Hotel is ready for booking!
It is the Holiday Inn Express at Pell City. We have the host hotel information listed on the web site. It is the same hotel we had last year, and they have agreed to hold the pricing at last year’s level. Just tell them you are with Vettes4Vets and you will get the special rate. There are a limited number of rooms available, but the Hampton Inn next door will take spillover and honor the special rate.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:15 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by XtremeVette
Ill be going as well. This is my 3rd time too. It is an absolute blast. I highly recommend it to any person. Seriously...takes your breath away the first time out.

I see everybody is posting up saying they are staying at the Hampton Inn. I forgot where I stayed last year...but this year they have on the link that the "host hotel" is the Holiday Inn Express in Pell City for $79.00. That was the one I chose...anybody else staying here?

We stayed at the Hampton the first year we went and stayed at the Holiday inn last year. They are right next to each other so it really didn't matter. Holiday Inn seemed to have a little better breakfast and fresh cookies in the afternoon so come to think of it I think that's where we'll stay again this year. I was waiting to hear from some locals here where they are staying but no word yet for most of them.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:22 PM
95RCode
Advanced

I'm signed up also. Went last year and had a blast. I have reservations at the Holiday Inn Express in Pell City. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Can not wait to get back out on the track again. I'll be at the Aaron's 499 on May 5 also. Lot funner actually driving on the track!!!

James