Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Who is going to the Corvette Concours in J-ville, NC next weekend? (June 8 & 9)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2002, 10:58 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Who is going to the Corvette Concours in J-ville, NC next weekend? (June 8 & 9)

There will be a few of us from South East VA rolling down to the show. Since Jacksonville use to be my old stomping ground, I look forward to going back.

I know the fun show on Saturday is a nice relaxing show and then the concours on Sunday is a lot of fun.

The Caro-vettes do a great job and the show is at Marine Chevrolet.

Hope to see some of you guys down there.
Ed :cheers:
Old 06-03-2002, 04:45 PM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Who is going to the Corvette Concours in J-ville, NC next weekend? (fastzr1)

The Mrs and I will see ya there. :cheers:
Old 06-03-2002, 05:27 PM
04Z16
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Default Re: Who is going to the Corvette Concours in J-ville, NC next weekend? (fastzr1)

Ed,
Are you rolling down for the whole weekend?? I might make the trip for the fun show on Saturday. The GS ain't pretty enough for the NCC judged event but the fun one might be a go. I have to check with the better half though. What time are you rolling that way?
Leo
Old 06-03-2002, 05:50 PM
vanroth
Intermediate

Man, why do I always miss the Corvette functions!?! I already planned to go to Carowinds w/ the GF and my sister... Anyhow, everyone have fun in good 'ol J-ville (my old stomping ground as well)...

vanroth

PS. FYI, Marine Chevrolet moved a few years ago (just in case it has been a while! )
Old 06-03-2002, 08:43 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Who is going to the Corvette Concours in J-ville, NC next weekend? (GS487)

Leo, right now my plan is to leave Friday evening. Just my luck, but I have to do a military funneral detail in Myrtle Beach Sunday. A practice run will be Saturday afternoon though.
So my plan is to roll down Friday night with wife and kid. Drop the car off at the show Saturday morning, then do my thing in Myrtle Beach. Then on Sunday head back to J-ville to pick up the car and wife with kid.

We have rooms at the Super 8 motel. I will trailer the car down because I will be brining the whole family. And Jeff will probably cruise down with me Friday night. If you want to come too, let me know.
We'll come up with times later this week.
Ed

And for Sundays show, they do have classes for cars that are driven during the week, so you don't have to compete against those garage queens. You don't even have to open the hood in one class. I will put my car in the show and shine class, because of all the racing my cars does, I couldn't compete with those show cars.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:06 PM
ghall
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

How many cars usually come to this?
Is there a list of events anywhere?
Where did Marine Chevrolet move to?(i am extremely familiar with J'ville---i lived there years ago).

Geoff Hall
Old 06-04-2002, 01:40 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Who is going to the Corvette Concours in J-ville, NC next weekend? (ghall)

Marine Chevrolet is on Western Branch Ext.
From Willmington, take 17 North and Turn left on Western Branch Ext. (That Super Walmart is on the corner)
Marine Chevy is on the right a mile or so up.

Usually a big turnout of cars. A great judged car show if you are into that. But the fun show on Saturday is cool too.
Old 06-04-2002, 07:23 PM
ghall
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the reply.
You wouldn't happened to have any times for the event and a quick overvue of what happens each day would ya?

I don't have enogh time or energy right now to get mine show ready----but i would still love to attend.

Geoff Hall
p.s.----what will you be drivin??
p.s.s.---does anyone got the j'ville drag strip when they are done :yesnod: :lol: :smash:

[Modified by ghall, 11:24 PM 6/4/2002]
Old 06-04-2002, 10:50 PM
mlittle3
6th Gear

Default Re: Who is going to the Corvette Concours in J-ville, NC next weekend? (ghall)

Hi Geoff I am from Jacksonville I have a restored 73 convert and a 01 mag red conv. I would like to go but I have no one to take call for me. Get pix if you go Thanks Marty
Old 06-05-2002, 06:50 AM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

The fun show on Saturday goes from 9-2. Registration for Sundays Concours starts at 3 pm Sat.

Sunday morning registration opens at 8 am. Judging starts at noon. Awards at 4pm.

And, I just found out last night. I won't be able to make it now. I am in the Military and duty calls. Figures, it has to be a weekend that I have something planned. Isn't this place great? :rolleyes:
Old 06-10-2002, 02:21 PM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

We had a great time, and the weather was perfect for a car show. I wish we could have stayed for Sunday also.

Thanks to all the guys and gals with Caro-vettes and Marine Chevrolet, we really enjoyed chatting with you, great group you have there. Looking forward to seeing you at events in the future.

Until then :seeya

Old 06-10-2002, 02:42 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Who is going to the Corvette Concours in J-ville, NC next weekend? (Junkyard Dog)

I even saw the Junkyard Dog bring homw a trophy on Saturday! Not bad for a Z06 that is a daily driver then sees duty on the weekends as a race car! Way to go! :p:
Old 06-10-2002, 02:54 PM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Thanks Ed,

The wife spent most of the show piling on the Zaino. I think it blinded all of the voters so they couldn't see all those rock chips and cone marks. We were thrilled to get a top five.

I was glad to see you were able to stop in and say hi on your way to SC, sorry we missed you when you left, but I was hungry.

Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To Who is going to the Corvette Concours in J-ville, NC next weekend? (June 8 & 9)

Quick Reply: Who is going to the Corvette Concours in J-ville, NC next weekend? (June 8 & 9)