Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Beware of Pro Auto Tech!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 03:01 PM
383 Stroker
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Beware of Pro Auto Tech!!!

Just wanted to inform all of the potential customers out there about a certain place of business that I have been dealing with for the last year and 10 months. I sent my hi-output alternator (which was purchased from the same establishment) to Pro Auto Tech in Fort Myers, Florida to be rebuilt because it was fried.

To make a long story short, my alternator has been sitting there for almost 2 years now and I have left over 60 voice messages and 1 email in the last 8 months with no reply to any of them. I was told in the past that the alternator was rebuilt and shipped out only to find out that it was still sitting there unrepaired (about 10 months ago)!!!

I also want to let everyone know that I was very patient and understanding in the beginning and accepted most of the excuses that I received during the first year that they had my alternator. After that, I felt as if I was being walked all over and ignored!!!

I just wanted to inform the consumers out there about the unprofessional service that I experienced with their establishment. I was also wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.

Last question I had was how do I report this kind of service to the Better Business Bureau?

:mad :confused: :bs :cuss :sad:

[Modified by 383 Stroker, 2:04 PM 6/20/2002]
Old 06-21-2002, 10:20 AM
KDuniverse
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Beware of Pro Auto Tech!!! (383 Stroker)

I've never even heard of them :confused:
Old 06-21-2002, 11:37 AM
383 Stroker
Safety Car

Default Re: Beware of Pro Auto Tech!!! (KDuniverse)

I never did either until I read an article about alternator woes in one of the magazines (either Corvette Fever or Vette). They ran an article about how small the stock alternator is and how it's unable to efficiently keep itself cool (especially with headers) and suggested a larger unit with increased cooling efficiency which was available at Pro Auto Tech.

I should have known that I was dealing with a shady establishment when they completely butchered my first name and street address on the invoice despite the fact that I spelled it out letter-by-letter. :nonod: :rolleyes:
Old 06-21-2002, 02:02 PM
The Director
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Whew! That was a timely post. I was concidering having them do their Mongoose 460 package to my Vette since they are located close to my in-laws house. Don't think that will happen now. :nonod:
Old 06-21-2002, 03:06 PM
Red Gump
Race Director

haven't heard of them but thanks for the heads-up! sorry to hear you're being jerked around.
Old 06-21-2002, 03:29 PM
7vettes
Race Director

Location: If I say it's safe to surf this beach ......then it's safe to surf this beach
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Beware of Pro Auto Tech!!! (Red Gump)

Thanks for the heads-up. :yesnod:
Old 06-21-2002, 11:05 PM
2-Vettes
Drifting

I have had work done at Pro Auto Tech several times over the last few years and have had no complaints. They did my roller rockers and various repairs and diagnostics. In fact, my Vette was just in there 2 weeks ago for some service and the work was done fine.
I for one have been a satisfied customer and would call them for any work I need done in the future. :yesnod:
Old 06-22-2002, 12:19 AM
SJP
Advanced

There is a good alternative nearby in Fort Myers for vette work-- My C5 hydrolocked last fall in Miami & I wound up taking it out to Corvette Connection in Ft Myers, to put in a 383 stroker, together with multiple mods. Like they say, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade-- these guys make a mean lemonade!

The owner is Keith Valone, (941) 274-6840.

Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Beware of Pro Auto Tech!!!

Quick Reply: Beware of Pro Auto Tech!!!