Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Charlotte Area "Cars and Coffee" New Location Needed! Nov Event Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 09:07 AM
MC36
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charlotte Area "Cars and Coffee" New Location Needed! Nov Event Cancelled

Charlotte Cars and Coffee-Cancelled for Nov

I wanted to thank everyone for the emails and phone calls with suggestions for locations and encouragement for the process of finding a new location. I has been a process! With help from many there have been lots of locations spotted but little progress on securing a location. I have gotten suggestions from everything like movie theaters, churches, and office locations. Some have been contacts that have been forwarded to me while others have been simply cold calls. The facilities (restrooms) and liability is what stalls most talks. A lot of properties have speratic schedules and Saturday morning at times would conflict.

Please keep the suggestions coming we will probably resume at the begging of the year all depending on if we can secure a location that is good. I have honed in on looking down in South Charlotte near the Arrowood and Westinghouse areas because of the industrial space and access to I-77. We will probably have to add portable restrooms and bring in a food truck for coffee and breakfast but we will work those details out as soon as we secure a lot.

Here are the criteria that we need again:

• At least 700 parking spaces
• Multiple outlets for traffic flow
• Accessible for most of greater Charlotte area
• Close proximity to major roadways
• Access to bathrooms or space to add portable facilities
• Would like to support a local restaurant that serves breakfast and coffee
• Food truck rotation would be an option as well
• Security will continue to be provided by the corporate sponsors and myself through the Mecklenburg
• Facility that has a event policy or would be willing to share responsibility for one.

Stay tuned we are trying very hard to save what we have built as a staple in the Charlotte car community over the past 7 years. It is not a matter of if but when we will find a new home. We will suspend the event until we can secure a new home. Pass the word because several do not refer to the internet for the latest.

I can be contacted: mchristian@carolina.rr.com or 704.621.6857

thank you,

Michael
Old 11-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Fast Cop
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

I love going to C&C. We had one here in Columbia SC but I think location also became the problem. Here is my take on why locations balk at having a C&C event. Again JMO. Most of the people who go to C&C are great car people but when the location sponsor has to do a mega cleanup after everyone leaves they shy away from having another. Also when some of the participants leave the venue they act the fool (just you tube cars and coffee and you will see what I mean) and some even get into accidents, hence liability. Again I love C&C but sometimes we are our own worst problem. Good luck with finding a new location because I have attended yours in the past and had a great time.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:45 PM
ElCid79
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

What about concord mills. There are a ton of restaurants around there. A huge mall, with a zillion parking spots. And Saturday mornings are not usually huge business wise (I don't think). It could be a good crowd draw for them also.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:29 PM
1truL48
Smokin' BBQ Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
NC Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by ElCid79
What about concord mills. There are a ton of restaurants around there. A huge mall, with a zillion parking spots. And Saturday mornings are not usually huge business wise (I don't think). It could be a good crowd draw for them also.
Sadly, Concord Mills is the #1 tourism destination in NC. A lot full of performance eye candy, mommy mini vans and wayward shopping carts is the last thing that place needs to contend with.

An open parking lot in front of Smith Tower at CMS would be a better bet, easy in, easy out and one open concession stand could pretty much handle it.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:22 PM
ElCid79
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

I still think it's a logical choice.

Plenty of food and parking. Easy access to the interstate.

It may be #1 tourist place but unless you are on the bass pro side there are no shopping carts. I don't personally mind non car people looking at my car.

The mall doesn't even open until 10 am.

Last edited by ElCid79; 11-24-2015 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:28 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Default Cars and coffee

Originally Posted by ElCid79
I still think it's a logical choice.

Plenty of food and parking. Easy access to the interstate.

It may be #1 tourist place but unless you are on the bass pro side there are no shopping carts. I don't personally mind non car people looking at my car.

The mall doesn't even open until 10 am.
I agree Cid. Why don't we just try it next Saturday and see how it goes. I drive 1 1/2 thours to come to it most every month. We really enjoy it.

Get notified of new replies

To Charlotte Area "Cars and Coffee" New Location Needed! Nov Event Cancelled

Quick Reply: Charlotte Area "Cars and Coffee" New Location Needed! Nov Event Cancelled