Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Need a recommendation for a detail shop in Jacksonville, FL area.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 08:22 AM
JaxC7
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Need a recommendation for a detail shop in Jacksonville, FL area.

A few weeks back, the landscape company at my work decided to run the sprinklers during the day. The sprinklers use well water and Jacksonville, has some of the hardest, most mineral filled water around. Needless to say, by the time I and several others came out of work that afternoon, the hard water had baked into water spots and mineral deposits on our cars. There was so much cr*p in the water that the dried spots were like little mounds of calcium, etc.

I immediately took the car home and washed it and then spent about three hours the next morning before the sun peaked overhead detailing the car and clay barring it to no avail. The spots wouldn't come off. I took it to my dealer as well, and they had their detail guy work on it for half a day. They took pity on me and didn't charge me for the detailing. The car looks great, but even after all that work, I still have areas on the car where the spots are still visible.

The landscape company has taken responsibility for this and is willing to pay for professional paint correction and detailing. Beyond that they are willing to get their insurance company involved if a repaint is necessary.

So, I need recommendations for a top of the line paint and detail shop here in town that I can take the car to. I'm going to give it one last go to see if they can get the spots out, but after that I'm not sure I'm ready to go the repaint route.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate any help I can get from the collective here.

Last edited by JaxC7; 08-18-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:06 PM
JaxC7
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Well, 124 views and not a single recommendation? Are there no Corvette owners in or around Jacksonville that have used any local detailing shops? I don't want to just take the car someplace by pulling a name from a hat. I've checked Yelp, Angieslist, etc. but reviews are few and not very helpful.

Quick Reply: Need a recommendation for a detail shop in Jacksonville, FL area.