Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Tire Installer - Fort Walton Beach, FL

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 02:04 PM
wspo
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Tire Installer - Fort Walton Beach, FL

Anyone recommend a tire installer near Fort Walton Beach?
Old 08-19-2017, 12:54 PM
The Rabbi
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 236 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '14,'18

Check with dealer for a Vette tech so sensors are right and the weights are on the inside.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:25 PM
wspo
Instructor

There is no problem with the TPMS sensors if you put the wheels back in the same position they came from. I would not use an installer that is not smart enough to use stick on weights on the inside of the wheels. Around here dealer corvette techs don't mount and balance tires. If your local dealer has his corvette techs doing tires and oil changes your very lucky. My local dealer only has one corvette tech and he is kept busy. I had good luck with the Goodyear dealer in Niceville mounting and balancing tires on my C5. The C7 has even lower profile tires which present a challenge for some tire mounting machines. I was looking for specific recommendations for local tire installers.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Demps
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Lee GMC in Crestview. Jeremy in service mgmt will help.
Ted
Old 08-19-2017, 03:27 PM
wspo
Instructor

Thanks Ted. Goodyear in Niceville said they couldn't do the 285/30R20 rear tires on my C7 Z51 and recommended the Goodyear in Miramar Beach. Called them and they also couldn't do 30 profile tires. So far Keller's and Pep Boys(racetrack road) are the only ones I found who can handle the 30 profile tires. Keller's had a good reputation. Not sure I trust Pep Boys. The local Chevy dealer, Preston Hood, has a good corvette tech but he doesn't do tires.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,436 Likes on 780 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Go to Keller on Hollywood. They will be very careful with your wheels. I've been using them since my C5 days. Pep Boys (Niceville)trashed one of my Pirellis on a dismount.

Last edited by Tally Ho; 08-21-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:03 PM
wspo
Instructor

Follow up: Checked with a few more tire stores locally and none could do 30 series tires. Those that recommend a place that could do 30 series were unanimous in Restylers. I had previously talked to Keller's and they said 30 series was tough but they could do it. Pep Boy's absolutely refused to do the lug nuts by hand. Impact wrench and torque stick was company policy. They also insisted you have to open the doors to lift a corvette (went out with the C4). Talked to Restylers. They knew how to lift corvettes and they only do lug nuts by hand and torque wrench. They do a large business in custom wheels and have a tire changer that does 30 profile and won't scratch the rims. Took the car in this morning and they did a perfect job. Bottom line- If you have a C7 with 30 profile tires Restylers can't be beat. If you are talking 40 profile or higher tires Goodyear in Niceville did a great job on my C5.

Last edited by wspo; 08-31-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Installer - Fort Walton Beach, FL

Quick Reply: Tire Installer - Fort Walton Beach, FL