Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Alignment, including rear camber, near Raleigh NC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 11:26 AM
Blue666's
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 123 Posts

Default Alignment, including rear camber, near Raleigh NC?

Anyone know of a shop that does alignments on C7's, including the ability to do rear camber? I've called several dealers locally and most didn't even know rear camber could be adjusted, and didn't have the necessary tools to measure and adjust rear camber. Anyone know of a shop in the RDU area that can do this? Thanks in advance if you know of anyone!
Old 01-23-2018, 09:52 AM
ArrestMeRed
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue666's
Anyone know of a shop that does alignments on C7's, including the ability to do rear camber? I've called several dealers locally and most didn't even know rear camber could be adjusted, and didn't have the necessary tools to measure and adjust rear camber. Anyone know of a shop in the RDU area that can do this? Thanks in advance if you know of anyone!
Most any Chevrolet dealership that sells Corvettes should be able to do a 4 wheel alignment. If you want some special settings, let them know what they are and they should be able to do that too.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:21 PM
Blue666's
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by ArrestMeRed
Most any Chevrolet dealership that sells Corvettes should be able to do a 4 wheel alignment. If you want some special settings, let them know what they are and they should be able to do that too.
If only that were true. It takes a special tool to measure rear camber and so far, every dealer I've contacted does not have the tool to accomplish this task. Hence my inquiry for information.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:38 AM
ArrestMeRed
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 68 Posts

If only that were true. It takes a special tool to measure rear camber and so far, every dealer I've contacted does not have the tool to accomplish this task. Hence my inquiry for information.
http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=6122

If this is the special tool you're referring to, it states in the link: "... was shipped to all authorized Corvette dealerships as part of the essential tool package for Corvette for the 2014 model year."

Also, it's available for loan to GM Dealers. "Both the Digital Angle Gauge, CH-47960, and the mounting adapter CH-47960-10, are available through the new GM Loan Tool Program. The Loan Tool Program enables dealerships to request a special tool through the GM Special Tools Website.

Dealerships must access the GM Special Tools website through the GlobalConnect link in order to enable the Loan Tool button on the website. Once ordered through the website, the tools will be sent to the dealership the next business day."

Maybe you could get one of the local dealers that you trust to order one through the GM Loan Tool Program. Just a suggestion.........
Old 01-24-2018, 01:17 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Been awhile but, Atlantic Tire and Service in Raleigh was involved with a few corvette clubs in the area....
Old 01-28-2018, 04:18 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

If anybody in this area that can do it without being a dealer is Atlantic Tire on Atlantic Avenue
Old 01-28-2018, 03:04 PM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

the special 900.00 tool to do the rear is for caster, not camber.

Get notified of new replies

To Alignment, including rear camber, near Raleigh NC?

Quick Reply: Alignment, including rear camber, near Raleigh NC?