Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Orlando, FL - Fun Driving Roads?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 11:32 PM
nexxis
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Orlando, FL - Fun Driving Roads?

Can anybody recommend some fun driving roads to open up the Vette? I’ve been trying to find info for doing some spirited driving and all I’ve found is,

Port Orange area, Pioneer Trail, off of 44.
Somewhere back in Oviedo, but that was old info so I don’t know where there is out there for long curvy stretches.
Maybe going towards Christmas or Wedgewood?

Sugar Loaf I used to ride when I was into crotch rockets.

Any other ideas for an early Saturday or Sunday?
Old 09-29-2018, 02:25 PM
raff
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by nexxis
Can anybody recommend some fun driving roads to open up the Vette? I’ve been trying to find info for doing some spirited driving and all I’ve found is,

Port Orange area, Pioneer Trail, off of 44.
Somewhere back in Oviedo, but that was old info so I don’t know where there is out there for long curvy stretches.
Maybe going towards Christmas or Wedgewood?

Sugar Loaf I used to ride when I was into crotch rockets.

Any other ideas for an early Saturday or Sunday?
Have you looked at this site -- some interesting rides
http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/states/FL/
The following users liked this post:
cor66vette (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 07:29 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Cool link, raff- thanks
Old 10-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

There is not much in O-Town anymore, unless you like riding on Death Race 2018 - aka the I4 Ultimiate Death Match Unimprovmenent Project where at least one fatal accident a week occurs. But you will destroy your Corvette's suspension with the tank traps there. Don't mind the 3 sets of lane markers on that road - you just gotta guess and hope the person next to you does not smash into you. I particular like the one that if you follow the right set it will lead head on to a nice concrete barrier! SMASH! Then the RoadRa(n)ge(r) scrapers come and peel your remains off the slab to mail back to your family.

And let's not forget the 10 minute lights at every intersection that help make sure you hit every single red light, while making sure no traffic passes through any intersection. My vette average speed shows as 20 MPH. The county appreciated the extra gas tax revenue burning up the streets.

And if you do my any luck happen to find a stretch of any road with no traffic or lights, well it is your lucky day as the Mosquito County revenue collectors LEO will appreciate your donation to the local political corruption fund.

Last edited by Flame Red; 10-05-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:55 AM
DonsLS1
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Flame Red
There is not much in O-Town anymore, unless you like riding on Death Race 2018 - aka the I4 Ultimiate Death Match Unimprovmenent Project where at least one fatal accident a week occurs. But you will destroy your Corvette's suspension with the tank traps there. Don't mind the 3 sets of lane markers on that road - you just gotta guess and hope the person next to you does not smash into you. I particular like the one that if you follow the right set it will lead head on to a nice concrete barrier! SMASH! Then the RoadRa(n)ge(r) scrapers come and peel your remains off the slab to mail back to your family.

And let's not forget the 10 minute lights at every intersection that help make sure you hit every single red light, while making sure no traffic passes through any intersection. My vette average speed shows as 20 MPH. The county appreciated the extra gas tax revenue burning up the streets.

And if you do my any luck happen to find a stretch of any road with no traffic or lights, well it is your lucky day as the Mosquito County revenue collectors LEO will appreciate your donation to the local political corruption fund.
I thought I was the only who felt like this.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:53 AM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Lake county has some fun twisty roads

Get notified of new replies

To Orlando, FL - Fun Driving Roads?

Quick Reply: Orlando, FL - Fun Driving Roads?