Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

C6 Head Unit swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 07:31 PM
stevesvette
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Default C6 Head Unit swap

Hello, fellow Vette enthusiasts. Just picked up my 7th Vette, a 2009 C6, 3LT, Manual Coupe in Cyber Grey. Will be my daily driver, though won't be many miles other than fun rides.

Top first mod is updating the factory Bose/NAV head unit with a 21st Century replacement including CarPlay, F/R cameras, and BT. I'm pretty mechanical and technical and I've done these swaps on other, less complicated systems Was hoping to find someone in the JAX (NE FL) who has done a swap like this and get some guidance, assistance, help with adult beverage consumption , etc.

Ideally, it would be another forum member nearby who has done the swap themselves. Suggestions, advice, help on routing cables for the cameras and tips on what to expect as to possible problems would be most appreciated.

Hopefully one or two of you have done this and would be willing to share. Thanks in advance for any tips, offers, advice!

Last edited by stevesvette; 01-18-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: C6 Head Unit swap