Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Miami Events

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 10:19 AM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Miami Events

The Falls Shopping Ctr Holiday kickoff parade is Sat 11/23 and will be led by 15 or so open top vettes with beauty pagent winners waiving from our cars. Stop by at 4:30 pm.
Sunday 11/24 are the speed trial cone courses at the Miami Metro Zoo starting at 8 am and running until 4pm $45 to participate. it is appprox a 0.6 mile course with several straightaways (can get up to 70 mph). You get a 10 min practice and 2 runs of 3 timed laps. No passing
Old 11-22-2002, 05:20 PM
Z06-Nomad
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Miami Events (urslooow)

Thanks for the info. I appreciate any info I can get on local events, and I don't mean this in an insulting way at all but...

Is the Metro Zoo thing still run in that dirt-pit parking lot with large clouds of dirt and massive amounts of loose gravel? The last and only time I went the conditions were horrendous (assuming you like your paint job).
Old 11-27-2002, 11:44 AM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Miami Events (Z06-Nomad)

Actually the event is in a paved lot has some small pebbles, but not damaging. Corvettes on Hoosiers usually win their class. Just went htis weekend and it was a blast! Best $45 spent
Old 11-27-2002, 12:02 PM
Z06-Nomad
Burning Brakes

Yea, I went to watch for a while. I was going to go early, but when I got in the garage I discovered some brake fluid on the floor next to my left rear tire. It turns out I did not tighten my speed bleeder enough for fear of stripping it. The brake fluid dissolved the glue that held on my inboard wheel weight. Had to go to pep boys and get a new weight etc. By the time I got there it was 11:30 or so.

Looked like a lot of fun. The track was not that dirty (although the people with sticky tires were picking up mass quantities of gravel in the parking area). I would guess that gravel flies off on the first lap and then you are OK. There was a red Z06 running. Seems like he was doing OK. There were 2 Yellow Vettes and a Z-28. Which was your car?
Old 11-27-2002, 02:52 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

I had the red 99 coupe with HRE wheels. The yellow z06 was a friend of mine who owns a shop in Miami Lakes called GM express, as the name implies they do perf work for vettes, F-bodies, etc. Both of the yellow are setup for 175 shot of nos, among other upgrades and both are lowered. the yellow ran a 131 3 lap total, the red with hoosiers won the event with a 121 and chg. David w/ the red z is a very good driver, but he did spin off course on the first 3 lap run and lost his time. Just bought my drag radials today can't wait to mount them and try it

[Modified by urslooow, 5:37 PM 12/3/2002]
Old 12-03-2002, 03:11 PM
Fast Mover
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Michael, How are those wheels? I just met the guys from GM Express. David, The Guy in The Red Z is a buddy of mine. He introduced them to me. I might have them do some work to my car.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:44 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

There will be a parade this Sun 12/8 in S Miami led off by some of our highly modified C5's along with some of the vintage vettes. staging for the parade will be at sw 62nd ave and Sunset drive (participation for Sunshine Corvette Club members only). All others welcome to watch and gab with the guys after the parade.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:47 PM
Z06-Nomad
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Miami Events (BRADS C5)

Brad,

The wheels are looking great! I just got the high polished aluminum center caps with the crossed flags. That gives them the finishing touch I was looking for.

I see you got the dark wheels back. What kind of a deal did you make on the panthers? does a local have them?

Where exactly is GM express?

Later,
MD

[Modified by Z06-Nomad, 10:48 PM 12/4/2002]
Old 12-04-2002, 09:52 PM
Fast Mover
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still have the Polished wheels and are happy with them. If the opportunity comes up I might sell them. I am using my old sig pic until that perfect new one arrives ;)

Get notified of new replies

To Miami Events

Quick Reply: Miami Events