Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

LS Fest East

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 10:26 AM
ApexClone
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 131 Posts
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Default LS Fest East

Wife and I are thinking of road tripping in my C6Z from Maine to Bowling Green this September to see the NCM and go to LS Fest. Never been to either so have a couple questions.

Will we want to be there for all three days or would 1 day be enough to see everything at LS Fest?

How much is there to do at the museum? A days worth or so?

Thinking of putting my car in the car show as it would be cheaper for us and would allow me to not have my car out in general parking. I'm not a car show guy but thinking it would be a good way to keep an eye on my car. Bad idea? I'd like to do some racing but worried about breaking that far from home.

How early should we be booking a hotel room? Do the hotels in the area fill up early?

Any other things we should know? Neither of us ever been anywhere near that area of the country. I'm looking forward to the long road trip in the Z as much as the events there.
Old 02-14-2023, 02:46 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 884 Likes on 478 Posts

I've been meaning to get to LS Fest. From the looks of it, it looks entirely too large to be seen in a single day. The NCM has a lot of cool history but can be seen in a couple of hours, tops.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:44 AM
cadyshac
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 395 Posts

If you can do a tour of the Corvette assembly plant in conjunction with visiting the museum, that will take up most of a day. Also right across I-65 is the track and with LS Fest in town there is sure to be something going on there. I've not been to LS Fest but have been to CamaroFest at Beech Bend and there will be a lot to take in there. Also if staying at one of the host hotels the activity in the parking lots at night is worth checking out too. Nashville is an hour away and Mammoth Cave too, check it all out, good luck.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:12 PM
C6_Prodigy
Pro

Received 343 Likes on 218 Posts

1 day is isn't enough but 2 full days is too much for me. I went in 2021. I was supposed to go in 2022 but got into a skateboarding accident that sent me to the ER a week before LS Fest and had to skip. It's about a 12 hour drive to Bowling Green for me.

This year I'll likely do a half day on Friday to get checked in, then a full day starting as early as possible on Saturday. You can see all the cars in a few hours and then you've got the rest of the time to watch the drag racing, drifting, see the vendors, see some of the cars in their pit area, etc.

I would definitely recommend entering the show if not just for the parking being closer to everything. The cars are adequately spaced and my car felt very safe there.

Book your hotel now. It's WKU parent's weekend the same weekend as LS Fest this year and the hotel I was planning on staying at was already booked when I called them earlier this week.

Can't comment on the museum, haven't been.

If you like bourbon, look up the Bourbon Trail and see if that's something you want to do while you're in KY.
Old 03-01-2023, 02:18 PM
ApexClone
Pro

Thanks for the comments.

If we were to pick 1 or 2 days to go, would you recommend Friday & Saturday over Saturday & Sunday?
Old 03-01-2023, 02:26 PM
C6_Prodigy
Pro

Received 343 Likes on 218 Posts

With most things in life, in depends.

All of the finals for the racing end on Sunday so if you want to see the winners, I'd do Saturday and Sunday.

Friday is much more laid back, not everyone takes off work on Friday to be there, and I like getting in that day to take care of paperwork without lines. For me it's Friday/Sat but I also don't care so much to see the final runs and winners on Sunday.
Old 03-01-2023, 02:32 PM
ApexClone
Pro

I'm thinking just plan for all 3 days since its most likely a once in a lifetime trip for us. If we get bored we could find something else to do I'm sure.
Old 05-09-2023, 01:15 PM
indebt
Burning Brakes

Received 597 Likes on 273 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Friday and Saturday would be better. As mentioned, Friday is less busy and Saturday is PACKED!! I usually do the same and enter the show so i can park inside, although you will be parking on grass probably. It seems like it always rains for short period of times so general parking can get muddy if they have had a bunch recently. I've been several years and there's plenty of racing and stuff going on. At the museum they will be doing some road racing I believe. Its a good time and Bowling Green is a beautiful town. It will be busy though getting in and out at times. Enjoy the drive down.

Get notified of new replies

To LS Fest East

Quick Reply: LS Fest East