Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Pro Auto Tech - experiences...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 10:34 PM
T76Supra
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Auto Tech - experiences...

Hey all -

Just wondering anyone has any personal experience with Pro Auto Tech in Ft Myers, FL. http://www.proautotech.com/

I'm looking at a car built by them...car is in St. Louis, but they did the work - Mongoose 415" package!

Just wanted to get a feel for the work they do.

Jay
Old 02-26-2003, 10:36 PM
T76Supra
Instructor

Default Re: Pro Auto Tech - experiences... (T76Supra)

no one with any first hand experience? -should I post in the general or tech?
Old 02-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Joe’s Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts

Jay, back in September I had my balancer go out on my car. I then had my car towed to this mechanic down the road and he installed a new balancer for me. When I got the car home I was getting a code saying that my front steering wasnt aligned right. I then posted a question on the forum asking somebodys help and Ron from ProAutoTech told me to come up to Ft Myers where his shop was and he would fix it for me. I got up there and he hooked my car up to a computer and fixed it. Ron is a great guy to deal with and I plan on going back soon, hopefully to get LS1 Edit because my car is pinging. Also he didnt charge me for this fix but I gave him 20 bucks because he was very helpful and because he took me right away. The dealer would have charged me probably a hundred bucks or more to do what Ron did. So yes, I highly recommend Rons work. :yesnod:
Old 02-27-2003, 09:01 AM
T76Supra
Instructor

Default Re: Pro Auto Tech - experiences... (BrightRed C5 SWFL)

Thanks man!!

I'm just looking for these kind of personal experiences...ya know - trying to check all possible resources/history before I plunge into the C5 world! The potential '99 C5 i'm getting was done there - just wanna make sure it's a top notch place!

Jay
Old 02-27-2003, 10:14 PM
Jet Jockey & C5
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron & Pro Auto Tech are all over the Corvette Fever magazine. Always seems he's getting good reviews and knows his stuff! From my limited info, I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:53 AM
T76Supra
Instructor

Default Re: Pro Auto Tech - experiences... (Jet Jockey & C5)

Ron & Pro Auto Tech are all over the Corvette Fever magazine. Always seems he's getting good reviews and knows his stuff! From my limited info, I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him.
Thanks for the info...I suppose I should start picking up some 'vette magazines eh?!? I think the 415" mongoose vette I found is the one for me - the price cannot be beat and it will allow me extra $$ for even more mods and let me replace my poor little '97 Kia (daily/winter beater!)....

Again..thanks all.
Jay
Old 02-28-2003, 09:53 PM
2-Vettes
Drifting

Ron has done work on my '92 over the years. It's in his shop now, in fact. He's putting in a new motor and some aftermarket stuff.
I'd take my Vette to him any day.

Get notified of new replies

To Pro Auto Tech - experiences...

Quick Reply: Pro Auto Tech - experiences...