Southern California Southern California

$3K deposit @ Bob Stall Chevrolet???

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 01:13 AM
C6blastoff
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $3K deposit @ Bob Stall Chevrolet???

Has anyone ordered a C6 from them and had to put a $3K deposit that's NON-REFUNDABLE???? This sounds like BS if you ask me. Everywhere else seems to require only $1K. Am I seeing BS or am I seeing BS?

Thanks for the input.

Brandon
Old 03-11-2005, 01:30 AM
Double Aught
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by C6blastoff
Has anyone ordered a C6 from them and had to put a $3K deposit that's NON-REFUNDABLE???? This sounds like BS if you ask me. Everywhere else seems to require only $1K. Am I seeing BS or am I seeing BS?

Brandon
You aren't so much seeing as smelling . A non-refundable 3K deposit? These people are out of their ever-lovin skulls. Buy one from a forum vendor and have those morons at b.stall do a courtesy delivery. That will show them what they can do with their non-refundable 3K deposit.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:34 AM
C6-er
Racer

NON-REFUNDABLE
The non refundable is the part I'm having problems with.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:46 AM
stano
Safety Car

Thanks for the input.

Brandon
Sounds like to me..what do you think Bob Stall Chevrolet??

Old 03-11-2005, 11:07 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Non refundable deposits are pure . A good dealer will order your car and possibly ask for a deposit but if they can't find a car for you they should give your money back. It isn't your problem if they cannot come up with a car.

Now if you back out of the deal and leave them with a 50K car that may not sell, that's something else. But large Chevy dealers don't have problems in selling Corvettes. All dealers have the on-line ability to locate a car and swap it for something else.

Go with one of the Forum dealers and get what you want at a fair price. BTW, how much markup is Bob Stall putting on their cars? $5K? 8K? 10K? You should be able to score a C6 from any Forum dealer for MSRP or even slightly under.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:40 AM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only times I've seen dealers ask for a non-refundable deposit is if it's a car they think they'll have a hard time selling if the deal goes south - i.e., wierd color combinations, etc. What are you looking to order?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Barn Babe
Team Owner

Location: Friends don't let friends move to the city. Aledo, TX

Bob Stall's got a darn good reputation, I'd be surprised if there isn't more to this story. We've ordered a Vette and a Suburban from them, never once did we feel uncomfortable. Who are you dealing with?

Last edited by Barn Babe; 03-11-2005 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:40 PM
jmzvet
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be willing to bet they are not discounting off MSRP and hopefully they aren't marking it up.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:36 PM
antoniopaolo
Drifting

Originally Posted by jmzvet
I'd be willing to bet they are not discounting off MSRP and hopefully they aren't marking it up.

Must be more to the story. I saw his post on the" for sale part"of the forum and it didn't look like any of the internet guys were responding to want wanted for 45K. Of course I hope he gets the best deal possible but before we call the dealer an unethical....it would be best to know a little more.

IMO
Old 03-12-2005, 03:26 PM
BEEN THERE
Racer

is that even legal ?
Old 03-12-2005, 04:00 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BEEN THERE
is that even legal ?

Sure, if it's clearly stated in writing and signed by the buyer.

Let's say you are a Corvette dealer and someone comes in and wants to order Magnetic Red with Torch Red interior (a truly horrible combination, btw). If your buyer backs out of the deal, you are stuck with a car no-one will want, and will probably have to pay to convert the interior to some other color.

What would you do?

(Not saying that's the case here, just citing an example as a follow-up to my previous post here.)
Old 03-13-2005, 01:02 AM
C6blastoff
Intermediate

Hey fellas,

I wanted either black/red, black/cashmere, or red/cashmere and the Internet salesman I talked to on the phone said it's because black/red was a umm..."rare/difficult to sale" combo. I can respect that, but he didn't say it was any different with the black/cashmere or red/cashmere combo either. I just find that going from $1K deposit to $3K at this dealership is too much for my comfort. As for the pricing, they were okay. He said he can "probably" do $1K off MSRP if I do the custom order. I am most likely going to buy my car from one of the forum dealers here. I don't want to give Bob Stall a bad reputation but I just don't feel a $3K deposit is needed.

Online sponsoring dealers - check out my post in the WTB/Sale area:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1035729
Old 03-14-2005, 08:56 PM
C6blastoff
Intermediate

Oh yeah, they also wanted $3K deposit to custom order a Yellow on black C6 too. How odd of a color combo is that? Anyways, I think that's not a good idea. I'm not ordering from them.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:05 PM
vetred
Drifting

Default $3.000. deposit?????????

I bet that if you didn't jump on that "opportunity" its.....toooooooooooooooo late now!!!!!!!!!
This guy that my wife works with was asked 1 WEEK later, if he wanted to sell his "option" for $6000. thats a $3000 profit in one week ( he's got a lot-a dough) so he diclined,........ how ever...............the dealer told me that at least one guy did.................so ya,........ I've heard of it.......and then some..............You wan't to play? You gotta pay and pay........
Old 03-19-2005, 04:23 PM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by Barn Babe
Bob Stall's got a darn good reputation, I'd be surprised if there isn't more to this story. We've ordered a Vette and a Suburban from them, never once did we feel uncomfortable. Who are you dealing with?
I had a quite different experience with them. A couple of months ago they listed a C5 on Auto Trader at $22,995.00. The ad also stated "Must sell this weekend". It was a Tueday morning when I call to inquire about the particulars of this newly listed Vette. I had asked a salesman a few SIMPLE questions: Sport Seats, Interior Color, Auto or Manual Trans? He didn't have the answers but said that he would call me right back. I told him that would be fine, to please call back a.s.a.p, and that I'm a cash paying customer that would like to see the car before the weekend. He never did call back. So that Thursday morning I called and got the same thing from a different salesman. I complained to him that I've already been put through this and that I just wanted answers to my simple questions. He had assured me that he would call me back with the answers within 15 minutes. Never Happened! Two hours later I called and asked for the Manager. I explaned the lack of return calls and asked if they really want to sell this Vette. His response was: Of course we do. He then assured me that he would transfer me to his best salesman and that I would immediately have my answers. All I was transfered to was his Voice Mail. Of course I left a message and got no return call from anybody, ever, at any time. So I called Saturday morning just to find out if it was still available ... figured I'd just drive down to get some answers. I couldn't even get an answer to whether they still had the car. Salesman said he'd check and call me back ... of course he never did. The following week, the same car with the same stock number was listed on Auto Trader at $26,995.00. Bottom line is that in my opinion, THEY STINK! I can honestly say that I've never in my life, dealt with a lousier dealership than Bob Stall's ... NEVER!!!

Last edited by C5VetteLS1; 03-19-2005 at 04:31 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To $3K deposit @ Bob Stall Chevrolet???

Quick Reply: $3K deposit @ Bob Stall Chevrolet???