Southern California Southern California

Anybody goin to any fall track days at Portland International?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2001, 07:00 PM
Zee Freak
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06

Default Anybody goin to any fall track days at Portland International?

Are any of you northern Cal., Washington, or Oregon vetters going to any of the fall track days at Portland International Raceway? Just curious as I plan on attending a few and would like to see some of you there. For a schedule go to PIR.com or pir.com
Hope this link works :confused: , and I hope to see ya there :cheers:
Old 09-14-2001, 03:30 AM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Default Re: Anybody goin to any fall track days at Portland International? (ZEE FREAK)

Are any of you northern Cal., Washington, or Oregon vetters going to any of the fall track days at Portland International Raceway? Just curious as I plan on attending a few and would like to see some of you there. For a schedule go to PIR.com or pir.com
Hope this link works :confused: , and I hope to see ya there :cheers:
Work pretty much keeps me from going :( I might show up for the Viper Days though.
Keep in mind they are opening the 1/8 for the ricers to run starting this weekend to keep them off the street.

Here is the link for PIR http://www.teleport.com/%7Epir/index.html
Old 09-14-2001, 12:29 PM
Zee Freak
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Anybody goin to any fall track days at Portland International? (Jeffvette)

I thought only viper club members were invited to viper days :confused: ! Do you own a viper and are you a member of there club? I am friends with a couple viper clubers in P-town (who are also in my Corvette club) and they say that the viper club doesnt allow any other cars xcept vipers at their track days. They said the president of the club says nothin else should be on the track at the same time as a viper :mad . I just think they are afraid to get spanked by a vette on the track :yesnod:
Old 09-14-2001, 02:33 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Default Re: Anybody goin to any fall track days at Portland International? (ZEE FREAK)

I've been invited out by one of their members. Cody, he is the local guy for selling zaino out of Vancouver, WA. I haven't decided if I'm able to go or not. I can find out if you wnat to take my spot.

Old 09-14-2001, 03:02 PM
Zee Freak
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Anybody goin to any fall track days at Portland International? (Jeffvette)

I've been invited out by one of their members. Cody, he is the local guy for selling zaino out of Vancouver, WA. I haven't decided if I'm able to go or not. I can find out if you wnat to take my spot.
If in fact they can do that (members invite nonmembers w/o vipers). Then that sounds good to me. If you decide to go thats ok because I may be able to talk one of my Corvette club(RCC) friends who belongs to the viper club to invite me. That way we can both attend:cool: . Hope to see ya there :cheers:
Old 09-14-2001, 03:38 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

What part of Portland are you from?
Old 09-14-2001, 04:23 PM
no cure
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the WA/OR viper club Does Not allow Vettes.
period.
they are closed, unless you are a member of the national viper club, which requires viper ownership, you can not run with them.
though of course they are welcome at everyone else's events.

Vipers only, they don't want any "lesser" cars bringing down the class of their event..

other chapters of the viper club are more open minded..
their events are too expensive anyway..
twice the cost of everybody else's track days for no more seat time

David
batting about .600 vs Vipers on the road course, since second engine went in
the older RT/10's get the lil surprise
Old 09-14-2001, 04:48 PM
Zee Freak
Le Mans Master

What part of Portland are you from?
Jeffvette I currently live in southeast Portland. Shoot me an e-mail if ya want to hook up some time. Hey Nocure Thats the exact same thing I was told about the viper club:mad. Those guys dont want me (and you) at their track days cuz They are slow (drivers) and cant stand to get wooped on by a vette. Oh well I'll get them at the other track days (Porsche, BMW, etc.):cheers:

Old 09-14-2001, 08:45 PM
no cure
Burning Brakes

to be fair, there are a Lot of Very Fast Vipers in this area, and they will smoke a stock C5, like after a couple of laps one won't see them any more.
like any group, there are novice/mediocre/good/semi-pro Viper drivers, just like Vettes or Ferrari's or Porsches, etc. not fair to generalize.
I have numerous Viper owner friends, and have an outstanding rivalry with some of them, and Always get my butt kicked by some.
then again, I only drive 8.5 tenths, so anyone in any reasonably competent car, much less a newish GTS who's willing to drive 10 tenths (or better) is welcome to go by me.
but to put it in perspective, unless you're turning sub 30's with the festival turns (chicane) or sub 20's with the long main straight, don't talk any smack nor make any assumptions wrt Vipers @ PIR.
I hope to make one more trip down there this year, not sure when.
ran SIR Wednesday and am going down to Thunderhill soon for a 2 dayer..

David
"very slightly modded FRC"
Old 09-17-2001, 01:25 PM
Zee Freak
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Anybody goin to any fall track days at Portland International? (no cure)

Hows consistant low 1:29s high 1:28s w/the festival and low 1:18s w/o. That was in my 1996 LT4 car, which was all stock xcept for DOTs and Hawk pads :yesnod:
Old 09-17-2001, 02:27 PM
no cure
Burning Brakes

Brian,
a bone stock 1996 LT4 xcept for DOTs and Hawk pads that's able to turn consistant low 1:29s high 1:28s w/the festival and low 1:18s w/o is Extremely Outstanding. says the driver is in the top coupla %. Or is willing to put it All on the line. It's all driver (it always is), but to run those times in a Stock C4, especially wrt suspension is "I tip my hat to you, excellent and/or you are Reaaally pushin it".
funny, in all the days I've run PIR (many) I've never seen a silver LT4 C4 tearing it up like that.. but I am not doubting what you say, I know it is possible. but not common. I have diced with a black 96 LT4 on dot's w/minor mods that I was amazed how he kept up with me.. driver named Dave was Determined to uphold the C4 honor, and he did so most impressively..

I look forward to sharin some track time w/your Z

see ya
David
Old 09-17-2001, 03:32 PM
Zee Freak
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Anybody goin to any fall track days at Portland International? (no cure)

Thanks no cure :cheers: . I havnt had the silver car on the track for a while as I sold it a few years back. The last time I drove was in my dads 96 LT4 (which happend to be black :confused: ). I really cant wait to get my Z on the track. I know it will be way faster (dont know about me though cuz I havnt driven for a while :eek: ) P.S. Do you know where I can get a set of GS rims cheap? I have been runnin track days out at PIR since the early ninetys, but havnt been around lately as I have not had a car :cry . Now that I got my ZO6 I am dyin to get out there :yesnod: Hope to see ya there some time :D
Old 09-27-2001, 02:04 PM
Zee Freak
Le Mans Master

O.K. fellas. I plan on attending the Team Continental school on Oct. 6th, the Pioneer motorsports track day on Oct. 21st, and the Alfa Romeo track day on Oct. 28th. I hope I got all the dates right. Hope to see some of you there. The more vettes the more better. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody goin to any fall track days at Portland International?

Quick Reply: Anybody goin to any fall track days at Portland International?