Southern California Southern California

Long Beach American Le Mans

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:44 AM
TicketBait
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djgcueI'll be there but i just can't let myself drive my Vette to this traffic infested event so i'll be in my lowly Civic Hybrid parked miles and miles away.
leave early to get there the bugs and traffic will still be asleep...

Originally Posted by Street Beast
djgcue,

Get a corral pass and park your vette with friends.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:58 PM
1 slow 97
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I am coming all the way from the east coast for the race. Can anyone give me some pointers on where to Park(wont be in the vette)? Where to hang out for the best views(I like turns at the end of long straights) what time to get there? Where is a good place to party at the end of the day ( friend said the Yard house is a cool place). Any help for this east coaster would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by BlownZR
Who is going to be in the Corvette Coral on April 14th...
I will! Along with about a dozen other Santa Clarita Valley Corvette Club members.

See you there!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:35 PM
djgcue
Racer

Here's some pics I took from Friday. Ended up driving the Civic Hybrid because of the wind. Will be back Sat.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:40 AM
MY03Vette
Le Mans Master

I have other Saturday tickets from work and Garage passes, is there still parking available?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:42 AM
TicketBait
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MY03Vette
I have other Saturday tickets from work and Garage passes, is there still parking available?
there was plenty of spots available friday in the corvette corral which is behind

Grandstand 26 & the Hospitality tent is located behind grand stand#31 and GA
Old 04-14-2007, 09:53 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

define plenty of parking...

We arrived at about 11:00 and had to park in the Porsche Club cause the Vette Club parking area was FULL. I was a bit surprised, really. I had no idea that parking back there was Marina first, club specific second.

The Corral was nice, as always. Got another cool dash plaque. I have no intentions of putting on my dash, but they look cool on my tool box.

We watched the race from seating area 21, which is the seating area in the ALMS paddock.

We watched the Drift show from there, too... MOST IMPRESSIVE. Great fun, too. If anyone hasn't seen Drift, they should check out a local event. It was most fun to watch!!!

The race was great! Our area was right before the hairpin, so we saw the Audi get punted. And could watch the cars enter the pits, too. One surprise, tho, the Audi R10 has a bit of turbo lag... it was quite obvious at the exit of the hairpin. It took it upto the first walkover bridge to get a head of steam.

We also watched the Champ Car qualifying. The new car is VERY impressive. They are fast.

If ALMS comes back, we will do it again. No question.

I will post pics once they are processed. My Nikon is film... sorry... but Sam's does CDs.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:49 PM
TicketBait
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bogus
define plenty of parking...

We arrived at about 11:00 and had to park in the Porsche Club cause the Vette Club parking area was FULL. I was a bit surprised, really. I had no idea that parking back there was Marina first, club specific second.

My Nikon is film... sorry... but Sam's does CDs.
Originally Posted by TicketBait
plenty of spots available friday in the corvette corral

key word is friday

Saturday was a Zoo

and I believe this is your C4 in the green surrounded by vetts... your still in good company

If you arrived a bit earlier and had a Black C6Zo6 (yes they had there own area )

heck, even my fan Club got there before you bogus to view the Most Powerful Stock Corvette

ever produced for retail production in the World , on this Planet

Three words, " Nikon makes Digital"
Old 04-14-2007, 11:31 PM
SVT2888
Burning Brakes

No wonder I saw so many Vette's!!! It was cool to see the Ron Fellows Z06 from behind the fence

The sound from the C6R was just plain ungodly!!!!

My ears still feel funky from that. Its no wonder that people were wearing earplugs.

Had lots of fun. My favorite thing all day was the ALMS race. I was sitting right at the start finish line.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:50 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

TB - That is mine! The green one! I saw you, but you were working! I didn't want to bug you at that time. And I never did see you around again. Sad. We must have a get together!!!

Yea... film... but I will take my FM2 over a lot of cameras these days.

Off to Sams to get them processed! I also have a negative scanner that kicks ***... 11 megapixel resolution

Quick Reply: Long Beach American Le Mans