HeadPapago
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Got my C6 back from Excelsior Motorsports

2008 Coupe with MN6 & Z51 :

Bolt on Mods: >>>
LPE CAI
Vararam Billet MAF
Kooks Headers w/X-pipe, high flow cats (stock NPP mufflers)
Bilstein Sport shocks
Pfadt control arm & sway bar bushings
Excelsior/Mainline Dyno Tune

Solid consistent gains are seen throughout the RPM range. The LS3 is amazing, keeps pulling higher numbers with each successive runs. Kushan did a total of 7 runs (plus 2 baseline runs). Since I'm going to be running on 91 octane pump gas only, we decided to play it safe instead of going over the edge (there is potentially another 20+ hp to be had with higher octane)

I am extremely satisfied with Kushan's work.

The Gains over Stock are:
@ 5800 RPM:
Gain of + 31 RWHP
Gain of +20 RWTQ

I could feel the difference in this car immediately after I got behind the wheel.

The increase in power is most pleasing, and extremely obvious as I drive it fast at WOT.

It's actually quite amazing to see these results considering these mods are all just bolt ons. Amazing engine this LS3.

Kushan is very good at this! His tuning is right on as usual. Without the tuning, my modified engine would not see these high power gains (it actually lost a little power after the bolt ons before the tune ).

I also had Kushan perform 4-corner balance and alignment after swapping out the stock bushings/shocks. The car does not wallow at speed now. Stability and steering is greatly enhanced. Nose lift at hard accleration is gone.

Thanks Kushan for the satisfying results.

Larry

Last edited by HeadPapago; 12-06-2007 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:37 PM
fixvet
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Kushan's been good to me too!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:58 PM
flynbya2
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Glad your happy with it,but honestly....

I mean no disrespect to anyone,but aren't those numbers just a tad low for an ls3? I mean even the baseline numbers?

(Sorry,someone had to say it )

Congrats
Old 12-04-2007, 10:39 PM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

His dyno reeds lower than others for whatever reason. I'm sure if he takes his car to someone elses dyno, it'll read alot higher. Kushan does excellent work.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'09

#'s don't mean a thing!
Line-up side by side and let 'em rip!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:07 AM
bruce1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdasvt
#'s don't mean a thing!
Line-up side by side and let 'em rip!!!

When you do your research, the dynojets always seem to be 10%-15% higher anyway, it's no big deal, meaningless, the gains are what I look for. I let the car do the talking at the track, that is where you see the results.

This Mainliner is the ticket, higher end machine for sure. I'm impressed, it was extremely accurate on all my pulls, consistent as heck. Precision.

He made a monster out of my Z06. And with that suspension, man, it's a race car that you can drive on the street, just what I always wanted.

Kushan is a winner, and that Ls3 is a monster, nice job!
Have fun with it!
(ps. another Spring Mountain event is coming soon, join us.)

Bruce1

Old 12-05-2007, 06:56 AM
HeadPapago
Pro

Thanks for all the replies gang.....

I'm having a blast with the C6

And no offense taken Joe

Kushan mentioned the Spring Mtn. track day in Feb. '08, I'll try to keep up with you and him Bruce Thanks for the invite

From what I gathered, others dynoed with Dynojet will always show higher numbers. To quote from a thread from another forum:

"I don't want to get into the whole dynoject (sic) hp vs all other dyno's hp but as far as tuning goes, it's not the best tuning tool. It's only good for a sweep test(acceleration test) and a final hp/tq number. And that number is always inflated. Not too many dyno in the world read as high as the Dynojet. Why do you think dynojet is coming out with the 224xLC and 424xLC. The LC model comes with a Eddy Load Current unit for steady state tuning. It's a move in the right direction, but their still behind the rest of the other loading dynos. If their inertia dyno was all that great they wouldn't of attempted to add-on a loading unit. Dynojet may have sold more than a few 1000 inertia dynos but i can tell you that 99% of them are in the US."

heck, my Ducati 999s tuned on a Dynojet with Power Commander showed 153.20RWHP & 75.71RWTQ at 12,800RPM. If that were an LS3 at 6200cc, it would work out to about 950RWHP on a NA engine no less

here's a good read on Dynojet http://www.factorypro.com/magazine/S...est_really.pdf

hava nice hump day y'all

Larry
Old 12-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Rag-Top Rick
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I too can confirm the discrepancies between dynos.
On A&A`s dyno my car put down 500/500, on Kushan`s dyno on a very hot 95*+ day I only put down around 400/400, so there can be a huge difference from one dyno to another.

I focus more on before/after gains than peak numbers.

Get notified of new replies

To Got my Z06 back from Excelsior Motorsports

Quick Reply: Got my Z06 back from Excelsior Motorsports