Southern California Southern California

Well It Fianlly Happened.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Bryanwithy
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well It Fianlly Happened.....

Had a great day today with the family and took a nice cruise up to Mt. Baldy , tonight, my mother in law took the kids for the evening and my wife suggested we head out to the pacific to watch the sunset in the vette . I eagerly accepted as i will be traveling for the next 30+ days for work and vacation and wont be able to drive the car . I went and got the car out of the warehouse and we stopped by the house to get the fastrak transponder, on the way back to the freeway as i made a right turn i saw a motor officer on the left side of the street running radar, no biggie, slowed down to be safe and as i passed the officer pulled out right behind me. Knowing what was going to happen as soon as he got behind me i pulled over figuring i was going to get crap about my tinted windows or no front plate. As the office gets to the window i hear the usual license and registration, and then..... "I finally got you"......now i begin to get pissed. I know i was going about 5-10 mph over the speed, but was obviously slowing, and this guy wanted me. After going through the normal drill and signing my ticket for 50 in a 40 (i was going 46 when i looked but oh well, i admit i was speeding (only to myself)) i looked at the name on the ticket. It was the same officer who ticketed me on my company lot while my car was parked with the real wheel encroaching on the handicap spot (parked in a handicap spot). Needless to say when i fought the parking ticket with photos and video of the officer ticketing my car which obviously was not parked in the handicap spot I was absolved and the ticket dismissed . So i guess this guy had it in for me , although in all my life and with so many friends in law enforcement I have never seen that kind of attitude . One of the most frustrating parts of that is in the last 3 years we as a company (and the car has the company name on the registration) have given over 25k to the department for different events / benevolent funds/ etc.

So needless to say since owning the vette for almost a full year i finally got my first ticket, and of course it made the beginning of the evening not so fun, although my wife was consoling, and we ended up enjoying a nice sunset at Point Vincente .

Last edited by Bryanwithy; 05-25-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:11 AM
CorvetteMike68
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I finally got you"...... thats a bunch of bullshyt...guys like that that give cops a bad rap...
Old 05-25-2008, 03:40 AM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by CorvetteMike68
"I finally got you"...... thats a bunch of bullshyt...guys like that that give cops a bad rap...
Old 05-25-2008, 04:52 AM
El Puto
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What BS - is this a-hole a trooper or city cop (or sheriff)?
Old 05-25-2008, 10:39 AM
JohnsC5
Drifting

Now that he's achieved that little milestone in his sad life, hopefully he will leave you alone in the future.

Last edited by JohnsC5; 05-25-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Bryanwithy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by El Puto
What BS - is this a-hole a trooper or city cop (or sheriff)?
City of Corona PD, I have been puled over by this guy before and received no ticket, I am always over polite, dont argue or really say anything other than yes sir / no sir. Almost all my friends are officers or goverment agents and my neighbor who is a city of Santa Ana PD could not believe it either this morning..

Oh well, it sucks, but life goes on. I was more pissed that I got the ticket than his stupid antics, people like that never get ahead and are constantly trying to prove themselves to others.

I told my wife I wish he would of got me for serious speeding as it would have made me feel better, but on the other hand this will certainly be cheaper.

Avoid Lincoln Blvd north from the 91 in Corona, the guy is always sitting at the bottom of the hill. Just FYI.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:43 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Well now I would drive by there every time I had the chance doing 1 mph under the posted limit with a front plate and windows down..smile and wave...

sad he had nothing better to do but as you already said some people just have to be asses. You know all LEOs are not like that. Glad it didn't ruin your night
Old 05-26-2008, 12:50 PM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

Fight the cite in court...
Old 05-26-2008, 02:29 PM
El Puto
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY
There's a very good chance this deek won't show up.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:15 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by NORTY

I'm 10 for 10!!

JB
Old 05-26-2008, 07:35 PM
MyVetteDream
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: HOW FAST WAS I GOING OFFICER? Los Angeles Hating GM Dealership Service Dept.'s Since Sept. 2004
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by Bryanwithy
::::snip:::, i admit i was speeding (only to myself)) i looked at the name on the ticket. So i guess this guy had it in for me , although in all my life and with so many friends in law enforcement I have never seen that kind of attitude . One of the most frustrating parts of that is in the last 3 years we as a company (and the car has the company name on the registration) have given over 25k to the department for different events / benevolent funds/ etc.

So needless to say since owning the vette for almost a full year i finally got my first ticket, and of course it made the beginning of the evening not so fun, although my wife was consoling, and we ended up enjoying a nice sunset at Point Vincente .
So what does contributing have anything to do with you getting fanged?

But that's what motorcycle officers do --- tickets and accidents --- that's it.

I agree about fighting it in court -- you got a 50/50 shot, go for it.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Bryanwithy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MyVetteDream
So what does contributing have anything to do with you getting fanged?
It rally does not have anything to do with it other than the fact that our company has supported the department with every request they have made and we are no stranger to most officers, so every little bit helps.

But that's what motorcycle officers do --- tickets and accidents --- that's it.
Waiting to become useful in some cases. As i stated, almost every single one of my close friends is either law enforcement or federal, this is a not a representation of ALL officers, but there are those out to get people, and since this is the same guy who tagged my car on my lot just to get at me, i find it bothersome.

I agree about fighting it in court -- you got a 50/50 shot, go for it.
Probably will, dont know yet, might just pay someone in the office to do traffic school for me (online) and just walk away. There is a strong part of me that wants to fight it, but no matter what the city gets $$$ even if i win, hell the last parking ticket that i won my case on still costs me $35.00.

Get notified of new replies

To Well It Fianlly Happened.....

Quick Reply: Well It Fianlly Happened.....