Southern California Southern California

HELP! Beg or Borrow Smog Legal Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 03:13 PM
BitViper
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default HELP! Beg or Borrow Smog Legal Air Intake

I took my car in today to have it smogged!.. Passed the sniffer but dammit the guy failed it because of my Vararam..

Dose anyone have a stock intake I can borrow... or a slip on cold air kit that is CARB approved... or someplace that will pass me..

Aaron 858 449 6211

Ok.. Ive found my stock stuff except Im missing th ebit that attaches to the air bridge... anyone ogt one lying about?

Last edited by BitViper; 02-13-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Madsen
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

Wish I could help sorry
Old 02-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by BitViper
I took my car in today to have it smogged!.. Passed the sniffer but dammit the guy failed it because of my Vararam..

Dose anyone have a stock intake I can borrow... or a slip on cold air kit that is CARB approved... or someplace that will pass me..

Aaron 858 449 6211

Ok.. Ive found my stock stuff except Im missing th ebit that attaches to the air bridge... anyone ogt one lying about?
Did he red flag your car. I will check my stuff and shoot you a pm, how soon do you need it??
Old 02-13-2010, 08:35 PM
zagger
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try to call you, I have one from 99 you can borrow. Not sure if it will work with 04, maf was relocated but you can give it a try. Check you phone for message and #'r.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:02 AM
BitViper
Melting Slicks

Everyone.. thanks.. Rickko got me one..

Mann I love this site.. thanks all

Varmitt.. not sure what "Red Flag" means but it wa son the "Official" pice of paper he gave me back..

Intresting thought.. Rickko posted this in another thread...
A few years ago I asked a CF member who did smog checks in California if he thought my Blackwing would pass. This was his response:

"Again it depends upon the technician. Some are extremely ****, and some are rather loose on air filtration systems.

The DCA/BAR's ruling on them is as Follows on Page 4 of Appendix K: Under Items of Non-Concern, Cold Air / Air filtration systems that retained ALL of the factory EVAP hoses, fittings and connections, are legal.

IIRC, since the Blackwing removes the box, but allots the Air Injection system to still have access to air (via a filter placed on to that inlet line), it should indeed be an item of non-concern, thus passing the test."

So I guess you have to armed with Page 4 of Appendix K, although I doubt these smog techs will take the time to read it and make a decision.
I wish I knew the name of the document..
This sounds allot like its a wash.. and the guy was just trying to get the extra 26 bucks from the re-test from me..

My plan is to go back on Monday.. show him the info above.. if they dont give that Ill change out the airbox right ther in the parking lot.. test then switch right back afterwards..!

Of all things to fail some on on an airbox is just SO trivial and has absolutely nothing to do with emmissions..

Last edited by BitViper; 02-14-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Blue Blood
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 59 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13, '15,'21

just found mine, so if you need let me know but it looks like you're good.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:03 AM
BitViper
Melting Slicks

Guys..thanks for all the offers.... I found one locally that I can borrow.... Its amazing People came outta the woodwork to help out..I'm overwhelmed.. I had over 30 responces from local follks and even some from the east coast.... AMAZING!

Thanks All!

Get notified of new replies

To HELP! Beg or Borrow Smog Legal Air Intake

Quick Reply: HELP! Beg or Borrow Smog Legal Air Intake