Southern California Southern California

FS: Carbon Fiber Front Splitter - Damaged

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 PM
imflyinbiya
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Default FS: Carbon Fiber Front Splitter - Damaged

Hi guys. Finally moving on from this front splitter... I have had it for a few years, in fact this was one of the first that were produced by TorchFRC. This is the exact splitter type / style that appeared on Andy Wheeler's car as well.

The detail guy has it it against the curb on 2 separate occasions, each time I have repaired it to 95%+ new condition. This last time I did the damage myself while pulling into my office parking lot in a hurry on a Friday morning (no coffee yet!). I am lacking the desire to repair, although this time the damage is significantly less than the previous mishaps. This splitter appears to be foam core, covered in real carbon fiber. It has been repaired using fiberglass previously in addition to Bondo for shaping.

If you are looking for a 100% perfect splitter, this is not for you. If you want a small project that will yield good end results for a fraction of the cost this could be up your alley.

I don't have any damaged pictures yet, but for serious buyers I will run out and snap a few. Image the front 1" or less slightly cracked and flattened from hitting a high curb and that is the extent of it. Here are several on-car, pre-damaged pics:

It installs using bolts (6) IIRC. I had TorchFRC install at his shop the first time, not sure all that is involved. I know removing and reinstalling is not difficult at all now.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I am not trying to get rich here and screw anybody. This is a damaged part but a good opportunity for a DIY guy to have some fun.

$225 OBO - local pickup preferred, zip 92688

Thanks!

Bo
mrbojones@gmail.com

Quick Reply: FS: Carbon Fiber Front Splitter - Damaged