Southern California Southern California

Corvette Challenge #6 Button Willow: DOWNLOAD !

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Under severe peer pressure from DH, I borrowed a GoPro from a friend and took a lot of video of the day. Unfortunately, I didn’t take any of my first session where I thought I was in a Subaru and did some rally car racing after Bus Stop.

The first video is of my entire 5th session. My best time was in my 6th session but this video is sweet as the bimmer in front of me goes off track at cotton corners in the warm up lap! (cough-cough - Please ignore how I go off at nearly the same place at 16:25) The second video is me going off track in the third session at Phil Hill. Much thanks to Serge for clearing out that cone earlier in the day.

This was my first day at ButtonWillow so any advice on the line is encouraged!

http://youtu.be/b34I4N736gU

http://youtu.be/l-l9b54Azss

Last edited by Grabbed_Crow_Mobe; 07-30-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

[QUOTE=nhpln;1581435289]Well here's video of you before I had my GoPro. From WSIR more than 2 years ago.

Joe, the last time you video'd me with your helmet mounted GoPro my engine blew up !!!! Please don't do that again ..........

DH
Old 07-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Under severe peer pressure from DH, I borrowed a GoPro from a friend and took a lot of video of the day. Unfortunately, I didn’t take any of my first session where I thought I was in a Subaru and did some rally car racing after Bus Stop.

The first video is of my entire 5th session. My best time was in my 6th session but this video is sweet as the bimmer in front of me goes off track at cotton corners in the warm up lap! (cough-cough - Please ignore how I go off at nearly the same place at 16:25) The second video is me going off track in the third session at Phil Hill. Much thanks to Serge for clearing out that cone earlier in the day.

This was my first day at ButtonWillow so any advice on the line is encouraged!

<Edit: You tube error. Will re-post video.>
Kevin

Buy your own GoPro

DH
Old 07-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Pro

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Kevin

Buy your own GoPro

DH
After comparing the jitter factor of the GoPro to my video camera, I definitely will.

Curious as to your settings? What quality do you record at? I was at "r2" and the files are large (~2gb). Editing/uploading to youtube is a pain.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

After comparing the jitter factor of the GoPro to my video camera, I definitely will.

Curious as to your settings? What quality do you record at? I was at "r2" and the files are large (~2gb). Editing/uploading to youtube is a pain.
Set it at best which I think is R5. Full sessions run around 2 gigs. I have extended limits at YouTube because of all my uploads. You will too once you start uploading ............

DH
Old 07-29-2012, 09:13 PM
doveboat
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Use r5 and then when you upload use the 720p HD mode, still shows clear vid with greatly reduced upload times.

I am told that I make up for my driving deficiencies with my video editing skills ......

Ed
Old 07-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Pro

Originally Posted by doveboat
Use r5 and then when you upload use the 720p HD mode, still shows clear vid with greatly reduced upload times.

I am told that I make up for my driving deficiencies with my video editing skills ......

Ed
Do you change to 720p mode in your editing software? What do you use?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Ed
I was uploading track video before you wear shaving ...........

DH
Old 07-29-2012, 10:11 PM
doveboat
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you change to 720p mode in your editing software? What do you use?
I use Windows Live Movie Maker (came w/Windows 7)

It gives me a choice when I go to upload to Youtube

And I think DH's comment is accurate about me shaving and editing video .....

Ed
Old 07-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Pro

I use Windows Live Movie Maker (came w/Windows 7)

It gives me a choice when I go to upload to Youtube

And I think DH's comment is accurate about me shaving and editing video .....

Ed
Ah... I was creating a file and then uploading to YouTube rather than uploading through Movie Maker.

It should be finished uploading by the next CC event
Old 07-29-2012, 11:01 PM
WWJD
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was nice meeting you Howie. Thank you for all the pointers for the Corvette Challenge. Here's all the 3 laps I did in my buddy's C6 Z06 Centennial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFxwk...ature=youtu.be

Looking forward to doing more Corvette Challenge in the future with you guys! It was fun!!

-Ricky Kwan
Old 07-29-2012, 11:38 PM
nhpln
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WWJD
It was nice meeting you Howie. Thank you for all the pointers for the Corvette Challenge. Here's all the 3 laps I did in my buddy's C6 Z06 Centennial:

Looking forward to doing more Corvette Challenge in the future with you guys! It was fun!!

-Ricky Kwan
Hey Ricky, great video and awesome driving! I've never met you, but it's pretty obvious you've got some serious talent to jump in that car and run a 2:00 in your first laps! I think I usually see you on the Speed Ventures entry list in an S2000, M3, and GT-R? It's good to see you tearing up the track in a Vette and that Viper ACR too. Now all you guys need is a Ford GT to round out that modern American supercar collection

I'll look for you next time I'm at the track. You may have already seen me before. I'm that Asian guy in a dark blue Corvette Z06. Not too many of us out there

Joe
Old 07-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

-Ricky Kwan
Sorry we didn't know we had a new Corvette Challenge driver till the end of the day. We all try to park together or at least hang out during lunch (which is FREE) and at the end of the day awards presentation. You had the fast lap of the day and won first place in the Super Modified class. Check the link above or go to Speed Ventures competition section and you will see the point standings.

Thanks for checking in.

DH
Old 07-30-2012, 12:25 AM
WWJD
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by nhpln
Hey Ricky, great video and awesome driving! I've never met you, but it's pretty obvious you've got some serious talent to jump in that car and run a 2:00 in your first laps! I think I usually see you on the Speed Ventures entry list in an S2000, M3, and GT-R? It's good to see you tearing up the track in a Vette and that Viper ACR too. Now all you guys need is a Ford GT to round out that modern American supercar collection

I'll look for you next time I'm at the track. You may have already seen me before. I'm that Asian guy in a dark blue Corvette Z06. Not too many of us out there

Joe
Hi Joe, I normally tracked my S2000 and M3 at Buttonwillow since RWD is more fun. I'm pretty sure we have met each other at some point, or at least in the download meeting
We are keeping the Vette and Viper in complete stock and see what they are capable of. I can't wait to try ACS next month. Hopefully I will see you there.

Ricky
Old 07-30-2012, 12:32 AM
WWJD
Heel & Toe

Sorry we didn't know we had a new Corvette Challenge driver till the end of the day. We all try to park together or at least hang out during lunch (which is FREE) and at the end of the day awards presentation. You had the fast lap of the day and won first place in the Super Modified class. Check the link above or go to Speed Ventures competition section and you will see the point standings.

Thanks for checking in.

DH
Thank you Howie. I asked Aaron and Dave in the morning about the challenge, and we thought it was simple like some other SV challenges which just sign in and play. I will make sure check in with the crew next time. Thank you again for hosting the event!
Old 07-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Thank you Howie. I asked Aaron and Dave in the morning about the challenge, and we thought it was simple like some other SV challenges which just sign in and play. I will make sure check in with the crew next time. Thank you again for hosting the event!
Ricky,

You did good. They should have told me or Peter that there was a new driver so we could check your class as we did at the end of the day.

You got your shirt. You missed the Free Lunch. And you get 1st place Speed Venture dollars (check your account for the credit).

I won't be at ACS till the CC event near the end of the year. I do 1:51 there in my car. Since you were 6 seconds faster than me I expect you to kick some serious butt there

DH

Last edited by Dirty Howie; 07-30-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:45 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Your welcome. Glad you had fun

Now back to the valve threads

DH
Already on it!

On my last session at 4pm I got down to 2:18. Was really pleased on my first time with the 09 on a track.

Gonna be coming to more of these now.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Challenge #6 Button Willow: DOWNLOAD !

Old 07-30-2012, 03:51 AM
heypal
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you all had a great time I missed it so I'm bummed but I did get some track time in at SOW. Hopefully I can make it to the next event.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
Already on it!

On my last session at 4pm I got down to 2:18. Was really pleased on my first time with the 09 on a track.

Gonna be coming to more of these now.
Steve

Wait till you get it on WSIR and ACS so you can open it up in 4th

Glad to have you with us

DH
Old 07-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by heypal
Looks like you all had a great time I missed it so I'm bummed but I did get some track time in at SOW. Hopefully I can make it to the next event.
Well you have lots of time to plan and its on a Sunday so no excuses !!

DH

Quick Reply: Corvette Challenge #6 Button Willow: DOWNLOAD !