Southern California Southern California

2012 Corvette Challenge Season Finals: Download !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Do you guys change your oil after every event or just go off the oil life indicator?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 PM
MAG STAR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie

Great Driving !!!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 PM
8no4nsht
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Joe.

You won SV money for the event. Check with them. Hopefully you will use it at the next Corvette Challenge event. It was nice seeing you out there with us.

So you didn't use ANY oil at WSIR? How many sessions did you run?
Now I am more worried ...............

DH
I will definately use SV money for an event with you guys. Who do I contact to redeem?

I ran 3 sessions. Like I told you at the track, the first engine used 1/4 to 1/2 qt oil every track weekend. Maybe i'm the one who should be worried!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:28 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Natie
Do you guys change your oil after every event or just go off the oil life indicator?
After every 2-3 events for me.

DH
Old 12-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MAG STAR
Great Driving !!!
Thanks Mark

We miss you and hope you show up at some events. Rob needs some competition

DH
Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 8no4nsht
I will definately use SV money for an event with you guys. Who do I contact to redeem?

I ran 3 sessions. Like I told you at the track, the first engine used 1/4 to 1/2 qt oil every track weekend. Maybe i'm the one who should be worried!
SV money should be on your account. So when you sign up for next event it should show as a discount. If not contact Dave.

1/4-1/2 per 2 days is what mine was using until this last event when it used 1/2 in one day. I'm worried. I see no reason for you to worry. I was hoping it was from a few laps with oil not as hot as usual due to cold weather. I was hoping you and Dave would report more than normal usage.

DH
Old 12-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Anyone else going to post up some video ???

DH
Old 12-13-2012, 02:11 AM
Evolution-ary
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Lion
So Dave, how did you like the Hoosiers? I remember the first time I used them I was amazed at the grip level versus my worn out OEM goodyears. What was your best lap time?
Well, I learned that there is a 'break in' procedure to follow, so I only ran them one session, the second one out... I really wasn't pushing it but ran a 1:36.1 on my fastest lap before coming in and taking them off.. (2 sec faster than my best that day on the NTO5's).. I've ran a 1:35 on a closed track day before on the Nittos, so it's nothing special (I need more seat time to get better!) but I can tell the R6's are gonna be a blast, and a lot of potential for getting quicker.

I couldn't believe the stick and difference from the NTO5's, which were actually feeling really good on Session 1... but the R6's were an absolute blast to drive and a whole other animal... not one bit of drama anywhere.. (on session 3, I spun on T5 back on the Nittos!)

I look forward to getting back out with the R6's.. I got the stock sizes though, after talking to a lot of people, it seemed like the best way to go to maintain the suspension geometry and car set up as to factory specs...

We missed you Leo! Hope to see you soon...

Dave
Old 12-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Evolution-ary
Burning Brakes

Anyone else going to post up some video ???

DH
My slow azz video would be nothing but boring after yours and Joel's!

Sorry I couldn't stick around for session 4 lead/follow... family obligations... and I was fried and probably wouldn't have been able to keep up with you so you could marvel at how bitchin' you look goin' around the track!!

Great driving DH.... you're still setting bar on those damn Nittos... You're gonna have to invest in some R6's ... you think you're having fun now!

D
Old 12-13-2012, 02:34 AM
Evolution-ary
Burning Brakes

Getting worried that my new motor is starting to use oil. I used almost 1/2 qt for the day. I did 4 1/2 sessions. How much oil did you other Z06 guys use?

Dave? Steve? Joe?

DH
I haven't looked at the oil since session 2 (where I used none.), and haven't driven the car since driving home Saturday... .. but will let you know where it's sitting once I run it and do the 5 min check...

BUT... you're at 30k on the SECOND motor? I just turned 16k on the first one! (there are benefits to being on the road all the time!)... maybe you should change that oil more often... even *I* do it after every track day!

D
Old 12-13-2012, 03:33 PM
C5Lion
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Leo

We missed you. And yes you have a trophy. You either need to pick it up at a SV event or arrange for shipping.

DH
So does SV have it or one of the Corvette challenge committee members? Who can I contact?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:37 PM
C5Lion
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Evolution-ary
Well, I learned that there is a 'break in' procedure to follow, so I only ran them one session, the second one out... I really wasn't pushing it but ran a 1:36.1 on my fastest lap before coming in and taking them off.. (2 sec faster than my best that day on the NTO5's).. I've ran a 1:35 on a closed track day before on the Nittos, so it's nothing special (I need more seat time to get better!) but I can tell the R6's are gonna be a blast, and a lot of potential for getting quicker.

I couldn't believe the stick and difference from the NTO5's, which were actually feeling really good on Session 1... but the R6's were an absolute blast to drive and a whole other animal... not one bit of drama anywhere.. (on session 3, I spun on T5 back on the Nittos!)

I look forward to getting back out with the R6's.. I got the stock sizes though, after talking to a lot of people, it seemed like the best way to go to maintain the suspension geometry and car set up as to factory specs...

Dave
I am surprised someone told you the stock sizes were better suited. Most of the Z06's I have seen use the 295 and 345 combination.

Did you end up adding any more camber in the front?

The drama comes back when you push the R6's harder. You'll eventually find the edge with these tires as well, its just much higher than street tires.

I take it you are trying to heat cycle them like what is recommended. I never do that. I know at the tire rack you can have them do this before they ship them to you, but some say this type of heat cycle on rollers does work. I have done it both ways and couldn't really much difference.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

So does SV have it or one of the Corvette challenge committee members? Who can I contact?
Speed Ventures

DH
Old 12-13-2012, 11:26 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Evolution-ary

Dave

The R6s really do make a big difference. I dropped almost 2.5 seconds off my PB with R888s...
Old 12-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Times are up on SV site for WSIR and the season total points are also up in the Corvette Challenge area of the Competition section.

DH
Old 12-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

2012 CORVETTE CHALLENGE RESULTS

ULTIMATE
1ST HERCULES ROCKERFELLER
2ND PETER PIPER
3RD JASON HACKER

SUPER MODIFIED
1ST Z06LION
2ND JOEL FEINGOLD
3RD ROCKETMAN

MODIFIED
1ST DIRTY HOWIE
2ND GREG NESTER
3RD CDAMAN

STOCK
1ST KEVIN VOGEL
2ND JOE PISCOTTY
3RD C6 4 AL

DH
Old 12-15-2012, 08:08 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Times are up on SV site for WSIR and the season total points are also up in the Corvette Challenge area of the Competition section.

DH
Looks like I should have won!!

Check out this SUPER FAST lap they did not credit me for in the challenge... It's listed on the speedventures site. I ran this lap on straight Meth mixed with Torco!!!

Name Lap Time Run Group Speed Make Model Year Tires HP

Joel Feingold 22.34 Green 4402.7 Chevrolet Corvette 2008 Race 515

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Corvette Challenge Season Finals: Download !!

Old 12-15-2012, 08:56 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Geesh!!..... I always think I should win!!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5
Looks like I should have won!!

Check out this SUPER FAST lap they did not credit me for in the challenge... It's listed on the speedventures site. I ran this lap on straight Meth mixed with Torco!!!

Name Lap Time Run Group Speed Make Model Year Tires HP

Joel Feingold 22.34 Green 4402.7 Chevrolet Corvette 2008 Race 515
Lets see the video of that lap Joel ......... !!!!

I also saw Joe P with a 1:23.xx

Any way you slice it we VETTES had most of the top spots for the day.

DH

Last edited by Dirty Howie; 12-16-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Hercules Rockefeller
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A great day at the track and a great end to the season. Thanks to all the competitors who came out through the year, it's been a blast. I set a new PB of 1:28.2, which isn't quite what I wanted but I'm sure I'll be able to get in the 1:26's sometime next year. I just need to find a way to convince myself to take T1 a little faster!

I take it you are trying to heat cycle them like what is recommended. I never do that. I know at the tire rack you can have them do this before they ship them to you, but some say this type of heat cycle on rollers does work. I have done it both ways and couldn't really much difference.
Yep, heat cycling new tires is a scam. Don't do it, you will heat cycle your tires just fine at the track.

Quick Reply: 2012 Corvette Challenge Season Finals: Download !!