Sub 200k homes north of santa clarita

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 01:13 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
correct hard to tell whats accurate....sure would be nice if they didnt stretch the pics out so much

My main concern is area/crime not sure wether to stay west, north or SE of Phoenix.

Wanting to not be right in the thick of things, not in Timbuktu either

Meaning in 10 yrs still a clean quiet area. Lots of area to cover
Guess if I knew where not to look that would help.

Paul areas like yours are way outta my league lol
Checked out green valley lake elizabeth. 10 yrs ago I would have not now though thanks.

This area as a whole is still nice but last yr the mgmt is bringing seedy people here and rent as literally doubled in 3 yrs
We moved in paying 1250 a mo paid 2100 this mo. 2 storages at 280 ea its just insane. For a tiny 1 br apt.....if I was able to return to work still couldnt afford it. Ugh

Not a problem I understand .....one thing to keep in mind, the housing cost in the whole valley are going to double in the next five years so if you're looking to do any type in investment it would be wise...the reason why is Northrup just got a contract for 100 B 21 bombers and may make u As many as 200!! the same thing happened in the 1980s with the B1 and housing, housing doubled and in just a few short years! its going to be a huge boom...and then land and housing value in the next five years will skyrocket, people who have money invested in housing here are going to make a bucket load of money

Last edited by pauldana; 07-07-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:25 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I dont doubt you but I probably wont be around in a few yrs just want a clean quiet area. In my price range doubt Ill find that up there.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:47 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

As I've heard many, many times over the years..."The bad news is...CA Real Estate is volatile. The good news is...CA Real Estate is volatile." Its all about timing, but trying to time/predict the market can drive you insane. You just have to jump in and prepare for the roller-coaster ride.

Cuisinart...if you're really serious about AZ, hit up forum member "Unreal" (Nick). He's a tell it like it is kind of guy...about as straight as a straight shooter can get. I think he's in Gilbert AZ, which is about 20-ish miles SE of Phoenix (I believe). I'm sure he can give you a quick rundown on the "lay of the land" to point your search in the right direction. Lots of helpful AZ guys on the Forum though...so maybe even post up some questions you have in the Southeast sub-forum if you haven't already.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:43 AM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Thanks, yes serious. Our rent just increased 600 this mo its just out of control have no choice but to go. Even if I was back working still couldnt afford it Ill hit nick up.
got a couple court dates coming up next 30 days then packing a truck and going

Took another look at AV anything with a pool/garage in a half decent area is just more than i got.

Last edited by cv67; 07-08-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:44 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Man, reading this thread sure makes me glad to be where I am. No real crime, no real traffic, fantastic weather, by the beach and mountains, etc. The downside is cost, of course. You're not getting anything for $200k in Santa Barbara. But the real estate market is also much more stable than the majority of CA. I seriously considered moving to Oregon at one point due to the cost of real estate. Thankfully I got my foot in the door here instead.

I'd personally consider Oregon over Arizona, but I guess that depends on your preference when it comes to climate. I'll take the rain over 110 degree heat, but that's just me.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:05 PM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Think Im gonna pass on AZ

got a couple court dates coming up next 30 days then packing a truck and going
once again defense never showed ...plans just changed for the worse holy smokes its gonna get ugly

Thanks all.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:02 PM
DanMan35
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Crime is getting crazy bad....even here
3 cars stolen from our bldg this week, 5 cars busted into and 13 break ins.

May have a situation coming up where I can possibly buy
Rent in this lousy apt is going up to 1600/mo.....2 br are 2500

Want to live somewhere a little less populated more spread out....quiet hopefully medical not too far away

Looked at Lake Elizabeth, California City dont know anything about these areas. Trying to not move out of state
open to other towns from coastal to?
Laughing my *** off. You live in Santa Clarita (still one of the safest cities in the US) and you live in Valencia, probably the nicest part of Santa Clarita, aside from maybe Stevenson Ranch. Crime happens anywhere and everywhere. But for someone living in Valencia of all places to say crime is getting "crazy bad" is just absolutely ridiculous and makes me laugh. Try to have some perspective.

I'm speaking from experience too. I spent about 25 years in Santa Clarita and only moved away 3.5 years ago so I know what I'm talking about. With population increase will always come crime increase. Santa Clarita is now over 200,000 people so it's definitely not a small city. But even if crime has increased in the last 3 years because of the population increase, the crime in SCV is still extremely low compared to most other places.

Last edited by DanMan35; 07-23-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:56 AM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Dan this area still looks prime.
Edited a long post, Ill say if you saw the stack of crime reports we have just on our unit & vehicles this last 2 mos alone let alone the surrounding 2 square mi it would blow your mind.
We cant even park our vehicles here anymore, the ins company wont cover them as the damage is constant. We got lucky and just got hers fixed..it sits in a storage now. Yay.

I sleep within feet of the door with a weapon now, never would have guessed wed have these issues here. Not random like any area...lot of the problems are from Sec 8 living here, drugs and all the problems come right along with it;copper hill is getting hit hard!
Why pay a ton when 2 doors down you have heroin addicts living for free? they dont even wait for you to leave for work, they will force thier way in while youre home in broad daylight, our front door reflects that.
3 yrs ago biggest issue would be some soccer mom off her meds. Things are changing lol.

Last edited by cv67; 07-25-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Sub 200k homes north of santa clarita