Southern California Southern California

Need a place that rebuild power steering racks in socal

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 03:41 PM
Boosted Motorsports
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a place that rebuild power steering racks in socal

Anyone know of a reputable place that rebuild power steering racks in socal? I found of RackDoctor.com but they are in SC. Would prefer to find someone local LA/OC or even San Diego if possible before shipping it out.

Mine has a small leak from behind the boot on the drivers side.

For my Viper but figured you guys might know a spot.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:01 AM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Never used them, but I seem to recall hearing good things about A&D Auto Rebuilders in the Long Beach vicinity. May be worth a look...
Old 07-20-2017, 01:14 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

For those of us that race C5 and C6 Corvettes on big sticky 315 front tires bouncing off of track curbing at 100+ MPH, we need steering rack service fairly regularly. Certainly our abuse on the racks is extreme, but we have had failures from the get go with some of the local rebuilders. Sometimes they leak right away and sometimes they are good for only a couple of weekends.

For the most part all of us use Turn One in the midwest. They do a great job. If you hit them up around the start of winter you will be waiting as that is when all the NASCAR teams are using them to rebuild all their racks.

https://www.turnone-steering.com/pag...lding-services
Old 07-20-2017, 10:14 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

C5 racks are like gold now. None are being made by GM. There are none at GM dealers. There are now to buy exchange from any autoparts stores from Cali to Florida. You have to get your personal rack rebuilt. I have had 100% success over the years with Rotex in Gardena California for rebuilds of all kinds. They just did a C5 rack for me last month. Rebuild take 1 day turn around. It is now my spare.

Last edited by fatbillybob; 07-20-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:26 AM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
C5 racks are like gold now. None are being made by GM. There are none at GM dealers. There are now to buy exchange from any autoparts stores from Cali to Florida. You have to get your personal rack rebuilt. I have had 100% success over the years with Rotex in Gardena California for rebuilds of all kinds. They just did a C5 rack for me last month. Rebuild take 1 day turn around. It is now my spare.
Good to hear rotex is still around, I had good success with them rebuilding an antique generator armature, over twenty years ago. I was just wondering about that shop the other day, being around the area, but not remembering the location.

Get notified of new replies

To Need a place that rebuild power steering racks in socal

Quick Reply: Need a place that rebuild power steering racks in socal