Southern California Southern California

Mountain View Chevrolet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 02:00 PM
furiousox
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Mountain View Chevrolet?

Does anybody have experience getting their Corvettes serviced by Mountain View Chevrolet?

I have a c6 z06 that might need some extensive transmission work, and my extended warranty only covers dealer repairs. Just looking to see if anybody here has experience with the Mountain View Chevrolet service department.

Thanks

Last edited by furiousox; 03-06-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:53 PM
Gio's C7
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 86 Posts

Old 03-07-2018, 02:15 AM
furiousox
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Well ****, that's not terribly reassuring, lol.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:32 AM
pewter50vette
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

You mite want to ask warranty company if they have any deals with American Heritage Performance , Kohles does work with GMPP warranty program , had part of my heads paid for under GMPP they paid for labor and stock parts i paid for the upgrades worth a try.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:41 AM
pewter50vette
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

If you have to use a dealer i would call Rydell Chevrolet in the valley, ask for Donny Yorke he is there corvette guy had my fuel pump replaced under warranty there, he is well spoken for by many corvette people just another option.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:48 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have used them in the past for warranty work and replace the A6 shifter that broke so that it was a pain to get out of park. I decided not to do the "wire fix" for it. They did fine on that and all but that was over 3 years + ago.

That thread tells A WHOLE lot why not to use them. A number of years back their 1 and only corvette mech that worked on vettes left and the new guy didn't seem to be very educated. Also, there was a very good service manager but he left a couple of years ago as well.

I don't use them at all. I had scheduled a routine oil change for 9am in the morning and they wanted the car for the whole day. I asked why. It was just an oil change and I would wait the 30 mins. They said nope, regardless if you have an appointment we need it all day but their shuttle would take me home and pick me up. Never went back. They are a very small dealership. And don't even bother looking at any vettes to buy there. They were marking up C7's for $10K the first and second year. No idea now but heck no!
Old 03-08-2018, 03:05 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

AHP...talk to Kohle. He works with GMPP, GMEPP, and many other warranty companies. Full service shop that knows transmissions, especially the C6Z.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:42 PM
Fifedogg
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Check out Rydell Chevrolet. They have some awesome tech's there. I take my ZR1 to Donny all the time. He has done motor swaps, Clutches etc for me and always does an amazing job. He 's been working on Corvettes for many many years and very knowledgeable of everything Corvette.

Get notified of new replies

To Mountain View Chevrolet?

Quick Reply: Mountain View Chevrolet?