Southern California Southern California

Need shop recommendation in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 02:35 PM
PhysicsTeacher
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need shop recommendation in San Diego

My son recently moved to San Diego and bought a '79 L82 with 110,000 miles to use as his daily driver. Prior to this, he hadn't owned a car in 10 years. He had the car inspected by an independent Corvette shop before he bought it. Unfortunately, a couple of rods let go within weeks of his purchase.

Our plan is buy a GM Goodwrench crate motor (long block). Before we do that, we need to find a reputable shop to install it.

I'm in the Orlando area, so I have no knowledge of San Diego and no experience with the CARB regulations.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Last edited by PhysicsTeacher; 04-11-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:42 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

I highly encourage you to reach out to Kohle at American Heritage Performance (AHP). I lived in SoCal my whole life up until a couple years ago, and was along-time San Diego resident...AHP is a couple hour drive north of SD (south bay area of Los Angeles), but very much worth the drive. Kohle knows more than just late model corvettes, and AHP is a full service shop. I think he built a C3 for his father, so I'm sure he can offer recommendations for you and your son. Highly recommend AHP...

https://www.americanheritageperformance.com
Old 04-11-2018, 07:05 PM
boltvette
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Kohle's very good - he's done work for me. But Larry Hofer at the Corvette Shop in San Diego is a lot closer. I would have your son contact him first. If Larry can't meet your schedule, Kohle's the guy.

Get notified of new replies

To Need shop recommendation in San Diego

Quick Reply: Need shop recommendation in San Diego