Southern California Southern California

Any speed shops, hot rod scene in San Jacinto/Hemet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 08:51 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Any speed shops, hot rod scene in San Jacinto/Hemet?

Feedback appreciated.

Anybody worry about driving nice iron in that area? May have to stay down there temporarily...some ok pockets but damn some real chitty areas I wouldnt want to have to stop and get gas around there.
Hows the general area right about San Jacinto college?

Last edited by cv67; 10-15-2018 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:12 PM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Nevermind, after a visit or 2 out there that entire valley is a poor choice to be unless you are armed and wear body armor..tweaker and ex con central lol.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:29 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Nevermind, after a visit or 2 out there that entire valley is a poor choice to be unless you are armed and wear body armor..tweaker and ex con central lol.
Clearly you don't live out here . Riverside where I am at has similar if not worse violent crime rates to Oakland

I don't leave the house with my body armor though
Old 11-09-2018, 09:02 PM
tstad9i1
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Friday night on Florida Ave. You wouldn't even want to leave your car unattended at the Walgreen's parking lot. Was actually a pretty decent place ... 20 years ago.

Last edited by tstad9i1; 11-09-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:16 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by tstad9i1
Friday night on Florida Ave. You wouldn't even want to leave your car unattended at the Walgreen's parking lot. Was actually a pretty decent place ... 20 years ago.
Sorry I have lived in the IE since I was 5 in 1986. I don't ever remember it being a nice place to live versus where we came from in Huntington Beach. It is definitely much worse now but more from overcrowding than anything. When I was 16 we could drive 100 mph from Lake Elsinore to Corona and never see a cop and barely see a car. Now you can't even drive the speed limit.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:06 AM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Human trafficking and abduction of women/children out there is shocking
Sure at one time it was a quiet retirement community. Have yet to stop into one gas station or plaza without getting approached by some scam artist or dope fiend.
Guess thats why a nice home is dirt cheap...actually half of what my 1 br apt runs out here.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:54 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Human trafficking and abduction of women/children out there is shocking
Sure at one time it was a quiet retirement community. Have yet to stop into one gas station or plaza without getting approached by some scam artist or dope fiend.
Guess thats why a nice home is dirt cheap...actually half of what my 1 br apt runs out here.
Our real estate agent advised us not to even bother buying rentals out there because of the issues you will have evicting people. At one point you could buy a house in Hemet for $60k.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:23 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

OK folks, I bought my first rentals in 2009 in Hemet and San Jacinto, I live up the hill in Idyllwild, so it's close to over see, but far enough away to be able to relax...

Just a few quick FACT checks from someone who knows that market inside and out. Yes, there are some terrible places to buy property in that town, and some REALLY undesirable tenants you don't want to rent to. On the other hand, there are some really decent areas to buys property there, and providing you do your homework prier to renting out your property, you can also find some pretty decent tenants...

I could go on, but have other work to do...

As far far as speed shops, Josh at JP has a dyno, and does a decent job, not to mention Ryne Cunningham will go there to tune.

Get notified of new replies

To Any speed shops, hot rod scene in San Jacinto/Hemet?

Quick Reply: Any speed shops, hot rod scene in San Jacinto/Hemet?