Sears Point Event July 20-22, 2001

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 02:08 AM
CALVette
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Just back from Sears Point, BE CAREFUL driving around the track. I screwed up a rocker panel near the entrance to the corral.
As you go up the hill past the pits you'll see an arch with a bunch international flags on it, that's the entrance to the corral. As you make your right off the road BE CAREFUL if you hit next road wrong you will bottom out (my car is not lowered) like I did.
The Corral is very small and it will be first come first serve. The NCM tent is very small also no chairs no tables as of today. If your going to hang around the corral you better bring a chair. My guess is the corral will hold 75 to 100 cars, but I only took a quick look around so I could be wrong. Other then the small corral and some bumps to watch out for the place is great. Lots of good places to see the race from and great free grandstand seating. The track open at 7am and I think you'll see a few Corvette's in line about that time, but not me I'm taking my pick-up truck tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by CALVette (edited 07-21-2001).]
Old 07-21-2001, 03:14 AM
4DCYKEY
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ray,

Seriously, are the roads that bad? If so, I'll drive the wife's 4x4 instead of my car. I don't want to cause damage to the car by parking in the corral or having to travel over $hitty roads...

Herb

Originally Posted by CALVette
Just back from Sears Point, BE CAREFUL driving around the track...Other then the small corral and some bumps to watch out for the place is great...I'm taking my pick-up truck tomorrow.

[/color]

Old 07-21-2001, 09:20 AM
CALVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Herb,

I was the only one that had a problem (that I know of), you just have to BE CAREFUL. I was coming down the hill and made a left into the area and it was like diving over a curb. If I would have been watching what I was doing I'd been OK. In the corral you'll be parking on green grass, the other lots past (up the hill) the corral are very smooth dirt lots. They have water trucks working to keep the dust down.
OK, I'm taking the Corvette again today.

Old 07-21-2001, 07:35 PM
CALVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Great day at the track today, they are guiding cars around the drop off that did in my rocker panel yesterday.
Outstanding mix of people and cars and everyone talking Corvette's,
C1 to C5"s all looking great.
If you coming out tomorrow come early and park on the grass first come first serve.
Today BMW's out numbered Corvette's on the grass and they wanted to take some our space tomorrow.
Come on out and enjoy a day with your Corvette.

Old 07-21-2001, 10:15 PM
c5ragtop
Pro

CALVette,

Just got my DSL back up and on-line. I see you updated everyone on the parkign situation. I'll see you tomorrow a.m.

Quick Reply: Sears Point Event July 20-22, 2001