Southern California Southern California

Big Bear Bash

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2001, 04:45 PM
JIM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.K. who's planning on going to the Big Bear Bash?Vintage Corvettes will be caravaning up on thursday,leaving form Coco's(118fwy & sepulveda)at 8am. There will also be a 3peat in the Volleyball tournament!!!

Old 07-12-2001, 09:25 PM
C5Dave
Racer

North Coast Vettes--Carlsbad has 22 People PRE-REGISTERED ( 11 Cars ) and Included in SOME COMPETITIONS.

There is Even a RUMOR that ELVIS "Might" have Priscilla With Him This Year ...Stand By

We Have Several On The "Fence" that might Join In For the Festivities without Entering The Show Or Ralley Competitions, Numbers to be Determined.

Two Caravans are Planned, One on THURSDAY and One on FRIDAY out of North San Diego County.

ANY JOINERS ARE WELCOME...Either Day...
Just Give a SHOUT and JOIN The Group.

BOTH Caravans will Use Hiway 38 Through Redlands, Mentone, and Up The Hill "THE BACK-WAY"...REALLY one of the Best Roads in So Cal To PLAY On !

Those Headed for the "Sears Point" Event... We'll MISS YOU,,,, Have Funnn,,,, and Hope to Catch Ya All Next Year for a Return to the BEST TRADITIONAL SO CAL EVENT THERE IS... (Year 19, this Year for the BIG BEAR BASH)

HEY JIM...Vince and Eddy Say That "YOUR" Vollyball "WIN" is FAR FROM "IN THE BAG". STAND BY...SEE YA THERE !

Old 07-15-2001, 01:50 AM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad to say we won't make it this year, due to complications like picking up Karen's new Z06, my HS reunion, etc. Big week in our lives!

But we did it last year, and the BBB is awesome! If you are in CA/NV/AZ, you should be there!
======================================== ====
'00 MagRed Coupe
Museum delivery, a4, z51, 3.15, hud
Courtesy of Karl Johanson!
tric, corsa touring pro, C&R x-pipe, export lights, V1, tts Powerloaded, Pilot Sports
'93 Torch Coupe bone stock, right down to the GSC's, for sale
'69 Coupe de Ville needs work, for sale
'99 Chrysler 300m to be replaced by Karen's 2001 Silver Z06, 7/18/01
Thanks again, Karl!

http://www.northcoastvettes.org
Old 07-16-2001, 03:37 AM
Black ZR1
Team Owner

Some had reservations at the Majestic Moose Lodge. A few in my club did. The Lodge changed ownership and cancelled all the reservations. Some of the members wouldn't have known this until they arrived. Unfortunately, I can't get away that weekend. I called to cancel my reservation. That's how I heard about the mass cancellations. So, if you were going to stay there, you need to make other arrangements ASAP.

Old 07-16-2001, 04:25 AM
McShagger
Safety Car

When is this supposed to be? I think I can be there.
Old 07-16-2001, 12:25 PM
JIM
Burning Brakes

if any one needs rooms there are som left at hte frontier lodge 800-457-6401

Old 07-20-2001, 12:40 AM
McShagger
Safety Car

Well I have other plans for the weekend, but I could be part of the carravan if there is one on Friday. Who will be going up the mountain on Friday?
Old 07-20-2001, 05:01 PM
89_FX3_6-spd
Pro

Anyone cruising up Sat. Morning?
If so is there a meeting place.
Old 07-20-2001, 06:15 PM
BIGBLOCK62
Instructor

Three cars are meeting up at 10:30 AM at 405/133 interchange at the Alton offramt at the double tree parking lot if anyone is coming that way.

See ya there
Chuck

Old 07-21-2001, 01:17 AM
McShagger
Safety Car

Hey if your coming thru Redlands(you almost have to.) I would consider the part of the caravan from Redlands up most of the back side. Just make an estimated time you'll be here, I would like to join. But I am not staying up there. When you get close to the Inland Empire, listen to KCAL 96.7. It rocks!!! Then turn up that Bos stereo very loud.

Perhaps we could meet at the Albertsons super-market on Orange by the 10 freeway in Redlands. Its on the way to the 38. You would have to get off here anyways.
From Riverside 91sux interchange and Los Angeles areas
Take 10 East
Get off at Orange exit.
Go thru the stop sign to Orange st.
Turn right on Orange.
Albertsons will be on your left.

There is also a Trader Joes there if you need to pick up some good imported beer.

I will check back around 11pm or so.
Old 07-23-2001, 12:16 AM
X-ZZ4
Team Owner

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

I was there, were you????

Fun time at the car show in the church parking lot and cruisin' around the lake!!!!

Old 07-23-2001, 12:18 AM
X-ZZ4
Team Owner

Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by C5Dave:
[B
North Coast Vettes--Carlsbad has 22 People PRE-REGISTERED ( 11 Cars ) and Included in SOME COMPETITIONS.

There is Even a RUMOR that ELVIS "Might" have Priscilla With Him This Year ...Stand By [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

We Have Several On The "Fence" that might Join In For the Festivities without Entering The Show Or Ralley Competitions, Numbers to be Determined.

Two Caravans are Planned, One on THURSDAY and One on FRIDAY out of North San Diego County.

ANY JOINERS ARE WELCOME...Either Day...
Just Give a SHOUT and JOIN The Group.

BOTH Caravans will Use Hiway 38 Through Redlands, Mentone, and Up The Hill "THE BACK-WAY"...REALLY one of the Best Roads in So Cal To PLAY On !

Those Headed for the "Sears Point" Event... We'll MISS YOU,,,, Have Funnn,,,, and Hope to Catch Ya All Next Year for a Return to the BEST TRADITIONAL SO CAL EVENT THERE IS... (Year 19, this Year for the BIG BEAR BASH)

HEY JIM...Vince and Eddy Say That "YOUR" Vollyball "WIN" is FAR FROM "IN THE BAG". STAND BY...SEE YA THERE !

[/B][/color]
I think I saw you, were you on display at the car show???

Old 07-23-2001, 12:18 AM
X-ZZ4
Team Owner

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by BIGBLOCK62:
[B
Three cars are meeting up at 10]30 AM at 405/133 interchange at the Alton offramt at the double tree parking lot if anyone is coming that way.

See ya there
Chuck
[/B][/color]
Ok, I know I saw you, I recognize the plates!!!

Old 07-23-2001, 10:36 AM
BobG
Race Director

Received 3,572 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Hi folks...I was there...although it was late on Saturday...missed all the activities, but it was neat to see all the vettes around town. I didn't know about this till sat afternoon, but will certainly be there next year.

Interesting point though...all the C4/C5's were happy to wave at me, but passed a few C2/C3's that simply ignored me. Is this common?
Old 07-23-2001, 09:19 PM
C5Dave
Racer

THIS WAS A FANTASTIC WEEKEND....THANKS TO ALL FROM CORVETTES WEST FOR THE HARD WORK....VERY COOL WEEKEND FULL OF GOOD FUN FOR ALL. All the Corvettes West Kids Deserve a BIG THANK YOU. ERIK AND T.C. Have Vowed to take Next Year Off...They Deserve it.

Dave Wicks and Bob Wiltsey have only One thing to say to Sensi Earl and Bob as a Result of the Horseshoe Match which was Great Fun....LEANER, LEANER, LEANER.

"ELVIS" from North Coast Vettes-- CARLSBAD did an Exceptional Job This Year...THANKS J.D.

Unlike Last Year when Dave and Kimberly took the SECOND PLACE TROPHY at the Car Ralley on Sunday for Being 2 Minutes Behind the Winners and with ALL the Gimmik Questions RIGHT....

DAVE AND KIMBERLY TOOK FIRST PLACE THIS YEAR with ALL QUESTIONS CORRECT ....and a TIME OF 2 Hours and 3 Minutes....Those of You Who Know Kimberly Can Assume that Her Lips Met Her Ears with A BIG SMILE when They Announced Our Win This Year....SHE SAYS SHE"LL BE READY TO TAKE ON ALL CHALLENGES NEXT YEAR JUST LIKE DAD LIKES IT !

CONGRATULATIONS to ALLEN and ERNIE for spending Much More Time on "Details" than the rest of us....AND TO ALL the WINNERS of GREAT TROPHYS at the CAR SHOW ....BIG BEAR DIRT REALLY CAN "MESS UP" the detail work done before heading up the Hill...And So It Goes...

ALREADY LOOKING FORWARD to 2002 in Big Bear, and THANKS AGAIN to Corvettes West for All The Hard Work....

Old 07-24-2001, 01:36 AM
steve@work
Instructor

Dave - sorry we missed BBB this year, but it was for a "worthy" cause!

Karen's Z06 is just an awesome beast: it is, bar none (my car included), the best highway car I've EVER driven, in terms of how "planted" it feels. (Yes, she has let me take the wheel from time-to-time.) It does have considerable road noise on some surfaces, but I think overall it rides much better than a stock Z51 with EMT's over just about any highway surface you put it on.

Today we went from southeast Denver to St. George, UT. Give or take, 640 miles. Elapsed time 10 hours. Excluding lunch at Mom's Cafe in Salina, UT, potty breaks, gas refills and driver changes, total time on the highway was probably about 8.5 hours. Do the math to compute average speed. (We're holding back a little on top speed due to concerns about having the bra on the car, and not wanting the thing to come loose at 100+ and beat the crap outta the paint.)

Average fuel consumption for the trip from Memphis so far has been around 23mpg. Today we got 25mpg, and were rarely UNDER 90mph.

I gotta get me one of these!

Home tomorrow (Tuesday). We should be there by noon Pacific time. Get the bugs off and start to Zaino....

Count two more 'vettes at Big Bear next year!
========================================

steve hummel, 2000 MagRed Coupe
grannyz, 2001 QuickSilver Z06

[and assorted other vehicles...]

Old 07-24-2001, 11:57 AM
89_FX3_6-spd
Pro

Yes [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]
Really nice area, we had never been.

Old 07-24-2001, 08:08 PM
C5Dave
Racer

Steve and Karen:

I hope that by the time you see this it is safe to say WELCOME HOME.

WE ALL MISSED YOU GUYS at Big Bear, But the Run From Memphis in a New Z06 would clearly have been More Fun for sure.

When is the Zaino Party, We'll Try to Organize the Group for "Labor" help, some Pizza and Beer ( on us this time ) and to Hear All About the ROAD TRIP.

C5Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Big Bear Bash

Quick Reply: Big Bear Bash