Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Anyone else in DFW need to have their windows tinted / re-tinted?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 12:47 PM
ST31
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone else in DFW need to have their windows tinted / re-tinted?

I will be taking the Supra in for a strip and re-tint. I found a shop in Frisco that does good work and uses 3M tint with the lifetime warranty.

Anyone else needing work done? I am also getting some of the Supra guys together so we can get some form of a volume deal from the shop.

Last edited by ST31; 01-03-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:59 PM
ST31
Drifting

Just got off the phone with the guy again. $150 out the door (Tax Included) for the 3M lifetime for strip and re-tint with a backed warranty. They also soak the tint to remove and not cause damage to the defrosters. Looks like we have five as of now between us and the Supra guys. Feel free to contact Paul directly about any questions you may have. (expertint 972-712-3636 http://www.expertint.net/) Be sure to tell him you are with Corvette Forums.

BTW, I am not getting anything out of this deal, and will be paying the same price as anyone else. They are not doing my car for free.

Jim

Last edited by ST31; 01-03-2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Can they do the "black dot" area better than most others?
Old 01-03-2006, 03:09 PM
ST31
Drifting

Originally Posted by Blue Demon
Can they do the "black dot" area better than most others?
Honestly I am not sure. I just dropped mine off a few minutes ago. Once it is done I will post some pictures.

They did have a nice looking ZR1 sitting in the bay while I was there.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:14 PM
C6-CYa
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 146 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'09-', '22

How does the tint look Jim?

I had my C6 done, but I'm not happy with the job. I hear the back is real tough though, so it may not get any better.

Steve
Old 01-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by C6-CYa
How does the tint look Jim?
I had my C6 done, but I'm not happy with the job. I hear the back is real tough though, so it may not get any better.
Steve
Yes, a report would be good.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:49 PM
ST31
Drifting

Originally Posted by Blue Demon
Yes, a report would be good.
They just finished up the removal. They will be installing the new film tomorrow morning. I will post some pictures once I get it back.

I asked him about how well they were at tinting the dots on the vettes. He said that they have had good success at it and do it one of three ways (1 piece, separate piece around the dots, or filling in the area around the dots so that it is solid). It works best for them to install it on hot days so they can work with the tint to get it to adhere with the dots the best.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Dark-Knight
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Jim! Met you at Crusiers with some of the other guys at Thursday lunch. If the tint did not work out you may want to check Texas Best Window Tinting, 972/288-1639, right off 635 in Mesquite. Ryder Fedric has been doing tint for 25 years, works out his home. Did the tint on mine and 2 of the guys rides who joined us for lunch. All are very pleased, including me.

How did the shock install go on your Camero?
Old 01-07-2006, 01:28 PM
ST31
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dark-Knight
Hey Jim! Met you at Crusiers with some of the other guys at Thursday lunch. If the tint did not work out you may want to check Texas Best Window Tinting, 972/288-1639, right off 635 in Mesquite. Ryder Fedric has been doing tint for 25 years, works out his home. Did the tint on mine and 2 of the guys rides who joined us for lunch. All are very pleased, including me.

How did the shock install go on your Camero?
I remember. Great meeting you as well.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys. The tint came out great. I need to wash the car and will post some after pics.

Finally got some new shocks on the Camaro and put new brake shoes and master cylinder in it yesterday. Have not had a chance to really drive it since.

Today I will be running around in the vette taking advantage of yet another incredible afternoon.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:04 AM
TOPGON
Racer

Would you know if ryder fredic has any experience with the C6 rear window Dot Matrix area??
Old 01-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Dark-Knight
Race Director

He did my C5 rear, one sheet of tint and did a very nice job on the Dots. I don't know about a C6, I do personally know a about a half dozen folks who have had work done and all are very satisfied.

Suggest you give him a call and ask about his work on C6's. Pls post back to let us know.

Good luck!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Dallas Vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Young Chevrolet on I-30 uses Moon Shadow to do their tinting. They did a silver metallic tint all around on mine including a one piece on the rear that is sweet. They have pictures! They even knew how to do the window indexing right! They have several locations including North Dallas but remember, tint is put on by an individual, not a company. It is only going to be as good as the installer. For the back window skills are IMPERATIVE. I even had somebody stop me at a gas station once and asked "Are you the guy that had this tint done at Moon Shadow?" True story....I let them take pictures of it at the time so they are probably on file...No bubbling problems on the dots....been a year now.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:06 PM
slow99
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dallas Vette

[Young Chevrolet on I-30 uses Moon Shadow to do their tinting. They did a silver metallic tint all around on mine including a one piece on the rear that is sweet. They have pictures! They even knew how to do the window indexing right! They have several locations including North Dallas but remember, tint is put on by an individual, not a company. It is only going to be as good as the installer. For the back window skills are IMPERATIVE. I even had somebody stop me at a gas station once and asked "Are you the guy that had this tint done at Moon Shadow?" True story....I let them take pictures of it at the time so they are probably on file...No bubbling problems on the dots....been a year now.
it's gotta be all about the tinter then, b/c i used moonshadow buckner location and am not happy with mine.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else in DFW need to have their windows tinted / re-tinted?

Quick Reply: Anyone else in DFW need to have their windows tinted / re-tinted?