Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Oklahoma Corvette "Get Together" at Hallett Raceway Aug26. Everyone Invited!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 12:45 AM
FRISKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Oklahoma Corvette "Get Together" at Hallett Raceway Aug26. Everyone Invited!

This is not an "official" meeting, just a little "get together" of some Corvette enthusiasts.

COMMA and the High Speed Touring class will be racing that Sunday at Hallett.
http://www.hallettracing.com

A few of us from the Corvette Forum thought it would be nice to meet each other and watch the races.
It will be a lot of fun and you might even decide to race your street car in High Speed Touring once you see how easy and fun it is!

EDIT************************************ *****************

I'm thinking that I might get there early and run my new 2002 Z06 on the track in High Speed Touring. I know I will be slow as I am still getting used to the car and have never raced at Hallett. HST is not a real side by side, timed "race", (So no problem with insurance or warrantys.) it is just a chance to get your car, whatever it is, on the track for some fun.

[Modified by FRISKY, 7:46 AM 8/14/2001]
Old 08-07-2001, 08:51 AM
bassfisher
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Oklahoma Corvette "Get Together" at Hallett Raceway Aug26. Everyone Invited! (FRISKY)

Looks interesting - I'd be definitely interested in driving more than watching.

I checked out the website and it didn't say anything about needing roll bars in verts in High speed touring - can you confirm?
Old 08-07-2001, 09:25 AM
FRISKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Oklahoma Corvette "Get Together" at Hallett Raceway Aug26. Everyone Invited! (bassfisher)

I will check to make sure, but I dont think they are required on High Speed Touring.
Old 08-08-2001, 12:20 PM
Pigface1
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08

Default Re: Oklahoma Corvette "Get Together" at Hallett Raceway Aug26. Everyone Invited! (FRISKY)

I've been trying to do this deal for the past couple of months. .I think they have them once a month.

My understanding is you just need a helmet, long pants and a long sleeved shirt, and you must attend the school before hand. (on the same day) You may pass, but only with a signal from the other driver, etc. . It's a pretty controlled environment.

Old 08-09-2001, 01:36 AM
DraftMe
Burning Brakes

Frisky, I plan on being there. I'll probably bring the 64. I'll see you there. :cheers:
Old 08-13-2001, 11:25 PM
zero2sixtyin4.5
Racer

I went to the Tulsa Vette Set 30th birthday bash at Hallett in July. It was a blast. I recommend going!!! It really gives you a sense of pride in what these cars can really do!

Get notified of new replies

To Oklahoma Corvette "Get Together" at Hallett Raceway Aug26. Everyone Invited!

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Corvette "Get Together" at Hallett Raceway Aug26. Everyone Invited!