Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Hooters Vette Show, Oct 21 [Texas]

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 12:09 AM
Tweety
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hooters Vette Show, Oct 21

Yes, it is that time again. The Sam Houston Corvette Club is holding their Annual Fall Vette Show at Hooters on Oct. 21.

Where: Hooters - I45 and FM 1960
When: Oct. 21, 2001
Time: Registration 10-12
Awards at 3
Cost: $20

Free t-shirts and dash plaques to first 50 to register. Lots of Door prizes. 50/50 jar to benefit a local charity.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies in each class plus a Hooters Choice trophy.

Classes are:
Classics 52-62
Mid-years 63-67
Early C3 68-72
Late C3 73-82
C4 Convertibles 84-96
C4 Coupes 84-96
C5 Convertible 97-02
C5 Coupes 97-02
C5 Hardtops 97-02
Modified all years
Custom all years

We had a great turn out last year, 80+ Vettes. You don't want to miss it.

For more info email me at tweety94@houston.rr
Old 08-19-2001, 09:03 AM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

Default Re: Hooters Vette Show, Oct 21 (Tweety)

I will mark my calendar.
Old 08-20-2001, 07:22 PM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Default Re: Hooters Vette Show, Oct 21 (Tom/99)

I might be there. ;)
Old 08-31-2001, 03:53 AM
GlockLT4
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do we get a preview of the hOOters before we think about driving there ?? :D :D :cheers:
Old 09-04-2001, 10:17 PM
Snowman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Default Re: Hooters Vette Show, Oct 21 (Glock'94)

That's a Sunday right? I'll be there. Will bring the C5. If I can get someone to help, might bring the other cars too. Email me if you are currently Vetteless and want to help out.

Snowman
Old 09-05-2001, 03:58 AM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Default Re: Hooters Vette Show, Oct 21 (Snowman)

That's a Sunday right? I'll be there. Will bring the C5. If I can get someone to help, might bring the other cars too. Email me if you are currently Vetteless and want to help out.

Snowman
Thanks for the warning. ;)
Old 09-06-2001, 02:01 PM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Let's see how this troll stuff works......

:troll "ttt" :troll

:jester :cheers:
Old 09-11-2001, 02:37 AM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Default Re: Hooters Vette Show, Oct 21 (JWSchmidt3)

Since everyone likes to plan so far ahead:

"ttt"

:rolleyes: :cheers:
Old 09-11-2001, 09:37 AM
Corvette SSX
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I'm looking forward to the show. Sam Houston Corvette Club always puts on first class shows.

One question though. What is the difference between the modified and custom classes?
Old 09-11-2001, 10:15 AM
99 Torch Coupe
Pro

I would like to know the answer to this also
Old 09-11-2001, 05:34 PM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Default Re: Hooters Vette Show, Oct 21 (CorvetteSS)

One question though. What is the difference between the modified and custom classes?
David, I brought this up at our last board meeting. I am not on the car show committee, so I can't give you specific details as to the class breakdown. Past shows have been a little "loose" in determining classes, but this show and future shows should be a bit more class predetermined. Quite honestly, I believe you, Donald and myself are "modified" cars and will probably be classed as such. "Custom" cars IMO, should be cars with custom paint jobs or 2 or more altered body panels, such as LawDog, Doug (Snowman) and cars alike. I'm sure any comments or suggestions you post here will be considered and/or discussed as SHCC wants to continue to make this show the best of it's kind in the Houston area. The C5 class will be expanded to accommodate more entries with Vert, FRC & coupe classes I believe. Hope this helps or answers you questions.

[Modified by JWSchmidt3, 3:35 PM 9/11/2001]
Old 09-12-2001, 08:59 AM
99 Torch Coupe
Pro

Well that's a different way to split them up . . . . but hey I don't attend too many to know what typical is :rolleyes:
Old 09-12-2001, 01:01 PM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Default Re: Hooters Vette Show, Oct 21 (99 Torch Coupe)

Well that's a different way to split them up . . . . but hey I don't attend too many to know what typical is :rolleyes:
If you have a better way, feel free to elaborate. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Old 09-12-2001, 06:10 PM
99 Torch Coupe
Pro

John, I guess my one cent worth is any car with changed/modified body parts or custom paint is considered custom. Folks with painted interior trim or engine compartment pieces, decal, etc would be considered modified. Otherwise how do you break out the pure stock cars from ones with the types of changes above?

I’m not going to tell SHCC how to class or run a show, I feel that I have no right to tell you guys how to do it. My past experience is that SHCC puts on a top notch show and every club does their show a bit different, why, as a non-member, should I give unsolicited opinions on something that works? But as long as you asked, typically in bigger show outside of Houston I have attended I seen classes as follows:

Wash & Show – Judged with hood closed and windows down (basically bone stock, maybe a front and rear decal or air bag decals).
Show & Shine – Judged with hood open no more than four modifications (chrome engine parts are one, painted engine parts are one, decals are one, painted interior parts are one, different wheels, etc, etc,)
Modified – More than five changes
Custom – More than five changes, different body panel(s), additional/custom paint, changed or modified engines.
Race – Race cars

One of the reason I like this is the folks with mostly bone stock cars compete against very similar cars. Most folks with Vettes don’t spend the money we have in our car, they just like to do a show now and then with the rest of the club members and they don’t want to have to compete against cars with mods.

Now as I said previously, SHCC has put on great shows in the past, I would never consider changing the way you guys do it for the upcoming show, but maybe in the future. Additionally, your shows are friends choice and the classes I indicated assume judges. Just my opinion. :crazy:
Old 09-12-2001, 07:30 PM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Additionally, your shows are friends choice and the classes I indicated assume judges. Just my opinion. :crazy:
SHCC shows are "people's" choice. I won my first show with no affiliation to SHCC and knew no one at the show. I'm so sick of hearing this crap about how club shows are club favored. I win because I have the best looking car in my class, period. I don't solicit votes like many people do, in fact, I don't even stand by my car hardly during a show. I don't need to solicit votes, as my car speaks for itself.

John, I guess my one cent worth is any car with changed/modified body parts or custom paint is considered custom. Folks with painted interior trim or engine compartment pieces, decal, etc would be considered modified. Otherwise how do you break out the pure stock cars from ones with the types of changes above?
In a show like Autorama or one where you may have 20-30 custom/modified cars, your point is very valid. But, for the sake of not overloading a category, it makes sense to evenly distribute car classes, especially with the number of cars that are usually in these classes. If changes to body panels are so subtle that people have to ask, then I think those cars should be modified. If it is blatantly obvious, I think those cars should be custom. Why would just a hood make me custom (as an example)?? It's open and the effect of it is worthless. Most people don't even realize it's not stock. It really doesn't matter to me. My original point was to demonstrate the effort of making the classes evenly competitive. As usual, you can't please everyone and those who are unhappy about it, will make their comments anyways. :cheers:
Old 09-12-2001, 09:37 PM
99 Torch Coupe
Pro

If you have a better way, feel free to elaborate.
Gee John nothing like asking for an opinion and when it doesn't conform to yours you get defensive! From now on I'll keep my opinions to myself when you ask. :cry
Old 09-12-2001, 11:20 PM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

If you have a better way, feel free to elaborate.

Gee John nothing like asking for an opinion and when it doesn't conform to yours you get defensive! From now on I'll keep my opinions to myself when you ask. :cry
:nopity :nopity :nopity

Get notified of new replies

To Hooters Vette Show, Oct 21 [Texas]

Old 09-13-2001, 11:37 AM
Corvette SSX
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08

JW, I guess you'll actually be in the custom class as you have more than one body mod. I believe that the RK Sport gills are cosidered a body mod. Man, that's too bad as I was really looking forward to being in your class. :D Oh well, you'll have plenty of competition with Snowman and Lawdog.

Old 09-13-2001, 01:14 PM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Default Re: Hooters Vette Show, Oct 21 (CorvetteSS)

Man, that's too bad as I was really looking forward to being in your class. :D
You must be getting used to that 2nd place trophy then. ;) Also, last I checked, stripes were considered a body mod, along with your rear facia. :yesnod: That equals more than 1 in my book. :seeya
Old 09-13-2001, 02:56 PM
Corvette SSX
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08

1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, no place, it's all the same to me (besides, I'm running out of room for trophies). I just have fun at the shows. It's not the trophy that matters, it's spending time with other car nuts that I enjoy.

My car is 1st place to me which is what really matters the most. See you at the show. :cheers:

[Modified by CorvetteSS, 12:57 PM 9/13/2001]

Quick Reply: Hooters Vette Show, Oct 21 [Texas]