Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2001, 03:15 PM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!!

Details:

On Saturday, September 29th, Meet at the Razoos/Bone Daddys parking lot (SW corner of I-75/Spring Valley intersection) next to the movie theater in North Dallas. Hang out, talk Vettes, etc., for a while until everyone shows up.

Then as a group, cruise over to Chuck's in Grapevine.http://www.chuckscruise.com/

I think it would be a great idea for showing our support for America if everyone could put a flag on their Vette during the cruise.
:flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag

We will leave the Razoos/Bone Daddys meeting spot in time to get to Chucks between 5pm and 7pm.

:seeya

[Modified by TargaC5, 9:51 AM 9/24/2001]
Old 09-23-2001, 03:18 PM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!! (TargaC5)

Oh, I forgot to mention what time to start meeting. How does 3pm sound? Too early/late?
Old 09-23-2001, 05:16 PM
WildKarrde
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!! (TargaC5)

Sounds great. I'll try to be there.
Old 09-23-2001, 05:37 PM
YellowRacer
Burning Brakes

3:00 sounds good to me too! I don't have a car flag though :(

[Modified by YellowRacer, 9:37 PM 9/23/2001]
Old 09-23-2001, 05:42 PM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!! (YellowRacer)

Cool! Check out this link: http://www.flagcaddie.com/

I'm going to see if they can ship me a set by Friday.

Old 09-23-2001, 06:39 PM
89AusVette
Racer

They look great, but only take checks and money orders "allow 2-3 weeks for delivery" don't sound good!!! :cheers:
Old 09-23-2001, 06:47 PM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!! (89AusVette)

They look great, but only take checks and money orders "allow 2-3 weeks for delivery" don't sound good!!! :cheers:
I sent them an e-mail today to find out if they have them in stock and if I could get express delivery. Hopefully they'll get back with me early this week. If not, I'll try and find some "universal" car flags (the kind that attach to the window or something like that) as a backup.

FYI: Here are the contact e-mail addresses for that company:
'flagcaddie@aol.com'
'DougsCaddie@aol.com'

Old 09-23-2001, 08:28 PM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

All you gals/guys outside of the D/FW area are also invited. That includes you owners in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Lubbock, Abilene, Wichita Falls, and Waco to name a few.

Even if you can't meet us in North Dallas for the cruise, you can still meet us in Grapevine or you could try and hook up with us somewhere along the way.

:seeya
Old 09-23-2001, 10:23 PM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!! (89AusVette)

They just called me. Here's the deal...

They only take check/cash but no credit cards (small company, I suppose). As soon as they receive the check they can FedEx the flags/mounting hardware back to me.

Based on my conversation with them, I'm going to FedEx a check to them for the price of the product + an additional amount (equal to the amount FedEx is going to charge me to send the check) to cover the shipping charge. He told me they can fit the flags/mounting hardware into a single envelope and it's very light weight so their charge to ship it to me should be the same as what it costs me to send the check.

One last thing... they have them in stock for immediately delivery once they get the check.

Old 09-24-2001, 12:16 AM
WildKarrde
Melting Slicks

Then as a group, cruise over to Chuck's in Grapevine, TX for the Chucks 4th Saturday Cruise Night.
Are you absolutely sure Chuck's is having a Cruis-in? I ask because the 29th is actually the 5th Saturday of September. But I would like to see a get together regardless.
Old 09-24-2001, 01:24 AM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!! (WildKarrde)

Are you absolutely sure Chuck's is having a Cruis-in? I ask because the 29th is actually the 5th Saturday of September. But I would like to see a get together regardless.
Good catch! I got that "4th Saturday" thing off their website.

Well, if they weren't planning on having one, they are now.
:cheers:

It'll be a fun cruise!

-TargaC5
Old 09-24-2001, 09:43 AM
RubyRedTX
Racer

Default Re: Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!! (WildKarrde)

Then as a group, cruise over to Chuck's in Grapevine, TX for the Chucks 4th Saturday Cruise Night.

OUCH!!! Ya know, I bet you're correct. That IS the fifth Saturday. It's all my fault too. I started the conversation about Chuck's. I even got a message from a friend over the weekend that he was going to Chuck's this past Saturday and was asking if I was going. I left him a message saying it was this coming Saturday. I AM SO SORRY. I need to do a better job at watching the calendar. I just hope that 89AusVette isn't too mad at me. Guess I'll keep my mouth shut for awhile.

In regards to Flag Caddie, do be aware, those flags are for show only. I have two sets of them. They will not remain on your car at highway speeds. They are great flags though.
Old 09-24-2001, 11:49 AM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!! (RubyRedTX)

That's cool. Well, this way we'll have more Corvettes at Chucks since it was a Mustang hosted cruise-in on the 4th Saturday if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the info about the Flag Caddie. I guess I'll have to have two sets, one for show and one for go. :D
Old 09-24-2001, 12:00 PM
RubyRedTX
Racer

I have two sets meaning, I bought the ones to mount on the top of the windshield and I already had the other set that mounts where my top latches down. Sorry again about the Chuck's confusion and that we missed it. There should be a show elsewhere in town this Saturday.
Old 09-24-2001, 12:29 PM
DLSCWBYVT
Drifting

Default Re: Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!! (RubyRedTX)

I too was under the impression that the Chucks show in Grapevine was this coming weekend! Boy - was I wrong! DOH! I am pissed that I missed it. I found out on Sunday!! :mad

If everyone is trying to hook up this weekend though - that sounds good to me!
Old 09-24-2001, 02:40 PM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!! (DLSCWBYVT)

If everyone is trying to hook up this weekend though - that sounds good to me!
:yesnod:
Yup!

:cheers:
Old 09-24-2001, 09:25 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Targa,
I will carry this to the C3 site for some real cars to show up. :cool: I will meet you guy's at Bone Daddy's for drinks. Please wear corvette shirts....it's hard to tell who everyone is without the tell tell vette shirts.
Budman

Get notified of new replies

To Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!!

Old 09-24-2001, 10:23 PM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!! (Budman78)

:lol:
Bring 'em on! The more the merrier.
Old 09-25-2001, 09:00 AM
Flight Test
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

My schedule may permit me to attend. See you there. :cheers:
Old 09-25-2001, 09:18 AM
Tex71BB
Burning Brakes

Since Chuck's isn't having a cruise, how about Keller's? It's always fun PLUS they sell beer!!!

Quick Reply: Dallas/Ft.Worth Cruise and Cruise-in - Saturday, September 29th!!!