Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Have any of you had your car painted by Frank Parra's bodyshop (in Irving, TX)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2001, 09:13 PM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Have any of you had your car painted by Frank Parra's bodyshop (in Irving, TX)?

My driver's side headlight cover and hood have some defective paint (from the factory). I bought the car at Frank Parra, so they're the ones that are going to do the work, if I give the green light. Have any of you had your Vette (or other car) painted by their bodyshop? How was the quality? I'm really concerned about it. They're planning on repainting the entire hood, both headlight covers, and possibly blending to the fenders/top of front bumper. They assured me that they use the same process as the factory, including a tinted clear coat (for my Millennium Yellow color). They bake the car in 1 of 3 completely sealed ovens.

There are some little spots on my driver's side headlight cover which are actually embedded in the paint. And my hood has about a 3-4 inch "streak" about as wide as a toothpick's width.

Thanks for the info,
Keith
Old 09-26-2001, 07:43 AM
TRR
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Have any of you had your car painted by Frank Parra's bodyshop (in Irving, TX)? (TargaC5)

I have a friend who had his 96 GS repaired and painted there. They did a very good job. I would not be afraid to have mine painted there. I also saw a 98 C5, (brand new), that they painted Yellow, and it looked great. They wanted an extra $10,000.00 for it.

MRR
Old 09-26-2001, 09:41 AM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Have any of you had your car painted by Frank Parra's bodyshop (MRR2)

MRR2, thanks for the info.

Get notified of new replies

To Have any of you had your car painted by Frank Parra's bodyshop (in Irving, TX)?

Quick Reply: Have any of you had your car painted by Frank Parra's bodyshop (in Irving, TX)?