Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Found my vandal, can someone lookup records on TX license plate?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 03:29 AM
Stalled Again
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found my vandal, can someone lookup records on TX license plate?

For those who remember my rice boy story of the vicious door dings, I found the car tonight. Took forever, but I found him! Have his tags now, so how can I find name and address?

Now for the story.

History: Went out for drinks after a LONG day with my manager one night. Time to leave, go outside, and NASTY piece of rice parked 5 inches from my door all crooked in the spot. Since I can't enter the car, I ask the bar manager to locate the owner to move the car so I can leave. He asks EVERYONE at the bar, no one confesses, I go back out, the car is gone but I have a big ugly scar on the drivers side door BSM's.

Update: Tonight I go to a bar across the street from the scene of the crime. Talk it up with the guy next to me for a while and go to leave. Interestingly enough the guy has a bandage around his head presumably from being wacked in the back of the head with a beer bottle over Texas/OU weekend. Leaving the lot, I find my culprit car! Get photos of the car, albeit next to useless in the dark lot, and leave a note on his dash. (window was open) Of course the note is on corvette emblemed notepad and reads "Now I know who you are and where you live rice boy. Next time you will think twice before vandalizing someones car."

I go to the end of the lot and wait a couple minutes, and sure enough the owner comes out and gets in, and it's the #@$^$@#^# I was chatting it up with in the bar! Wanted so bad just to go out and start something, but just drove away instead.

I want to send a bill for the damages to his house, so how does one go about getting the info from a tag #? Granted it may go nowhere, but the note and the letter follow up if nothing else will make him think twice about it in the future.

No, despite my very strong desire otherwise, the guy is not in any physical harm nor does he face any other retaliation other than legal recourse. If that were not the case, I would have beat him senseless in the lot tonight. (he was alone) Well, ok, next time I catch him out at a bar or somewhere, he will have a nasty verbal confrontation!

Old 10-10-2001, 11:12 AM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Received 1,620 Likes on 739 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
2019 C7 of Year Winner (stock)
Former Moderator
Cruise-In I-II-III Veteran

Default Re: Found my vandal, can someone lookup records on TX license plate? (Stalled Again)

I used to have a subscription to publicdata.com but not anymore. You can pay about $20 and lookup license plates there. Sometimes the data is old or not there, but I found 75% of the cars I looked up. I looked up alot of them too! Just for kicks most of the time.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:41 PM
C5j
Instructor

Default Re: Found my vandal, can someone lookup records on TX license plate? (Stalled Again)

:mad Be sure to let us know WHO this clown is! :mad
Old 10-10-2001, 02:34 PM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of ricer is it? I'll keep on the lookout for it so this doesn't happen to me too.
Old 10-10-2001, 03:20 PM
95vett
Racer

You have mail
Old 10-10-2001, 04:26 PM
leonm47
Burning Brakes

Go to your local DMV (Dept of Motor Vehicles) and they will give you the info. It's public info
Old 10-10-2001, 04:48 PM
Stalled Again
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Found my vandal, can someone lookup records on TX license plate? (TargaC5)

The car is easily recognizable. Red Honda Civic, bookshelf (double wing) spoiler, massive fart tube (had to be 6" at least), and a horrendous front fascia that looks like half of it is missing (bottom middle). Sticker wise the car is clean. (amazingly!)

I think I'm going to keep the tag private for now, don't want to get this guy in too much trouble! I think I have allready spooked him with the note. He sat in his car for a good 2 minutes reading it and looking around. Seemed a bit of a wuss.

Known to hang around far north Dallas, specifically Fox and Hound, Shuck & Jive, and Resevoir (scene of the crime) at Midway and Rosemeade. Per our conversation, he claims to spend a lot of time on lower greenville as well, I think the place is called Liquid.

May just have to spend a little time at the DMV. Somehow I get the feeling that it will take an hour to get to talk to someone who won't believe that they can hand out that info! Still, I would like to get this guys info. Ideally I'd like to just run across him again and have a little talk. Last night would have been a bad time to do it, was more than a bit hot tempered after finally finding him after roughly 3 months of searching.

Old 10-11-2001, 08:52 AM
RatRacer
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

The DPS will give you the info for a couple of bucks and about 10 minutes of waiting.
Old 10-11-2001, 11:15 PM
YellowRacer
Burning Brakes

I'm really sorry that happened to your car! Thanks for the location info, I go to those places sometimes.
Old 10-12-2001, 08:11 PM
DLSCWBYVT
Drifting

Stalled - Drop me a note :D
Old 10-13-2001, 08:09 PM
Wrecked82
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Do some searched on Texas, DPS, etc. There is a website that lets you put in a license number and you are given the registered owner. Been there for the same reason. Look, and I will also to see if I can find it.
Old 10-14-2001, 11:02 PM
K&B Motorsports
Drifting

Default Re: Found my vandal, can someone lookup records on TX license plate? (Larry82)

Stalled,

Give me a call, since we know where he hangs out, we can find him, estimate the damage, and collect on the spot :D. I suspect there's a couple of other north vetters who wouldn't mind helping collect. Unfortunately, you'll have a tough time collecting through the courts, and the PD probably won't touch it.

I suspect when confronted by the car he knows he damanged, and "friends" he'll be willing to settle equitably without incident. I'm not suggesting anything other than a quiet conversation where the evidence is evident, and an opporunity to make things right is given.

Simple but effective.

Old 10-14-2001, 11:46 PM
4cefed
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Found my vandal, can someone lookup records on TX license plate? (oracleguru)

I'm not suggesting anything other than a quiet conversation where the evidence is evident, and an opporunity to make things right is given.

Simple but effective.
Oh come on Oracleguru, lets just go and threaten him with bodily harm. Who knows we might get lucky and we will be able to kick his a**. Those anger management classes aren't doing any good. :crazy:
Old 10-15-2001, 01:45 AM
Stalled Again
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Found my vandal, can someone lookup records on TX license plate? (4cefed)

Oh come on Oracleguru, lets just go and threaten him with bodily harm. Who knows we might get lucky and we will be able to kick his a**. Those anger management classes aren't doing any good. :crazy:
You guys are funny! I know that there is next to zero chance of actually seeing any money from him legally, but I hope a little persuit will help make him a little more cautious around cars next time. It would be great to "gang up" on this fool, but at the same time, do you really want him going to all his other ricer buds and giving his tale? May start a spree of revenge against our rides. On the other hand, the manager at the bar of incident did say a girl saw the guy that night...perhaps I could get witness id and prosecute legally...

On a side note, after getting positively sick of seeing the scars everytime I got in/out of the car, I picked up a can of the touch up spray. The scar was a bit to big and rough for the tube variety. Wet sanded the area, masked it off, gave it a few coats of spray paint, sanded again, and though still a rough scar, it's at least red and doesn't stand out anymore. Still being jobless, I am to cheap right now to actually replace the BSM strip! My luck someone else will hit it right after I get it replaced too!

Kinda sucks, went to meet some friends at F&H this weekend, but made one of them come get me since I feared his presence and retribution in my absence.

Haven't found a free search yet on the web, and my other contacts have come up empty so far, so I may be following up on another of you guys offers. (see above comment about being unemployed and cheap right now!)

So whens the next get together? F&H was packed Sunday for football (don't folks realize it's hockey season now?), so we need a new location. And this weekend stinks since I am driving Ma' to OKC for some strange reason!

Old 10-16-2001, 05:02 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Stalled Again,

I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I can bench over 1.6 times my weight(which is 225lbs) and know a fair share of wrestling and freestyle fighting moves, so if that guy needs any encouragement in paying up, let me know. :D We can grab RAT, Bill, Joel, and a few other guys to also back you up. It sounds like you need some cash to fix your car up, so this would be the quickest and most effective way of getting that cash.

Also, did you happen to see any of your paint on that punk's Civic when you took the pictures and left the note? :mad
Old 10-20-2001, 03:34 AM
Stalled Again
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Found my vandal, can someone lookup records on TX license plate? (QUIKAG)

Also, did you happen to see any of your paint on that punk's Civic when you took the pictures and left the note? :mad
Thanks for the help! :D

I'm not exactly poor and broke, but I am pinching pennies right now out of concern! Hopefully I'll get another gig for similar money and still have a nice chunk of severance remaining. (Make a nice down payment on a new Z06 or perhaps later the C6!)

I did actually look at his passenger door for some indication of the incident, but did not see any. It was very tough to say though because the lot was VERY dark, and his car is a similar shade of the same color. Has me a bit perplexed since the way my door was hit repeatedly, you would think there would be some indication on his car, but I did not see it in the light I had.

I take it your an Aggie as well? Class of '92 here.

Get notified of new replies

To Found my vandal, can someone lookup records on TX license plate?

Quick Reply: Found my vandal, can someone lookup records on TX license plate?