Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

So when are the Tulsa forum members getting together again?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 10:34 PM
Patman36
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So when are the Tulsa forum members getting together again?????

We need to do something more car related like go to the drag strip or Hallett. I personally have NEVER gone to the drag strip and would only go if I had my fellow forum members support (and advice) :D. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? :confused: And of course this just isn't limited to us Tulsa folk ;)

Just wanted to start a discussion about this. I may have to add a few 'TTT' since this section is dominated by those darn Texans (;), I have family in Texas, okay? :D).

Patrick :seeya
Old 10-16-2001, 12:34 AM
RPO_Z06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: So when are the Tulsa forum members getting together again????? (Patman36)

You know the drag strip in Noble, Oklahoma (Thunder Vally) is very nice. :yesnod:
I'd like to see Frisky's '02 Z06 run.:D
Old 10-16-2001, 01:42 AM
jay17
Burning Brakes

Default Re: So when are the Tulsa forum members getting together again????? (Patman36)

A get together would be great :yesnod: I went to the drag strip on Friday for the first time. Didn't do so good, best time was a 14.3@100 :sad: :sad: darn 2.59s :rolleyes:
Old 10-16-2001, 03:44 AM
gears
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I pretty much go to the track(Tulsa international raceway)every weekend.has been my hobby for years.I plan to go friday eveing to the test and tune and race since I havent raced for awhile.Come on out.If it rains,im going to go saturday nite.
Old 10-16-2001, 01:52 PM
Casper
Le Mans Master

Default Re: So when are the Tulsa forum members getting together again????? (gears)

I've only been to the Mid-night drags in Tulsa. Not fun! Drunks, Rednecks, no lights on the far end. It might be different during the day but I won't be doing the mid-night thing again. That place seemed really run down compared to the other tracks I've been on. :confused:
Old 10-16-2001, 09:19 PM
Patman36
Melting Slicks

Default Re: So when are the Tulsa forum members getting together again????? (Casper)

Well the drags sound fun but I have no idea when they open. Are they usually crowded on friday's? Are they open any other day, say thursday??? Just wondering... :D

Patrick
Old 10-16-2001, 11:34 PM
jay17
Burning Brakes

Well the drags sound fun but I have no idea when they open. Are they usually crowded on friday's? Are they open any other day, say thursday??? Just wondering... :D

Patrick
I went last friday, got there right when it opened (6pm), wasn't crowed at all. It cost me $15. They also have test and tune on Tues. at 5:30, I think.
Old 10-18-2001, 05:28 PM
Pigface1
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08

Hallett would be cool .. they have a high speed touring deal once or twice a month: http://www.hallettracing.com/

Thunder Valley is a good drag strip and they'll start having test and tune on Sundays starting in November, as well as Friday nights like normal. That's a pretty long drive from Tulsa though.
Old 10-19-2001, 07:17 PM
Patman36
Melting Slicks

TTT :seeya
Old 10-29-2001, 07:06 AM
DynoDon
Drifting

Cruise-In II Veteran

Hi Patrick, just noticed this post this morning. It's hard to believe that we're only two months away from New Years Eve...where did this year go? If nothing else, we should try to do an early Saturday morning breakfast or something... Don
Old 10-29-2001, 11:48 AM
FRISKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: So when are the Tulsa forum members getting together again????? (DynoDon)

Hallett is done for the season unless we want to go Nov. 2-4 during the Viper days... Hallett race season begins in March.

Thunder Valley's last race night will be this Friday (Nov 2).

:chevy Carl

Get notified of new replies

To So when are the Tulsa forum members getting together again?????

Quick Reply: So when are the Tulsa forum members getting together again?????