Corvette Get Together In DFW!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 03:15 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Corvette Get Together In DFW!

Ok guys heres the story. Ive been wanting to plan a get together for the guys with vettes in DFW for a while. I live in Frisco and was wondering if anyone had a place that would be cool to meet that is close. (Plano, Frisco, Dallas, or Arlington etc.) Im thinking a Saturday in August would work the best. Ill be posting this in the other forums so there will be more Vettes there. Anyone up for it/have any ideas?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:38 PM
adam
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We used to have the DFW lunch around the plano area. There is a
SW section here on the forum for posting of events...

Make a suggestion and people will typically come given enough time and
a good location for people to meet.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:25 PM
724544SPD
Pro

If it's on a weekend, I'll drive in from Waco to check it out. With any luck, I'll get my buddy to bring his soon to be delivered 66 Vert.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Hybrid117
Racer

i need to go down to austin........i wonder if the vette would make it that far......
Old 07-23-2007, 09:30 PM
ChancWds
Instructor

Default Lunch

Locations:

Hooters in Frisco
Blue Goose in Plano
Glorias in Addison/Frisco

All have indoor/outdoor seating and ample parking.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:53 PM
GS807
Cruising

Default DFW Gathering

I have been trying to get a gathering of Grand Sports in Texas. I would be glad to help out and post it on the GSR Website as well. I am just north of Austin and have multiple friends with 'Vettes (C2's, C3's & C4's) that would make thew trip as well. I see lots of posts for Corvette gatherings out of state, but Texas should be able to handle a large-sized Corvette gathering of it's own. I would also be willing to let the the Austin Stingray Sharks and the Longhorn Corvette Club know about it. Just let me know when and where and we will do our best to be there. Anything to get out of the rain in central Texas!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:49 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

so i now have another reason why C3 owners are the coolest. i posted this same topic in the other forums and got no replies excpet "dont you know there is a southwest section?". Nothing at all to answer the question of a cool place. Lol the C4 guys didnt even respond.( i think they like the C3s better and are just jealous)You guys are great.

as for the locations given, tell me about Blue Goose and Glorias. Ive never heard of them but got a few people suggesting them. I definatly know all about the hooters in frisco.

Also, to plan a gtg at a place, do you have to call the place in advance, of just agree on herre and storm the place?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
ChancWds
Instructor

Default Meeting places

Blue Goose-Preston and Park Blvd.
Outdoor patio-good place to go anytime, always busy (inside and out) good mexican food and good cerveza. As important, you can see your cars from the outdoor patio. You can either sit at a table or stand by tables.

Gloria's in Addison-outdoor section is sit down only. May or may not be able to see your cars from patio, depends if you get an upfront parking spot.

Gloria's in Frisco - Larger parking area and you can see your car. Much larger patio. Mexican food and Cerveza's are tasty as well, but better priced.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Lightweight 001
Instructor

How about we chip in and rent Motorsports Ranch in Fort Worth for a day so everyone can run on the road course. I am a member there and would be happy to set it up if you guys are interested. I will bring my Duntov Lightweight out and give rides as well. Email is edward@duntovmotors.com
Old 07-24-2007, 08:24 PM
cknorr28
Instructor

I vote for Hooters in Frisco if we vote.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:44 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

So where are all you Frisco C3 vette owners hiding? i havent ever seen another C3 and ive lived here for 8 years...
Old 07-25-2007, 12:25 AM
CrossedFlags77
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightweight 001
How about we chip in and rent Motorsports Ranch in Fort Worth for a day so everyone can run on the road course. I am a member there and would be happy to set it up if you guys are interested. I will bring my Duntov Lightweight out and give rides as well. Email is edward@duntovmotors.com
I would be down for that, what would be the price breakdown?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:36 AM
jake1
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in for whatever! Track would be cool..if price is right..
Old 07-25-2007, 08:21 AM
73C3
Instructor

Default Blue Goose

The problem with the Blue Goose is parking. You almost never can find a space close enough to see you're car without using binoculars. It is always crowded and to find a whole section for our baby's would be impossible.

I never went to Gloria's in Frisco but would be willing to try it. It sounds like a winner to me
Old 07-25-2007, 03:06 PM
ChancWds
Instructor

Friday, Sat or Sunday?

How about a Sunday?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:14 PM
CrossedFlags77
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sunday
Old 07-25-2007, 10:56 PM
IrishMac
Moderator Emeritus

Gone, but not Forgotten
Cruise-In 5, 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Moved to the Southwest forum for you.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Get Together In DFW!

Old 07-25-2007, 11:57 PM
~Maverick
All Men Die, but Few LIVE
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

There is already an abundance of GTG's held at the local Hooters(so many, I avoid them)..there was one in Denton just this last weekend, well...25 or so cars met up in Grapevine and then a bunch of us ran up to Denton for the Car Show in Denton @ Hooters. If you are looking for a BIG turnout then you need something that will draw out the regulars of the normal GTG's...I've been to all of them that I'm aware of, and each has some people that really just want to pop out every once in a while. You have the normal Friday night group over in Arlington (Sergants), the Newer group of North Dallas/Frisco/ FlowerMound/Lewisville (Life's a Beach) area that meets on Tuesdays in FlowerMound...You have the Euless/Hurst/Bedford group that meets over in Hurst on Wednesdays(Rosas)...There is already a group that meets on Sundays out in the Murphy/Plano/Sachse/Garland area(Amados Mexican Cantina)...If all you are doing is trying to form a 'new' GTG for you and your group its going to have to pull off the 'regulars' at these already established GTG's...are you looking to start a 'new group' or find a group thats close to you? We already have NUMEROUS area Corvette Clubs..we have the Road Runners(smaller), the Lone Star Corvette Club(BIG), the Blue Thunder group(Large), There is a big group that tries to make alot of the GTG's out of Wichita Falls area...there is the the Cowtown Corvettes, oh GAWD..I'm going to **** someone off here and forget a group and that DON'T mean they are not a GREAT group..just that off hand I forgot them....

If you're looking to form some kinda "Day" Event then talk to Gray Fox....she is the activities director for this area and she will LOVE to see you take some of the weight off her...Remember, if you organize a run you'll have those that want to Scream along, those that want to POKE along, those that can't find the place...those that get there late, and those that will bitch because it's 'too far' TRUST ME on this...you will displease SOMEONE regardless of what you come up with, you just have to pick a date and come up with something and if it's good the Corvettes will show up....What kinda 'event' thing you wanting to put together? Ohhh Yes, I've got a C4, a C5 and a C3 so make sure we all get credit for ideas...hehehehe!! (Just kidding)

The 'Events' type GTG's are really what a lot of the guys/gals are wanting...you'll see where the things like the organized runs to places like Stephenville will draw out 25-50 cars...the Events like the LG Motorsports Dyno Runs and BBQ drew out a large turnout...The Lone Stat Corvette Classic was just 2 months ago and drew out literally THOUSANDS of Corvettes from all over the United States. The Annual DFW picnic is coming up...held in Arlington to be centrally located it draws a biggg turnout yearly....The Eureka Springs yearly GTG ((FUNNNN!))..I KNOW there is a Group down in the Red Oak/Lancaster area thats trying to get a 'regular' group meeting going down in south Dallas...there are PLENTY of things going on, you just have to pick an event and then remember to show up for it. Weather will kill your event FAST unless you draw a beautiful day..some will not even look under the car cover if there is a raindrop within say,.....200 miles? About that...

~Maverick
Old 07-26-2007, 12:37 AM
jake1
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Here ya go..

http://www.sachsechamber.com/carshow2007.htm
Old 07-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Vetteinplano
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cknorr28
I vote for Hooters in Frisco if we vote.

Unfortunately, there's not enough parking at this one.

Quick Reply: Corvette Get Together In DFW!