Got a Ticket w/Antique Plates

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 01:42 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2005ArcticWhite
Bummer.......
What's the bummer? The ticket (hey, that's life!) or that Hagerty would be crazy to insure Peter Pan's 750+ rolling manifestation of his 2nd childhood?

Originally Posted by Tom/99
I have been stopped for not wearing a seat belt, my car only has lap belts, that's another thing the police don't seem to understand.
Aside from safety, this is another reason I put 3-point belts in the Turd...LEO's can see them!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:49 PM
~Maverick
All Men Die, but Few LIVE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Cops are quick to tell you that "Ignorance of the law, is no excuse for breaking the law"...it seems only fair that if they want to 'make up' what the laws are, you need to draw attention to his lack of knowledge, after all "Ignorance of the law, is no excuse for THINKING you 'know' the law" Once he gets slapped down a few times he'll start to question just how 'Sure' he is you are in violation, Cops are human and make mistakes...it's YOUR job to be sure he learns from his mistakes so others don't suffer his lack of knowledge later on down the road.
I've quoted certain CHL 'laws' to cops before and then when they got 'bossy' simply said "Go ahead, do whatever you THINK you need to do...I'll do the same" They usually go back to the car and either call in, or open the book and start looking....this comes in handy on certain things where you just KNOW you are going to possibly have problems. Carry the laws with you, and have the parts you need highlighted. Just be REALLY sure you understand the laws "totally and completely" if you want to toe the line with them....the typical manner they handle questions like this is to ticket 1st, dismiss to save face, if necessary.

Remember,...NEVER let it get to the point where they think you are questioning their 'Authority'....that opens a wholllllle different can 'o worms. Bad Worms.

~Maverick
Old 08-20-2018, 09:51 AM
Tracy Rose Bambeck
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=SLICK_N_STICKY;1564370614]I was cruising thru Seabrook,Tx this Sunday.Light traffic about 10mph.I saw this cop looking hard at me,He made a u-turn and pulled me over and told the reason he pulled me over was no inspection and told me that he was writing me a ticket.I told him I did not have it because I had Antique plates and I was on my first test ride of the summer.(Had to throw that in there)He told me every vehicle driven on the State Hwy had to have inspection he told to take it up with the Judge in court and I was wrong.Sucky day.I came home search the net for info for some thing that said I did not have to have inspection.I could not find anything?I need somthing legal to take with me to court.Does anyone where I can find it?
Thanks,Slick[/QUOTE

Vehicles registered as "Antiques" are exempt from annual inspection. To see the restrictions on the use of antiques or to obtain more information on how to register your vehicle as "Antique", visit the TexasDepartment of Motor Vehicles. Vehicles registered as "Classic" are required to have an annual safety inspection.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:00 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

When I had a 40 Ford the Oklahoma law states that an antique vehicle doesn't have to be inspected. I used to carry a copy of the law in the glove box. I got pulled over once in a small town. I showed the law to the Cop and he radioed in, came back and let me go.

Quick Reply: Got a Ticket w/Antique Plates