Dallas/Fort Worth TPMS Help Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 05:58 PM
DannyBoyC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dallas/Fort Worth TPMS Help Wanted

Hi All,
My 2007 C6 tire pressure sensor configuration lost their brains and now all 4 tires show XX PSI. I hate bringing my car to the dealer when it looks like I just need a TPS trigger device for 1 minute with the car in learn mode to get it all fixed up again.
Is there anyone local to Dallas / Forth Worth that has one of these tools that I could stop by and use?
I live in South Arlington.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Dan
Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by DannyBoyC6
Hi All,
My 2007 C6 tire pressure sensor configuration lost their brains and now all 4 tires show XX PSI. I hate bringing my car to the dealer when it looks like I just need a TPS trigger device for 1 minute with the car in learn mode to get it all fixed up again.
Is there anyone local to Dallas / Forth Worth that has one of these tools that I could stop by and use?
I live in South Arlington.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Dan
not sure if you have a discount auto tire there but I took mine to one and they carry the TPMS at a fraction of the cost.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:40 PM
AvidFan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can try Discount Tire, but they couldn't get mine to reset. The sensors got hung on 27 psi and 28 psi according to the DIC, but their instrument showed the sensors reading correctly @ 30 psi. Finally while on the 50 mile drive to the dealership, the reading on the DIC went to XX psi and it started flashing that there was a problem. It took the dealer over 30 minutes to get all that mess to reset and read correctly on the DIC. He said it was only the 2nd time he had seen XX psi on the DIC.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:58 PM
c6 batmobile
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just take em to the dealer or tire store and have em reset. No sense in wasting your money on a tool that youll only use once a year or less when you change tires.

Get notified of new replies

To Dallas/Fort Worth TPMS Help Wanted

Quick Reply: Dallas/Fort Worth TPMS Help Wanted