Friends funeral and traveling Liberty Bell

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:53 PM
jda67gta
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09
Default Friends funeral and traveling Liberty Bell

A close friend passed away this week. His passing was fairly unexpected, even though he had just been through major surgery to remove a tumor from the front part of his skull. He had come through the surgery well, and was waking near the nurses station when he collapsed. Turns out he experienced several blood clots in his lungs, and they were unable to revive him.

He was a Vietnam Veteran, loving husband, father, and had many family and friends. One of his friends contacted the guys who have dedicated themselves to honoring our County and Veterans by showing and maintaining a traveling Liberty Bell replica. The Bell is now located outside the funeral home where he will be laid to rest, and they will be ringing the Bell once for each year of his life during the funeral ceremony tomorrow. They rang it tonight once for each year of his service.

All I can say is it brings chills to your spine, and drives home the sacrifice made by those that have and do serve. Tonight was emotional - tomorrow will be even more so.

Here is the link to the guys who have the Bell. I would encourage anyone who desires to honor their lost Veteran family or friend to request their presence.

http://www.proclaimliberty.us/wordpress/

Godspeed Patrick………..
Old 02-12-2010, 11:27 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by jda67gta
A close friend passed away this week. His passing was fairly unexpected, even though he had just been through major surgery to remove a tumor from the front part of his skull. He had come through the surgery well, and was waking near the nurses station when he collapsed. Turns out he experienced several blood clots in his lungs, and they were unable to revive him.

He was a Vietnam Veteran, loving husband, father, and had many family and friends. One of his friends contacted the guys who have dedicated themselves to honoring our County and Veterans by showing and maintaining a traveling Liberty Bell replica. The Bell is now located outside the funeral home where he will be laid to rest, and they will be ringing the Bell once for each year of his life during the funeral ceremony tomorrow. They rang it tonight once for each year of his service.

All I can say is it brings chills to your spine, and drives home the sacrifice made by those that have and do serve. Tonight was emotional - tomorrow will be even more so.

Here is the link to the guys who have the Bell. I would encourage anyone who desires to honor their lost Veteran family or friend to request their presence.

http://www.proclaimliberty.us/wordpress/

Godspeed Patrick………..
sorry to hear about your buddy.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

May your friend rest in peace.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:19 AM
rag1998