Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Anyone going to COMMA this weekend at Hallett?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 10:04 PM
Patman36
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone going to COMMA this weekend at Hallett?

Hey folks. Carl (FriskZ06) was wondering if I was going to attend the high speed touring series this weekend. It looks like alot of fun. On Hallet's website it says something like COMMA*Mazda for this saturday and sunday, can anyone go or does some Mazda group have it rented?

If there are a few of you going, I would love to go and watch... not too sure if I want to race the car yet. Who is planning on going? :cheers:

Patrick :jester
Old 03-18-2002, 11:22 PM
99 Corvette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone going to COMMA this weekend at Hallett? (Patman36)

I will probably be there to watch on Saturday and maybe Sunday afternoon. I think it is open to all cars not just Mazda since Carl said he was thinking about putting his car on the track for a practice run :cheers:

Jerry
Old 03-20-2002, 12:08 AM
FRISKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Anyone going to COMMA this weekend at Hallett?

COMMA (High Speed Touring) is open to ANYONE that wants to run any kind of car on the 1.8 mile roadrace track. King Mazda will be the "guest series" racers this month and the Pro Truck Series will be next month. That just means that they will have races on the same day as COMMA and High Speed Touring.
http://www.hallettracing.com

Hallett is between Stillwater and Tulsa, about 1-hour, 30-minutes from OKC.

To the best of my knowledge the cost is $75 for one day, $125 for both days and you will also need to join COMMA or the High Speed Touring Assoc for $35 per year.

Any car can run on the track if it will pass tech. You don't need a roll bar or fire suit but you will need a Snell approved helmet.

Track time on the 1.8 mile, 11 turn, asphalt roadrace track varies with the amount of cars running, but most days they have at least five 15 minute sessions (1 hour, 15 minutes track time) which is more than most people will run in a day. In HST, they send the cars out on the track one at a time, spaced a few seconds apart. They do not allow passing in the corners, only on the straights.

It is cheap fun, better than driving in a straight line and you don't worry about getting a ticket.
Old 03-23-2002, 08:32 AM
FRISKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Anyone going to COMMA this weekend at Hallett? (FRISKY)

We will be leaving TODAY from Crossroads Mall at 7:15am to go to Hallett. We will do the same thing, same time TOMORROW (Sunday).

Everyone is invited to go.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone going to COMMA this weekend at Hallett?

Quick Reply: Anyone going to COMMA this weekend at Hallett?