Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:16 AM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by Toque
I hope to heck that the weather holds.
I have heard that the weather front in the Gulf might make it here by this weekend...

Gah ya, that would really suck as it'd pretty much ruin the plans. Let's just keep our eyes to the sky and see how it pans out.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:01 AM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm on call this weekend and may have to work Saturday.. If I get lucky.. I'm in for CnC and the bbq run afterwards
Old 07-01-2010, 12:20 AM
EddieF14
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dangerz
Hey guys,

My little brother is coming down to visit me before we fly back to Philly for my wedding, so I wanted to show him some cool cars and give him some Texas BBQ. On July 3rd there's going to be the usual Cars and Coffee event in Plano (http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info) so we'll be going to that. Afterwards we're going to head over to Hard Eight over in Coppell (688 Freeport Parkway, Coppell, TX). I figured if anyone else wanted to tag along, I'll call ahead and get us some reservations. I dont know the area well but from looking at the map, I'm going to assume that there aren't any super fun roads or anything to take there. Unless someone can make some suggestions I'm just going to super-slab it.

- Driving will be cruising w/ the top down. There are always a lot of cops out on that Saturday and I doubt anyone here wants to make their wallet lighter. If people want to form a faster group to go ahead of us, you're more than welcome to. I'll be leading the moderate driving group though (5-10mph over the speed limit, just enough to stay ahead of traffic).
- Bring your 2 way radios please. They come in very handy on the drive. I'll have an extra one to lend out. Once we get closer to the event I'll pick a channel that we should all tune into so we can organize leaving CnC at the same time.
- We'll be leaving at 11:00am from Cars and Coffee. This'll give us enough time to get to Hard Eight and if we just do the straight route there, it'll take 45 mins or so.

Anyway, here's a preliminary map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...y,+Coppell,+TX

If you guys have any roads to suggest along the way, feel free. Since we're pretty much in city limits the whole time, though, I don't know that we'll find anything too nice.

If you're interested in coming, post up or pm me to let me know so I can get a headcount to give to the restaurant.

See ya guys there!

Roy

Count:
Me (1 car)
stealthjr (1 car)
louiecvt + wife (2 cars)
jmac2009 (1 car)
jaygood (maybe, 1 car)
toque (1 car)
others (2 cars)
Hey Roy sign me up please.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:48 AM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by EddieF14
Hey Roy sign me up please.
I added you to the list Eddie.

So far the weather's not looking so great gents. We'll probably still go to Hard Eight rain of shine, but CnC will definitely be dependent on the weather.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:10 AM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Having some car problems.. parked the car yesterday and came out to a dead battery. I had the neighbor give me a jump and that worked. Drove around for ~an hour to make sure the battery was charged. Woke up this morning to a dead battery >:[

I have it dropped off at Autozone. They're going to recharge/check it for me. Hopefully it's something minor. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I'll post back with updates as soon as I find out what's wrong.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:35 PM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

I think I got it fixed.. replaced the battery and noticed that the battery bolt was loose. I'm guessing it wasn't charging the battery fully, so I fixed that too. Autozone checked the alternator and it was working fine, so I'll test it in a few hours and see if I fixed the problem.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:03 PM
louiecvt
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

if it rains tomorrow are we still going to Hard 8? If so where is the meeting spot?
Old 07-02-2010, 11:40 PM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by louiecvt
if it rains tomorrow are we still going to Hard 8? If so where is the meeting spot?
I plan on being at Hard Eight rain or shine. Cars and Coffee is depending on whether it's raining or not.

If it's raining and you still want to do Hard Eight, just plan on meeting there at 11. I'll park outside and wait for you guys. Tomorrow morning I'll post up whether or not I end up going to CnC. My phone # is 484.794.0502. Call me if you're unsure of what/where to meet up.

Remember if you're at CnC, plan to leave there by 11am so we can be at Hard Eight by 11:30.

Last edited by dangerz; 07-02-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by dangerz
I plan on being at Hard Eight rain or shine. Cars and Coffee is depending on whether it's raining or not.

If it's raining and you still want to do Hard Eight, just plan on meeting there at 11. I'll park outside and wait for you guys. Tomorrow morning I'll post up whether or not I end up going to CnC. My phone # is 484.794.0502. Call me if you're unsure of what/where to meet up.

Remember if you're at CnC, plan to leave there by 11am so we can be at Hard Eight by 11:30.
I hope at least it dries by lunch for the BBQ.... I

Toque
Old 07-03-2010, 08:16 AM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

We have some light rain down here. Anyone know what its like up north?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:21 AM
U17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In McK it's very cloudy,almost no drizzle... but looks like it could break loose any time !!! Nothing on radar though ...
Old 07-03-2010, 08:32 AM
brimee
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 42 Posts

I live about 5 miles fron CnC, it just stopped raining and the roads are wet. No CnC for me today
Old 07-03-2010, 08:45 AM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by 05 SilVert
I live about 5 miles fron CnC, it just stopped raining and the roads are wet. No CnC for me today
Ah damn, that sucks.

Well we're still going to go to Hard Eight. I'll be there around 11am if anyone else wants to join in. I'll be coming from south-west Fort Worth if anyone wants to caravan over.

Quick Reply: Ride to Hard Eight BBQ after CnC on July 3rd