Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

DFW: Anyone get a "Sponsored Dealer" deal at a local TX dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 12:03 PM
bruceaalee
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DFW: Anyone get a "Sponsored Dealer" deal at a local TX dealership?

Hey guys,
I just sold my 2007 Corvette and I'm weighing my options on buying a used 2008-2009 Corvette (possibly Z06) or new Corvette. I have cash to buy the car but considering how low interest rates are I would prefer to finance and keep the cash in my business.

With GM offering 0% on 2010 models it got me really considering buying a new Corvette instead of a used Corvette which I can finance at 3.5%. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting "Corvette Forum Sponsored Dealer" deals from any Dallas/Fort Worth or even Texas dealerships.

Best Regards,
Ali Nadimi
Old 06-30-2010, 01:20 PM
BRU
Le Mans Master

When we bought our 2008, we emailed the internet sales manager at every dealership within a 200 mile radius that had the vette with the options we wanted. We negotiated the best deal before every stepping foot on a lot. You might give that a try. Or you could just buy our 2008. It's for sale.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:31 PM
bruceaalee
Heel & Toe

Thanks for the reply, Hey I'm open to a good deal on an 08...

Honestly I started off looking at used 08 and 09 vettes both retail and wholesale. (I have a dealer license). Unfortunately the corvette I want has to have 6spd, 3LT, NPP, and preferably Navigation. A car that fits my requirements is not that readily available on the used car market and when they are typically the asking price is a bit out of touch with reality, IMHO.

Also GM offering 0% gives me an excuse not to pay cash.

I have tried the internet route before, but from my past experiences local dealer internet pricing is not close to forum prices on their initial offer and that means the negotiation route is often long and full of bs...
Old 07-01-2010, 12:14 AM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Out-of-state sponsoring dealers have been known to make excellent deals and then ship the cars.

I know of a recent case where Kerbeck in Atlantic City did the deal and the new GS arrived at the buyer's Texas front door via FedEx.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:04 AM
bruceaalee
Heel & Toe

I actually called Kerbeck today, but I also found this post from a dealer in Houston:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...n-houston.html

They seam to be right on with Kerbeck and Boardwalk. I'm planning on calling them tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply guys.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:29 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bruceaalee
I actually called Kerbeck today, but I also found this post from a dealer in Houston:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...n-houston.html

They seam to be right on with Kerbeck and Boardwalk. I'm planning on calling them tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply guys.
As another option you might try Lewis Chevrolet in Canton, he will come close if not match most deals and it's much closer than Houston. No salesman just Henry Lewis the owner to deal with.

Get notified of new replies

To DFW: Anyone get a "Sponsored Dealer" deal at a local TX dealership?

Quick Reply: DFW: Anyone get a "Sponsored Dealer" deal at a local TX dealership?