Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 10:46 PM
DBL TKE
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

Hi everyone my name is Kayla. I just got a 2005 convert.
I have a question for the Texas people. I have a 5 yr old son who has to be in a car seat. Is it against the law for him to ride in the Vette? I can turn his airbag off.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Lothar34
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DBL TKE
I have a question for the Texas people. I have a 5 yr old son who has to be in a car seat. Is it against the law for him to ride in the Vette? I can turn his airbag off.
Should be fine. That's the reason they give you the option to turn off the airbag in 2-seaters and pickups.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:26 AM
AMGPilot
Drifting

Originally Posted by DBL TKE
Kayla,

Your 2005 Corvette has a switch in the glove box to turn off the passenger side airbag.

2006 and later Corvettes have a scale in the passenger seat that automatically determines if the passenger airbag should be enabled or not.

The owners manual will tell you everything you need to know concerning "Child Restraints".

Here is a link to the owner's manual for 2005 Corvettes if you don't have one: 2005 Corvette Owners Manual

Last edited by AMGPilot; 07-12-2010 at 04:36 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 AM
DBL TKE
Cruising

Thank you so much for the information. I had already turned off the airbag. Someone had told me when they changed the laws for children being in a car seat and booster seat that they couldnt ride in a car with only 2 seats. I tried to find info on the DMV site but came up with nothing. I finally was able to talk to a friend who is a police officer and he said they could but had to be in the right car seat or booster seat for height and weight. Thank you again.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:25 PM
C6MagRed
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

My Sister-in-law has a 2008 Z06 and 3 kids that all love to ride....Definately legal in Texas

Get notified of new replies

To Question

Quick Reply: Question