Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

*** Win a set of Fiske Wheeks - Central Texas ***

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 03:43 PM
kick16
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UTSA Car Show - Fund Raiser

We could host a car show here at the university of Texas at San Antonio, and use any donations etc. to pay for the rest of my college expenses... and some new tires to slap on my new fiske wheels!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:14 PM
ZRon1
Intermediate

Default Old guys Corvette luncheon- upocoming event

For anyone interested, we have an informal group of Corvette guys who get together every other tuesday in the mid cities area of DFW. Next week on Nov. 6th we are meetng at the Hardway Classic Cars museum in Haltom City. See www.hardwayclassiccars.com for location.
It's a lot of fun to just talk car stuff and Corvettes!!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:37 PM
jcosta79
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Start a yearly Corvette Track Day at the new Circuit of the Americas in Austin.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:00 PM
BryanB83
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, Im not sure of the logistics just yet but, I suggest that we have some sort of cruise and "donation" style event. Each driver could be compensated (to a charity) x amount of $/mile. We could get each region involved and drive coast to coast stopping in a selected town along the way to raise donations and bring awareness of the corvette passion. It would also raise interest in members joining clubs. (you choose your driving distance). I think with the devistation that our felow North region has just encountered the proceeds should be donated to this "rebuilding effort". Red Cross, etc....

Maybe have the event start in San Diego and end in NYC. This could just be a leisurely drive not a race.

Just my .02$
Old 10-31-2012, 05:14 PM
scameron
1st Gear

How about a "race day" at Texas Motor Speedway. We could get together with Eddie Gossage and come up with a combined charity.
We could probably have a good sized party on the infield.

I know in the past you could get your picture taken in your ride coming
in front of the Texas Motor Speedway logo, that would be something cool everyone could do that had the itch.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:26 PM
T3mpl3
5th Gear

Default Vettes for a cure

The location isn't as important to me, what is would be the reason to meet.

I lost a cousin to a terrible motorcycle accident in 2009, but from the loss of his life came life for others. Chad donated organs and saved the lives of many people. He donated his heart, liver and kidneys so four special people could live happy, healthy, productive lives with their family and friends. A corvette rally with a specific purpose, like raising awareness for Donate 4 Life, or Susan G. Komen, would not only be a great time for the Vette enthusiast, but also give the opportunity to spread the word on not only diseases and fights people take up every day, but the hope for cures.

They live in Katy Texas today, but travel all over to raise awareness for Donate 4 Life.

I am sure this idea already exists somewhere, but I am glad just to voice my opinion.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Lots of great suggestions here!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:02 PM
sammm
Racer

How about an Autocross series at different locations throughout Central Texas? Pick 3 or 4 venues scattered around the area.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:06 PM
ultradriver10000
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

A long weekend hot rod cruise starting in a major city like Houston/Dallas/San ant/austin leaving out at say 12 so long distance guys can get into town would be great. Then a day drive out into hill country with a nice hotel and a small town where we take over the city would be awesome. I'd like the wheels too :0
Old 10-31-2012, 06:29 PM
RWE 427
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

How about a cruise into the Hill country from San Antonio followed by a dyno day at Lethal Performance?
Old 10-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Rick Perkins
Instructor

Default Cruise n Clays Shoot

I know a lot of vette owners who are also sportmen. Most have grown up shooting shotguns. I think a great idea would be to have a vette owners sporting clays tournament or multiple tournaments in different locations. There are many ranges between Dallas and San Antonio who could handle an event like this. Maybe % of procedes from entry fees go to a deserving charity. You get the best of many worlds. Meet great people, have some fun, see some great cars, and help some people in need at the same time.
Rick Perkins
Old 10-31-2012, 06:54 PM
nathancap24
Intermediate

Always for supporting the veterans so if we could arrange a cruise for the troops or something in support of the Wounded Warrior Project is always a good thing. Fort Hood and the surrounding VA Hospitals would be a great starting point and then extend out through hill country.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Dogged
Intermediate

There is an event called Laps for Charity. It's like $35 to run your car around Texas Motor Speedway. I did it with my Charger group and had a blast. It's not all out, but you can get in a pretty fast group and they will let you play in short spurts. I ran 131 in one stretch .

I think they do it twice a year and all we would need to do is sign up as a group and show up about an hour before our time to muster.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:29 PM
scnhra
Instructor

Not sure if this is exactly where to post for Houston but I do need some wheels.

How about a large Corvette show at Aeros & Autos in Houston @ Ellington Airport.

I happen to know the guys who do the show (me +) and would dedicate an area to Vettes if someone wanted to do something special.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:32 PM
JSBJohn
Instructor

Biff Buzby's in Live Oak (San Antonio) has a weekly Friday car show. $5 entry and they give you $5 towards food credit. Lots of nice cars, live music and fun. We can reserve an entire section for Corvettes only.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Bruiser2012
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm in southern New Mexico and I think some type of Corvette "show and eat" in El Paso or Las Crucas would be great. I don't know what else to call it but basically we take over the parking lot of a restaurant in the evening, eat and hang out with each other and the cars. I think that'd be cool.

And yeah, I agree with the other posters that the southwest region is huge!

-Bob George
Old 10-31-2012, 07:42 PM
p4snow
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 244 Posts

Haven't read all the posts, but how about a function where brand new corvette owners could meet veterans to learn more about their cars. I am taking delivery at the museum next week and know that I have a lot to learn...so how about a " take us under your wing" event?

Get notified of new replies

To *** Win a set of Fiske Wheeks - Central Texas ***

Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 PM
mobynick8
Heel & Toe

The Texas Motor Speedway has Friday Night Drags on Friday nights. It would be awesome to have it overrun with Corvettes. We could setup a show area and then crush all the rice burners in race area.
I would also be curious to see if we could host an event where there is an admission fee that goes towards actually renting out the speedway for a day or weekend. It could be an event with food, parts, and appearance vendors setup and possibly a section for kids to enjoy. That way the entire family could come out and enjoy Vette Day at the Speedway!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:52 PM
monsterms
Heel & Toe

Don't forget the Coast. Throw in a run form all over the state to the "Corvettes on the LEX" that takes place in September of next year.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:57 PM
CL02Z06
Intermediate

How about for those In the Houston area meet up at The Space Center. I know a few good spots where we could have everyone take pictures of their Vette with the Space Shuttle and and other Rockets in the background. Kinda play off the Corvette American Rocket's commercial.

Quick Reply: *** Win a set of Fiske Wheeks - Central Texas ***